JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You have 10 hours in a car or 2 in a plane. The deal is if you drive you can play your own clubs. But if you fly you have to play rentals. What are you choosing?

Of course with flying you still have to get to airport 90 minutes early, etc.

I'm Driving.....no question

Driving. That 2 on the plane turns into close to 5 after driving to the nearest airport, getting there early to go through security checks, etc.

Driving. That 2 on the plane turns into close to 5 after driving to the nearest airport, getting there early to go through security checks, etc.

That AND them touching all your stuff and opening the travel bag and moving everything around

I’d probably fly and play the rentals, as long as I had an idea they’d be halfway decent.

Depends on the trip. If I'm traveling to golf, I'm taking mine and driving. If I'm just going on a quick holiday with no epic golf destination, and want to try to get a round in while I'm there, show me the plane and the rentals.

Flying! 10 hours in the car doesn’t get me to florida, but a 2 hour flight does!

Driving without a doubt.

Driving, I’m sick of flying

Where are we playing and what are the rental clubs available?
Multiple courses and they would all be current clubs, but that’s all you get

Driving. It’s a 2 ½ hour drive to the airport from here. When you factor in leaving early in case of traffic, getting there early to go through all the TSA nonsense, etc., I could’ve been halfway there already. Plus I don’t have to wear a mask to drive, and get to use my own clubs when I get there.

Either way, if it’s just for one round of golf I’m probably skipping it anyway, unless it’s a pretty freaking special round of golf!

This

Multiple courses and they would all be current clubs, but that’s all you get
Multiple courses = driving and bringing my own.

Driving, bringing my new Cobras 😎

Flying.

10 hours drive would be exhausting.

2 hour flight with extra time coming and going included naps and/or drinking. Count me in for that.

Edit: multiple courses/days starts to change that equation.

Last edited:
A specific golf trip I’d have to drive to take my own clubs, but I’d be mumbling under my breathe that I should have flew the whole way there.

If I’m playing 1 round I’d fly, more than 1 round I’d drive

Flying. As long as the rentals are quality, I get to try different equipment and 10 hrs is just a bit too long a drive.

Back