Your Bucket List Courses That Are Obtainable

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Most bucket lists start with Augusta, etc, but let's hear some thoughts on your personal bucket list courses that are obtainable. Meaning they are open to the public or are a resort. Give us your top 3-5 and the reason you want to go there?

Pebble, Pinehurst #2, Bethpage Black, Old Course, Carnoustie all for the historical aspect. Situations may be different, but to kinda see where some of the greatest moments in golf history happened would be pretty special.

pebble and bethpage black. pebble will happen for my 40th in a couple years. bethpage hopefully soon as well!

Arcadia Bluffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinehurst.

Grew up 80 miles from it, but never played there. Love what Coore and Crenshaw did to #2.

Pebble Beach - IT's Pebble!

Torrey Pines - Just looks like it would be fun

Links at Spanish Bay - I love the way this course looks in pictures

Streamsong (Red and Black doesn't matter) - A buddy of mine played there recently and told me that I have to play it so that is why it makes the list.

Great Waters - It right up the road from me and I have never been able to play it.

Bandon (all courses), Hilton Head (Habour Town), Pebble Beach and Kapalua

They just look unbelievable in pictures and I would love to play all of them. If I had to pick one golf trip, it would be a week at Bandon

Last edited:
I'm sure there are nicer or more amazing places, but for me, it's more about the history of a certain course.
1. St Andrews
2. Pebble
3. Torrey
4. Oakmont
5. Muirfield Village

Pebble for sure. After that I don't know really. Pinehurst does nothing for me.

Pebble
Old Course
TPC Sawgrass
Bandons
Harbour Town
Hideaway ;)

Honestly, Coeur d'Alene was probably in that #5 spot until recently. :love:

Last edited:
Pebble Beach, Pinehurst #2, Bethpage Black, Old Course at St Andrews, Carnoustie to name a few. Old courses ... duh, birthplace of golf so you have to play there. Pinehurst & Pebble for their nostalgia

Bandon, Whistling Straits, Pebble, and a bunch more. There's literally a dozen or so courses just in the AZ/NV area that I consider bucket list courses... Wolfe Creek, Shadow Creek, Wynn, We-Ko-Pa, Troon North, etc, etc.

I'm a fan of trying to play Major Championship venues. So in no real order here are some....

Torrey Pines, St. Andrews Old Course, Whistling Straits, Oak Hill, Chambers Bay, Pinehurst #2, Carnoustie

I have been lucky: I have played a few Tournament Courses like Sawgrass, Doral, Pinehurst, TPC Las Colinas and a couple of others...Would love to play the Old Course, Pebble Beachand I would love to play the Black Course from the tips.....Just because....

One of my most favorite parts of the country is the Pacific Coast. For scenery, tradition, history and great golf courses I would love to play Pebble, Torrey Pines and the courses at Bandon Dunes. In addition, I have always wanted to play the Old Course.

Bandon, Cabot Cliffs, Etretat, and Cape Kidnappers

If you haven't figured it out, I live for coastal golf.

Here's Etretat for those of you who aren't familiar.

Golf-Etretat.jpg

Pebble
Pinehurst No. 2
Pasatiempo
St. Andrews
Muirfield

For me, I want to experience some places of historical moments, as well as the great architecture of the courses.

TPC Sawgrass
Bay Hill
Pebble Beach
Whistling Straits
Shadow Creek

Sewailo - @Wildcat4life

Last edited:
My Top 5 would be

1) Old Course
2) Pebble Beach
3) Ballybunion
4) Lahinch
5) Spyglass

Bandon, Cabot Cliffs, Etretat, and Cape Kidnappers

If you haven't figured it out, I live for coastal golf.

Here's Etretat for those of you who aren't familiar.

Golf-Etretat.jpg

I have almost that exact picture in my trip album from a few years ago. Didn't really play golf at the time I was there, but knew that it was pretty spectacular.

My list would have to include:
The Old Course - I've visited it, but didn't get to play. The history is just oozing from the place.
Pebble Beach - such a scenic area, with very iconic holes
Spyglass - much the same reason as PB

Are you referring to Harbour Town when you say Hilton Head?
Yes, that's the number one course that I want to play in Hilton Head. I would love to go and stay at the Sea Pines resort and play the other courses there, but that light house at Habour Town has been drawing me for years.

In no particular order:
Pinehurst No 2.
Arcadia Bluffs
Pebble Beach
Bandon

Back