Your Club Champions Experiences

I just stopped into the Hartford location on lunch today. It literally opened on Monday so everything was bright and new and shiny. I met Mike who came down from the Boston location to open the new place and he couldn't have been nicer to talk to. We spoke about a full bag fitting and the benefits I could expect to see, both utilizing/tweaking my existing clubs and potentially getting fit into some new irons.

I can't wait to book an appointment.

I just stopped into the Hartford location on lunch today. It literally opened on Monday so everything was bright and new and shiny. I met Mike who came down from the Boston location to open the new place and he couldn't have been nicer to talk to. We spoke about a full bag fitting and the benefits I could expect to see, both utilizing/tweaking my existing clubs and potentially getting fit into some new irons.

I can't wait to book an appointment.

Would be interested to hear how it turns out as this is probably the closest CC to me.

I did an iron fitting through Club Champion and had a great experience - I went in open minded, but had a couple clubs I wanted to try. He asked about my golf game what I was looking to gain then asked my price range. Had a great fitting and had two club heads/shaft combos with extremely similar numbers (1 yd diff in carry and dispersion) between the Mizuno HMB and Taylor P790. Liked them equally in looks and feel, but he found that my shaft was a non-upcharge through Mizuno and saved me about $500. Didn't pressure me to buy at all. Great experience overall!

Another very different experience from mine.

Both locations I went to, they certainly made offers on product, but never pressed for a purchase.
Yeah, it was the most off putting part of my experience.

We went in and clearly explained ot the fitter that Kate is a purely recreational golfer and we were just looking to see what could be helped with equipment.

Halfway through the fitting, she was clearly physically spent, and barely taking a swipe at the ball, but on it went.

At the end, he recommended $2K in irons to pick up about 7 yards. He was right, those irons and shafts were an excellent match for her, but not at that price. When I explained that, he then started changing shafts and such to get the price down. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the fitting.

He also said "Well, how much do you want to spend, I will make up a set that fits into that budget". Very used car salesman to me.

Just a not positive experience. He was friendly and knowledgeable, no doubt, but pushing her through the fitting, when she was clearly out of it, and then trying to price a set to make a sale, was a bit much for me.

We went in and clearly explained ot the fitter that Kate is a purely recreational golfer and we were just looking to see what could be helped with equipment.

Halfway through the fitting, she was clearly physically spent, and barely taking a swipe at the ball, but on it went.

At the end, he recommended $2K in irons to pick up about 7 yards. He was right, those irons and shafts were an excellent match for her, but not at that price. When I explained that, he then started changing shafts and such to get the price down. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the fitting.

He also said "Well, how much do you want to spend, I will make up a set that fits into that budget". Very used car salesman to me.

Just a not positive experience. He was friendly and knowledgeable, no doubt, but pushing her through the fitting, when she was clearly out of it, and then trying to price a set to make a sale, was a bit much for me.
That is exactly how the fittings are not supposed to go. It sounds like a bad fitter.

When I work with CC we break the fitting over the course of several sessions so I’m not worn out doing a full bag fitting. Also we start with the most affordable options and go from there.

I will only go to Leif at CC for fittings.

The driver fitting I did with CC last month was very stress free. I explained to him that I wasn't looking to necessarily purchase anything, but wanted to figure out what combination of head/shaft is best for me. He went through the entire process from start to finish having me hit a ton of mid priced to high end shafts. Once the shaft was chosen, we tried pretty much every head available. Turned out the head I already had was the best performer for me, but I needed a shaft change. He was sort of shocked when I told him to go ahead and build the shaft considering our earlier conversation about not looking to buy.

A while ago I went through a fitting with GolfTec that made me feel uncomfortable. It seemed to be all about purchasing new clubs and very pushy about it. By the time I got out of there, they had me down needing $4500 in gear, and a $6k package for lessons and practice. And they were very stand offish when I told them no thanks.

Some of you guys are making me feel VERY lucky to be near the locations I am.

Would be interested to hear how it turns out as this is probably the closest CC to me.

There is a Club Champion in Hackensack, NJ on Rt.17. I went there a couple of years ago, and I did 2 sessions. One for woods and hybrids, and a day or so later for the irons. My fitter was very thorough, helped me out especially on my woods! I will try to go again during this 1/2 price fitting!

There is a Club Champion in Hackensack, NJ on Rt.17. I went there a couple of years ago, and I did 2 sessions. One for woods and hybrids, and a day or so later for the irons. My fitter was very thorough, helped me out especially on my woods! I will try to go again during this 1/2 price fitting!

Thanks for the information about the NJ location.

hitting the one in Willowbrook IL next Saturday. any of my fellow THPers been there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the location I went to at the beginning of this year before the Morgan Cup (1/2 price full bag fitting deal last winter) and my experience was also fantastic. Told them the story of why I was there and what I was looking to get out of the fitting (had to be Cobra offerings, shafts available to us in the MC, etc.) and they had no issues with that. Fitter was very knowledgable and did a thorough fitting for all parts of the bag (driver/FW/irons/wedges). We took our time through the process and I never felt rushed. After the putter fitting he made the suggested loft/lie changes to my putter on the house. He also offered to check L/L/L for me when I received my Morgan Cup clubs (never took him up on that offer though). For $175 it was an absolutely incredible value.

That's the location I went to at the beginning of this year before the Morgan Cup (1/2 price full bag fitting deal last winter) and my experience was also fantastic. Told them the story of why I was there and what I was looking to get out of the fitting (had to be Cobra offerings, shafts available to us in the MC, etc.) and they had no issues with that. Fitter was very knowledgable and did a thorough fitting for all parts of the bag (driver/FW/irons/wedges). We took our time through the process and I never felt rushed. After the putter fitting he made the suggested loft/lie changes to my putter on the house. He also offered to check L/L/L for me when I received my Morgan Cup clubs (never took him up on that offer though). For $175 it was an absolutely incredible value.

Thanks for your comments.

1. Full Bag fitting will likely wear you out. If you can break up the fitting over 2 or more days I would recommend it, otherwise ensure that you are actually using all 4 hours for your fitting.

2. Clearly state budget and what your goals are. If you are willing to spend $5k, well they will find a combo at that price. Additionally, know what you are trying to get out of your fitting. Are you looking for more distance with your driver or are you looking for something that doesn't travel as far offline. Are you trying to hit a draw with your irons and so forth.

3. They know a lot of stuff. They actually are fitters, that said if they start going down a very strange path ask questions.

4. If you don't really feel satisfied, you can always consider a fit later down road using the fitting as a starting point.

For me, I think if I had done a better job with pacing it would of been better. The fact that they didn't have a lot of the equipment that was available for the Morgan Cup didn't really help. The putter fitting kinda scarred me for a bit with their recommendations. I still have some issues from that day, but it was an interesting experience. I will probably do a fitting again in the future, but I will probably hold off on going down the boutique route for a bit especially I generally know what I like now.

hitting the one in Willowbrook IL next Saturday. any of my fellow THPers been there?

All of our CC videos have been shot there.

For those that had gotten fit and didn't like the outcome, you can bring the clubs back for adjustment or changes I think no charge. Was this ever attempted?

I got iron fit last year on the special, my fitter was great, asked my price point and what I wanted to get out of a new set of irons. Tried options I was interested in and I also told him I wanted to hit some heads I hadn't considered and wanted a blind attempt meaning don't tell me the head, going straight off feel and numbers. Took nearly 2 hours. Hit I think 6 different heads and 3-4 shafts.

Now yes I ended up spending close to $1900 but I have no regrets and enjoy my new irons a lot.

Considering a putter fitting with them right now if anyone can add some color to that. Not sure what to expect, my putting sucks at moment.

looks like i got some videos to rewatch!!!!

If you are concerned, ask if Brad S is available for fitting and tell him you are a THPer.

For those that had gotten fit and didn't like the outcome, you can bring the clubs back for adjustment or changes I think no charge. Was this ever attempted?
That is true. CC will do everything they can to make the clubs right including complete rebuilds and if needed switching you to different clubs. They stand behind their method. Now if you order through CC, but have the OEM build them instead of CC, they are much less flexible.

I’ve got a fitting scheduled for the end of December. Has anyone gone through a fitting and not had the results translate to the course? If so were you able to go back and get the results you wanted on the course?

I’ve got a fitting scheduled for the end of December. Has anyone gone through a fitting and not had the results translate to the course? If so were you able to go back and get the results you wanted on the course?
Look 2 posts up.

Look 2 posts up.

I read that. I’m a little gun shy with fittings and the closest club champion is two hours away so I don’t really want to waste my time if there’s a possibility that I won’t get a good fit. I’m also curious since golf will be really limited until March how long they will stand behind the fitting

I read that. I’m a little gun shy with fittings and the closest club champion is two hours away so I don’t really want to waste my time if there’s a possibility that I won’t get a good fit. I’m also curious since golf will be really limited until March how long they will stand behind the fitting
From their website:

Our custom fitted clubs will outperform
any you’ve ever owned

We have perfected a process of using technology to custom fit and build clubs that will perform better than any you’ve ever owned. When a Club Champion fitting says you'll add 15 yards it's not an empty promise. If your clubs don't deliver the results you saw in the hitting bay (within 90 days), we encourage you to come back so we can make it right by fixing or replacing your clubs.
Our perfect fit guarantee also includes free loft and lie adjustments and a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defect

Good stuff here guys. I've been wanting to do a driver fitting and finally scheduled one for Nov 23rd. Looking forward to it and I'll share my thoughts soon.

Good stuff here guys. I've been wanting to do a driver fitting and finally scheduled one for Nov 23rd. Looking forward to it and I'll share my thoughts soon.

I'm probably not going to have a fitting done till sometime in December, so would be very interested on hearing how things went for you. :)

Back