Your 2021 Grip Choice?

I need to replace my grips this year, and I think I'm going to use the the Tour Velvet 360 Align. I have one on one of my woods I got from Callaway Pre-Owned and really like the feel.

I'm currently playing MCC+4 Midsize. Will probably regrip them to the same ones - however debating if I should do the Arccos MCC+4 Midsize grips though...

Think I may go to the GP +4 ALIGN on everything but my wedges this season.

I just installed Star Sidewinder grips on my wedges to complete the fully blacked out look I’ve always wanted (Maltby M-Series+ with DG black onyx shafts). Looking sharp.
6E4FB049-6CFB-4D4E-B5D9-FC59F87B834A.jpeg

I’ll likely put these on my woods as well. I currently have MCCs on my irons but will likely move to softer wraps at some point this year. I really liked the Winn DryTacs on a previous set- really enforced a lighter grip and smoother tempo for me.

Last edited:
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Align on everything but the driver, it has a Golf Pride Z Grip

Golf pride MCC +4 in blue

Going back to the original. Regular old MCCs. Didn't have UTx available for my irons when I was fitted, which was the deciding factor. Will just need to make sure I stay on top of keeping them clean.

Was using CP2 ‘s on a whim last year I put on champkey midsize from mr bezos. A year of 2-3 day a week playing plus range work they have held up well. They were 1/2 the price of other grips. Blasphemy? Maybe but they work and are inexpensive

Standard Lamkin Crossline Black on my new irons and wedges. I like them, and plan to get the same on a new driver and woods later this year.

Lamkin Sonar midsize. Still haven't found anything that feels better to me so I'll be sticking with these.

Either sticking with Winn Dri-Tac oversize or possibly trying JumboMax.

Replaced all my grips with MCC+4 again. Have been using them for a few seasons now and like them. They last well and I play in all weather year round, almost 200 last year. I just did a new hybrid to match the rest and put all my Shot Scope tags back in. I went to midsize this time, after trying 3 layers of extra tape under them last year and so far like the change. New grips always feel great.

Winn excel wrap oversize

CP2 Wrap as I love the benefits they give me.

Will try the Sonar Wrap I received in my holiday mystery bag, they feel pretty good off club.

For many years, I used GP MCC's. 2 years ago, I switched to Winn Dri-Tac's because they feel better to me. The MCC's are great grips, but I'll stick with Dri-Tac's for now. May change from grey to navy blue, though.

GP MCC plus 4

I have Lamkin UTx on most everything right now and they're still in good shape. I also have an extra set, but they are the non-corded version and I like the corded ones a lot better. Going to give the Tour Velvet Cord a try on something new, I think.

I love the Winn Dri Tac midsize but I wear through them so fast. I re-gripped my driver 4 maybe even 5 times in 2020... I get real sweaty hands in the summer and the only other grip that seems to work for me are the Z grips. I put a Z grip align on my driver a few weeks ago but I don't notice the align part so I may just go with regular Z grips in 2021. Unless someone has another option for sweaty hands...

I’m so torn, but I need to decide ASAP

Winn Dri Tac

Golf Pride New Era MCC+4 in midsize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am using the Lamkin Hybrid ST right now. Very nice grip but I am very interested in seeing the Golf Pride Z grip soft and the Tour Velvet soft. I saw the Tour Velvet softs are available on the GP website but I don’t know if they are bringing the Z grip soft out for sale. Tried them on a TaylorMade demo club and they felt great...

I’m so torn, but I need to decide ASAP

I wish Lamkin offered more colors in the UTx. I know it's not as popular as the MCCs but I really did/do like those grips.

I wish Lamkin offered more colors in the UTx. I know it's not as popular as the MCCs but I really did/do like those grips.
They got....not as durable....as time has gone on, the first releases were SO good.

I actually miss using Z5’s a good bit

Back