Your 2021 Grip Choice?

GP Tour Velvet Align

Has anyone tried taci-mac arthritic, need something oversized.

I just installed Star Sidewinder grips on my wedges to complete the fully blacked out look I’ve always wanted (Maltby M-Series+ with DG black onyx shafts). Looking sharp.
View attachment 8990200

I’ll likely put these on my woods as well. I currently have MCCs on my irons but will likely move to softer wraps at some point this year. I really liked the Winn DryTacs on a previous set- really enforced a lighter grip and smoother tempo for me.
Follow up: I need to shout out two under-the-radar grip brands, Star Grips and Royal Grip. Both make real rubber grips in the US.

Star Sidewinder: This grip is a standard 360 perforated grip similar to Golf Pride Tour Velvet (Star is softer) and Pure Pro (Star is slightly firmer and less tack). I prefer a more aggressive feel and texture on woods, which is where these are now. They also make a variety of wrap style grips that should be solid performers.

Royal Grip Perf Wrap: Beautiful wrap grip with a subtle, stylish perforation pattern. I took a chance on a buy 9 / get 13 deal and hit the jackpot. These have medium firmness and mild tack, which is exactly what I want on my irons. I am a perfect mark for the subtle pattern and logo, just love the look and feel of these. $4/each before volume discount!
48F044A8-2CF8-436E-BC34-F49A114C0F1C.jpeg
I also really like the Golf Pride Tour Wrap Microsuede. Slightly deeper ridges than the Royal Grip flavor and a rougher texture with less tack. Probably better in humid environments (I live in the high desert so I wouldn’t know, lol). If they made these in more colors I think they would be hugely popular.

Most likely another year with the mcc+4’s, don’t remember when I first put them on but it has been a few years now. Might put the green ones on my x-forged cb’s but usually end up red or blue

Same as last year. Golfpride tour velvet plus 4 midsize. Best grips I’ve ever had.

Golf Pride Z Chord. My favorite grips ever.

Same as last year, mid sized zcords

Going to try these Golf Pride Z-Grips. Only problem is they say Taylormade and I use Ping irons. Just love the look of these. Plan to just blackout the TM logo and put logo down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2b618108b806e4c7ae2a85a1bd4a9c92.jpg

I actually just bought some tacky-mac cord grips to try. After three rounds, they feel really good and the cost is like 1/2 of what I pay GP

I'm going Superstroke wraps on one set.

Because they're the right color. That's literally the only reason.

Going to try these Golf Pride Z-Grips. Only problem is they say Taylormade and I use Ping irons. Just love the look of these. Plan to just blackout the TM logo and put logo down.

Those stock TM Z-Softs are my FAVORITE. Best of a bunch of worlds imo.

MCC Midsize blue/black. The grips I usually like were not in stock. So ill give these a shot.

Those grips are fantastic...Same z rubbers that are on my new Callaways!
Sure wish Golf Pride would make these available,

Just picked up a set of Lamkin Crossline Cord to swap in for the season.

As I order clubs, I think I’m going to go with Golf Pride MC Align Midsize. I’ve gone Winn DryTac Midsize over the last couple of years, but have enjoyed the hand feel of the aligns as I’ve been fondling clubs here lately.

Standard size MCC+4 but my favorite grip is the lamkin z5 tour taper which they no longer make

Used Tour Velvet +4 all of last year, thinking we might try MCC +4 aligns this year

Update: I went MCC +4 Aligns.

Just finished my first session hitting balls with them on the mat/net in my garage. Holy crap do I love them. They are quickly moving their way up to favorite grip ever territory.

I've ordered Tour Velvet +4 for my 3 wedges. The MCC+4 were very slick after 10 months even with frequent cleaning

Update: I went MCC +4 Aligns.

Just finished my first session hitting balls with them on the mat/net in my garage. Holy crap do I love them. They are quickly moving their way up to favorite grip ever territory.
I’m tempted to go with these this season... Love it on my driver.

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 in woods and wedges and MCC Plus 4 Align in irons

GP CP2 Wrap. I keep them clean, and as a result they last a long time.

When I replace the MCC Teams on the irons, I believe the Lamkin Crossline Genesis 360 Cord will take their place. Lamkins tend to last a few years for me; GP tends to last a year or a bit less before slicking up, at least that's the case with the MCC +4 on my wedges.

What are you, or do you plan on, rocking this year?
This doesn’t answer your question, but curious to know if you’ve heard anything about Sweetrollz putter grips? They have some really cool designs and I love the look, but can’t find reviews anywhere and don’t know anyone who has tried them.

Back