Your best golfing experience?

I have many fond memories of THP events, whether official or not. But I think my all time favorite was placing second with my daughter in the parent/youth event at our home course.
IMG_6488.jpeg

I have 2 that truly stand out and I played awful both times.
I only got a couple opportunities to play golf with my Grandpa but one where we walked the course together. I was very new to the game and could hit it a long way with no control. We talked a lot during that round and he probably never hit it over 200 yards but his score was way better than mine. I learned a lot about the game that day. I unfortunately didnt realize I was having one of my favorite golf moments until later.

Sunday I walked 9 holes with my daughter (a senior who just took up golf at the end of last season) and son. I played terrible, we probably waited 10 minutes on every tee box and it took 2 hours 45 minutes to play 9. Luckily I realized I was having one of my favorite golf moments so I didn't care that much about the negatives.
It's such an awesome experience when you realize it.. I tend to play worse when I'm with by girls as I'm more concerned about how they are doing than I am in what I'm doing. But if I was able to golf with them every day and continue to play poorly - I'd be a happy man and father.

Guess I need to venture out more. I don't have any really cool golf experiences 🤣
I don't think it's always about venturing out - one of my most memorable is seeing my wife succeed last summer - it's about experiences (big and small) that impact you. Mine are now trending towards watching my girls grow in their game and the sense of pride and joy I feel watching them play... even at 11 and 13 years old.

the grandaddy is pretty far up there. i wouldn't say the golf itself was the most special part of the trip, though there were some great moments on the course. don't get me wrong, the courses are spectacular. it's just when i think back, there are many other aspects that were more special. the totality of the experience, the friendships forged, and the fact that no amount of money can buy a trip like that.

another one really high on my list is the old course at st andrews. funny enough, there isn't much about the round that i remember. but i have vivid memories of arriving in st andrews, getting to the course early, then sitting behind 18 and watching groups tee off/come home.

The Grandaddy. Hands down! Not just because of the golf, but because of the whole experience. I will never experience something like that again and what it meant during that time of my life and still means to me.

Hmmmmm.... so tough to say, but I would have to go with the following this second. Answers are subject to change minute by minute.

THP related:
2014 THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National
It was really just a super fun weekend all around from the incredible golf courses to the better people. Late-night Publix runs for Shiner and early morning breakfasts. Probably the most fun I've had at a THP event to date.

Non-THP (official) related:
The 2016 Fireball gathering in Branson has to be up there. Same as the above with stunning golf and a lot of fun with the sizeable group who were able to make the trek. I don't remember playing great, but I had some of the most fun that I have ever had on a golf weekend. Getting to play with some old friends is always much anticipated, as well.

Both of these events would have never happened without the existence of THP.

So far The Morgan Cup has been fun but have to finish it before it takes over #1.

In 2016 I went to Scotland and Ireland for 3 weeks by myself. When I landed in Edinburgh and drove out to St. Andrew's there was a constant smile on my face. I checked into my hotel and got the lay of the land of where I go to sign in as a single and where restaurants were. I walked a lot if the course as it was Sunday so it was closed. When I went to sleep that night I fully expected to wake up around 5 and go get in line. Well I woke up at 1am and got showered and got to the course around 2am. There were already people there! I was 9th in line I believe. I had conversations with a bunch of people in line, all excited. I learned a lot about Brexit that morning. Lol. Anyway when I was selected to go out I was ready to go. The threesome all took irons off the first tee and were all serious about the round. I pull driver and stripe one down the middle and short of water. They looked at me like I was crazy for that play. Lol. Anyways I get to the road hole and for the first time in the round I hit an on purpose fade to avoid the hotel. I then hit my second into the famed bunker. The bunker shot I hit grazed the lip and popped the ball into the air. When the ball landed on the green it rolled to 3ft. Putt for par. On 18 I am on in 2 and lining up my birdie putt. When the ball comes off I hear a caddy say, "That's in." The ball gets to the hole and lips out. The crowd that is gathered around the 18th hole all groan as I now have to walk up and tap in my par. Just a fantastic day that I will not forget.

I've got a few that are right up there. I don't know how to pick which is the ultimate, but these are my top two:

1. Project X Experience. Just an all around great time with amazing people. Met some truly great THP'ers in @JB, @GolferGal, @Jman, @Space Bandito, @AnthonyC and @Tenputt. And of course @DB TT, @+7 KPTT, and @McD TT provided us with a boat load of information while providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Forever thankful for this one.

2. Family camping/Golf weekends. Growing up, these were a blast! Got to camp right on the golf course and play as much as we wanted. Golf carts? No thank you - we had our Honda Mini Trail and Yamaha Gemini 50!

I would say 2 things come to mind when it comes to memories or experiences for golf.
1st thing was for my major at Ohio State, we got the opportunity to go to UK and play some of the best courses in Scotland. Including The Old Course @ St. Andrews, Kingsbarns(my personal favorite) and Royal Lytham & St. Annes in England. Then we got to play a Ryder cup style match against a PGM school in England. Then to top it off we got to go tour an exclusive Golf Club called the Renaissance Club right before going to The Open @ Muirfield which was an fun.

The other thing that pops out is also from college when I was playing the Gray Course(easier course @ Ohio State) and ended up getting a Double Eagle while playing with my roommate and one of the greens keepers from the course.

The Morgan Cup is mine, and the experience is just starting!

I’ve already said it today but thanks to all that have answered. I love reading the different experiences y’all have. Let’s hear more.

It is fun to hear everyone’s golf life.

My Dad and I and two of my sons. I knock in a HIO on the course I grew up on. Dad buys me a bright orange shirt. Fast forward a few years and I'm wearing that shirt at Dad's wake with some golf shorts.

Mine was shooting my lowest score of 68. I went to the course to play 9 holes. I played the back shooting Even. Coming off of 18 I saw my SIL with his dad on the 1st tee box. I joined them and shot 4 under on the front.

Probably a day in late June 1972. That's the time that I played my first 9 hole round of golf. I can even remember who I played with that day.

Back