Your choice: 18 Pars or 9 Birdies & 9 Bogeys?

9 and 9. Nine birdies in a round means some greatness happened for me. I'm used to bogeys so no worries there and I'm still scoring the same as 18 pars so why not have some good shots while I'm doing it!

pars, because im doing something right!

I've never read/seen/heard another person who has actually played an 18 par round say they'd wish to do it again. I'll have to scroll back to see if that's changed, but to those who voted for it, but have never done it, be careful what you wish for. They're usually not anywhere near as satisfying as they sound.

I want to say 9/9 just because with 9 birdies it would mean I probably had some pretty awesome shots throughout the round. That being said, for my sanity I should probably go 18 pars.

9/9 and let's start with 9 bogs and finish with 9 birds...yea baby....

I'm used to bogeys, so bring on the birdies! ;)

The correct answer is yes.

I would take 9 birdies/bogeys. A lot of pars would be frustrating and 0 chance at a skin in competition.

I've done the 18 pars a couple of times but I'd definitely prefer the 9 birdies with 9 bogies. I did once have an 8 birdie round where I shot over par with two triples and a double on the card. :mad:

Last edited:
I think I would take the 18 pars

Birdies and bogeys for me. Birdies pay double.

9 and 9. Having fun with that score.

Gimme the 9 and 9. Shock and awe and then disappointment.

Funny story, back before I started sucking at golf, I never played good when my kids were with me. Lots of reasons for it but it’s hard to be mentally in it when they’re with me, maybe that’s just a me thing and as they improved at it it became easier.

So one day we’re playing and I made like 12 (I forget the exact number but it’s 12 or really close) straight pars. One of the longest par streaks of my life with no birdies, bogeys. Or others. My middle son exclaimed disgustedly “dad, when are you ever going to play good golf when we play together?!?” I told him that I was even par with 12 straight pars. He was shocked.

Good golf can appear almost boring. You’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing but because nothings dropping or you’re scrambling for it, it can seem like there is nothing really out of the normal going on.

Saw someone ask this question. Would you rather have a round with 18 pars or 9 birdies and 9 bogeys? Why?
No David Simms round for me, pars are boring

Pars.

Easier on the mind.

I usually card quite a few bogeys (or worse) and quite a few pars. I don't make many birdies. So I'm taking 9 and 9 all day.

9 birdies would be a hell of a fun thing to talk about.
If they were stress free pars though, I might lean towards that.

Aw, hell, I'd rather have some U&D's in there to show my short game off.

I go through periods of both. Birdies are more fun than pars, but bogeys suck. Hard to beat a big string of pars but that just means I missed a bunch of putts. What was the question again? :LOL:

18 pars

I would take 18 pars. You have to either be crazy consistent or have a very good short game and can get up and down at will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would go for the 18 pars. not that I would be unhappy with the other scenario at all.

I'm trying to explain the difference between them to the wife while we're on the road, and I knew she got what I was saying when she threw out this simple statement about the 18 pars:

"So it's like keeping your virginity all the way through college or something.

It's impressive, but it isn't near as much fun."

Hahaha

All pars! I feel like I’d beat myself up if I kept birdieing and then dropping a stroke.

Back