jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
This is similar to another thread out there....but, you can choose between a complete fitting for the clubs of your choice - OR - a free lifetime membership at the club of your choice (in your area). Free clubs vs free membership. Which do you choose...???

Always course for me. I’d love the free clubs, free equipment, free lessons deals, but I’d take quantity over quality every time. I love getting out on to play and that’s the most important part of golf for me.

Any club in my area??? I live in the Augusta,Ga area, so I guess I'll pick the membership.

I'll take the golf club membership. Average clubs in my area are in the $15k+ range for annual dues. Forget lifetime, even one year's worth of initiation fee + dues can buy 5-10 full sets of clubs.

I'd probably go membership.

Membership.

Membership. Even if we only look at it like a cost analyst, what is the max a bag could cost? 5-6k? Lifetime membership would be another 50 years for some people but even 10 years your course would need to be 500-600 for the membership to lose out, I would venture most are more expensive than that.

Membership.

I’d prefer the club membership. That’s a pretty incredible option!

Membership for sure because it would clearly be more expensive.

Membership!

Membership. I have already been fitted for clubs. That fitting and a complete set on new clubs would cover maybe a year of membership at my home course.

Membership for sure.

Even regardless of cost, I'd rather be out playing golf with crappy clubs than stay at home with top custom-fit clubs.

One set of clubs or a lifetime membership at a club? Give me the membership every single time. Now if it was free clubs for life, that would be a harder answer. Though I'd still most likely go membership

Well I'd take a membership to Whisper Rock for sure!

Sure....the membership.

Easy choice on the membership for me. Clubs shine and shank. Anything can happen. The course is consistent and unbiased to your clubs.

Membership!

Membership, no question. I like the clubs I have, and paying for a fitting once every couple years is a drop in the bucket compared to initiation fees and membership dues at any halfway decent club.

A club membership in my area? Although there's some nice courses in my area, (Southern Nevada) I'd probably go with the clubs, and fitting. This would be more useful to me. I already play on a pretty nice course in my area.

Now if I lived in a different area, say Augusta GA, or Monterey CA, or Ft. Worth, TX, I'd probably pick joining one of those clubs/courses.

Yes I would go membership , live near the sand belt courses in Melbourne - so Royal Melbourne membership would be coveted ‘ sits comfortably inside top 5 courses in the world ….

Now watch me dethatch the fairways and critique the greens hahahaha

As much as I always say I have no interest in a membership, this is just a value thing for me. A lifetime of free golf is worth a lot more than one set of clubs. Heck...what I'd save in green fees over the course of just one year would pay for a full set of clubs with fitting.

Back