Your Bucket List Courses That Are Obtainable

Shoot I should plan a trip with you, those are mine exactly minus carnoustie, but I'd be open to adding it to my list and actually in that order:
Pebble
Pinehurst #2
Bethpage
Old Course

I have played all 4 of the other courses at Bethpage but have never been brave enough to play the Black. The Black looks so incredibly long and narrow when you see some of the holes from the other courses.

Bandon, The Old Course, Pebble Beach, Harbour Town are a few on my bucket list.

One day it will happen. Would have happened sooner but we decided to have kids lol.

Haha understand that struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in any particular order:

Crystal Downs - I got an invite and it sounds like it could happen.

Bandon- everyone I know that has been absolutely loves it, and I think I would too.

Pinehurst - kinda speaks for itself and all the new upgrades to the property sound amazing.

Pasatiempo - place looks amazing.

Cabot Cliffs and Links - appears to be the real deal, and not super far.

Seminole - long shot, but supposedly a few people can pull some strings.

Too many in Scotland and Ireland to name.

Also, for all you people writing Arcadia Bluffs - come to Detroit, let’s play some sick courses here, and then drive up north. Lots of great THPers in the area !

1.) Bandon - my #1 goal for 2020. There's a reason why it's on so many lists.
2.) Pebble Beach - the history and beauty
3.) Hilton Head - would like to spend a week playing the various courses in this area
4.) Scotland - all the known targets
5.) Southwest Ireland - Old Head, Ballybunion, etc.

All of you saying Bethpage Black must enjoyed getting punched in the face for 5 hours without a break. ;-)

Domestic: All of the Bandon courses, Pinehurst #2 and #4, Plantation Course at Kapalua, Ballyneal

International: Cabot Links and Cliffs, Old Course, Kingsbarns, Royal County Down, Royal Melbourne, Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm, Cape Kidnappers, Tara Iti

just to reiterate, look at this thread, what Bandon has done in just 20 years is remarkable.

Sage Valley
Dallas National
Preston Trail

my cousin has some great connections:cool:

I have played all 4 of the other courses at Bethpage but have never been brave enough to play the Black. The Black looks so incredibly long and narrow when you see some of the holes from the other courses.
I’ve played the Black course twice. The first time was two days after the last US Open that was held there. Such a great course. Long but fun!

Considering how many have Bandon on the list, why have we all not gone?! I know my reasons are mostly financial and time constraints, but I plan to go for my 50th in 4 years.

Ballybunion is freaking incredible. FAvorite course I’ve played.

Being of Irish descent it is my dream to take a 10-14 day trip to Ireland and play a new course each day, with Ballybunion and Lahinch at the top of the play list.

Last edited:
Bethpage tops this list. It’s one that’s escaped me every time I’ve tried to plan a trip. I just love that they still offer tee times for waiting in your car. Plus it’s a major championship course

Pinehurst/Mid-Pines/Dormie Club. The history of hosting championships and it’s just a golf mecca. So many awesome courses in one area.

Whistling Straights/Blackwolf Run - heard and read so much about this place. Just always wanted to go.

Streamsong - I feel like I read about its opening over the last few years so much that it’s just made me want to go.

Ooh, yeah Banff. I'd like to play there.

f1331144bd37b1a6d06c8157e7028c35.jpg

so this year I checked the Old Course and the Canadian Rockies from my list, I guess the next ones would be Bethpage Black and Cabot

I honestly don’t have many. A lot would be really cool to play, but I won’t feel like I’m missing anything by not playing them. For me, it’s basically St Andrews and Pebble.

Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Royal Dornach
Every course in the Rota.

Because I love links golf, I want to go back to Ireland and I have always thought it would be cool to play The Open courses.

Cabot links, royal portrush, old course and bethpage

Man....

In state:
Karsten Creek
The Patriot
Southern Hills

Out of State:
Whistling
Brandon
Streamsong
Tobacco Road
Bethpage
Prairie Dunes
Every nice course in Branson
TPC Sawgrass
More RTJ courses

Hell I could go on and on

Top 5:
Bandon - Everyone raves about the experience
Pasatiempo - Love the architecture styling of Alastair Mackenzie
Kiawah - Need to knock a few more SC courses off the list
Bethpage Black - AWT, and play where the pros struggle need I say more
Pinehurst #2 - Ross’ finest

1. Brandon: true links in america and scenery
2. Pebble: why not. It’s pretty
3. Wolf creek: just stunning visually

St. Andrews
Pebble
Spy Glass
Bandon (All of them?)
Hard to pick a 5th out of the Scotland courses. But one of them for sure.
Let’s go!

I may take you up on that next summer. I turn 40 next year and I live in Louisville, that would be an easy trip for me and a friend to get up for a weekend. Arcadia and the South Course both look tasty IMO.

Pebble
Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Carnousti
Pinehurst #2

Knocking 2 of those out next year.

Back