Your Club Champions Experiences

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering how many THPers have had their clubs fitted at Club Champions and how was your experience? Now that their Holiday special is running I may head there after Thanksgiving and get a full bag fitting, Their Holiday Special runs from Nov 4, 2019 till January 31, 2020 for those of you who might have an interest. ;)

I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.

I’ve been 3 times. Once when I first started playing and learned that what I had was terrible for me and making it more difficult for me to learn the game. They tweaked the clubs I had to fit them as best to me as possible (lie and swing weight).

The second time was a couple years ago and I went specifically to get fit for a set of blades. Then I won a fitting a month or so later and went back to do a distance gap check/fitting.

I enjoyed all 3 experiences.

Hey CRW

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. :eek:k:

Last edited:
I don't have any personal experience, but my boy did a putter fitting with them and I was happy with it. I felt like the guy spent an appropriate amount of time with him. We gained valuable knowledge from the fitting. They bent his (then) current putter for him to use until he obtained a new one. They weren't pushy in trying to get us to buy the club from them like I thought they'd be. When I finally got the putter for him that he was fit for from eBay (Stroke Lab Double Wide), they bent it for free and bent his other putter back to stock specs so I could sell it.

Thumbs up from me.

I will be seriously considering a full bag fitting from them during their promotion.

Good to know, OG. Thanks for the input. (y)

This thread is really timely as Club Champion JUST opened a new location in Hartford, less than 5 minutes from where I work. I may (definitely will) be taking advantage of the holiday sale to get fit for new irons and tweak my wedges if necessary.

Just wondering how many THPers have had their clubs fitted at Club Champions and how was your experience? Now that their Holiday special is running I may head there after Thanksgiving and get a full bag fitting, Their Holiday Special runs from Nov 4, 2019 till January 31, 2020 for those of you who might have an interest. ;)

I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.
Do not hesitate. It's complete, it's extensive, and it's brilliant.

My food for thought... Do your research beforehand. Go in with heads you WANT to hit and make sure they focus on that first before putting their own selections. If you pace yourself, there will be plenty of time for both. Let them decide on shafts, but make sure it's comprehensive and that all manufacturers get run through (True Temper, PX, Nippon, KBS, etc).

The more information you have at the ready (shaft profiles, spin/launch logic), the better you can work WITH them rather than either fighting their ideas, or just accepting what they provide. Know what you want but don't be afraid to try things you didn't think about.

I have never done a full fitting at CC but I have been through a driver fitting. I thought it was very extensive and was a great experience. I would not hesitate especially with the Holiday special. I am 100% certain I'm going to do a putter fitting this year at CC.

Do not hesitate. It's complete, it's extensive, and it's brilliant.

My food for thought... Do your research beforehand. Go in with heads you WANT to hit and make sure they focus on that first before putting their own selections. If you pace yourself, there will be plenty of time for both. Let them decide on shafts, but make sure it's comprehensive and that all manufacturers get run through (True Temper, PX, Nippon, KBS, etc).

The more information you have at the ready (shaft profiles, spin/launch logic), the better you can work WITH them rather than either fighting their ideas, or just accepting what they provide. Know what you want but don't be afraid to try things you didn't think about.

Thanks for all that feedback, Canadan. My knowledge of equipment is limited, I probably just go with the flow and see where it takes me.

Did not have a very positive experience when @LoffKat did her fitting.

Selling was clearly the goal, not getting the best fit.

Now, if one heads in with the understanding you will be looking at a $5K full bag if you go with their recommendations, and are willing to drop that kind of coin, I think it will go well.

Now, if one heads in with the understanding you will be looking at a $5K full bag if you go with their recommendations, and are willing to drop that kind of coin, I think it will go well.

That's scary to hear, I won't drop 5k for a set of clubs.

That's scary to hear, I won't drop 5k for a set of clubs.
Others would have to chime in, but I think that is about what you could expect from CC.

As an example, when we went, they speced out a set of irons for her, and it was tickling $2K for 6-PW if I remember correctly.

Thanks to all who have replied. I find these threads about CC to be invaluable. In the back of my mind, I'm always thinking about a fitting. I like to hear the experiences that people have had with CC. If I were to be fit at a CC, I would like to have some idea what to expect including possible cost of what they recommend.

My experience with CC was not a fitting, but for club work and it was abysmal.

Brought in a couple of shafts to have butt trimmed and the adapters swapped out for another OEM. They had my shafts for over a month did nothing and kept telling me that the adapters were on order and special.

Went by at the 6 week mark and grabbed my stuff and walked out. (it was end of December into February, so I was in no rush)

I won't be going back and giving them any kind of business.

Another very different experience from mine.

Both locations I went to, they certainly made offers on product, but never pressed for a purchase.

Their access to equipment seems very good, the types of fittings they can do is great. I do not like their pricing or their upsell add on mentality. If they truely fit you into relatively stock options. You are still paying to have them do the fitting, then you have to pay to have them put your clubs together. Something that the OEM factory can do for free.

I think for 99% of golfers club champion is complete fitting over kill. The money spent there would be better spent by golfers to take lessons. As unsexy as that is.

Something that the OEM factory can do for free.

I understand your frustration at the pricing, but they do that because OEM’s are notorious for doing it wrong. I’ve only had one set ever come to me correct. Even my PXG’s were all off by a degree or 2 in either loft and/or lie and they are much smaller than the big OEM’s and should have time to ensure everything is perfect. I also went to a THP event at Ben Hogan golf a few years ago and they built clubs to our specs and mine were off. They corrected it that weekend, but it seems like it occurs 99% of the time.

I've posted in other threads, but did not have a great experience. Partially my fault for not being more educated. could have honed in on certain things I would have liked to try, and challenged my fitter more during the putter fitting.

wedge and putter fitting was useless.

driver was fun, but be ready for them to suggest a $1000 combo. I ended up tracking down their recommended (expensive) shaft (for 40% the price they charged) and it didn't translate to the course.

irons fitting was decent and my main focus. Got to try a ton of combos (would have tried some others or possibly gone split set if i knew what I know now.) Also, regret buying them through CC. Extra $500 or so for slightly different shafts than stock. Despite their sell of having everything perfect, thus the added cost, Lie angles were jacked throughout the set. Took a couple months of making bizarre contact between different irons to realize.

might give a different fitter a chance at some point in the future through them, but would never buy clubs through them again.

I did not have a good experience either. I went in there not knowing what they were. I’m clueless, I know. No one tried to help me or explain the process. They rudely said we are appointment only. Neither person in there even attempted to help me. I went bought a full bag from another fitter the week after.

Had a putter fitting with them last year and I really enjoyed it. As one just opened up close by I will be getting a driver fitting during there holiday special

Had a putter fitting with them last year and I really enjoyed it. As one just opened up close by I will be getting a driver fitting during there holiday special

How close?

Back