Your Club Choice?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a blast with 24 THPers last time we held an event here. Not many landed the green, but the fun and swag were incredible.

If this was playing 161 with not much wind and the pin fairly close to the middle, what club are you hitting from your bag?

D84DC6CE-1949-41A5-AB56-1CF755CD5AD4.jpeg

Aim off the left tree and clatter a 7 iron then cross my fingers, toes and pucker and squint for safety.

9 iron.

8 iron and pray

That’s a smooth 7

7i for me. They to pretend there's no water....and pray

6 and hope for back bunker to stop.

I'd want the highest-lofted club with which I thought I could go the distance, then pray the brakes worked :ROFLMAO: That would probably be my 6i. (I was pretty reliably hitting my 7i 140 yards at my best, last season.)

A smooth, semi-puckered 7 iron

Normally an 8 iron to 160-165. But due to the home itself I’d probably hit a smooth 7

Normally an 8 iron to 160-165. But due to the home itself I’d probably hit a smooth 7
This is pushing an 8 iron for me but I was thinking the loft to land it and not have it roll off the back. Maybe try to kind of smooth a 7 iron and hit it high might be a better idea.

7 iron right towards the middle. Two putt and move on. Easy to play from my couch.

6 iron, aim at the far right tree to play my newly found draw and then watch the ball fade into the water

8 iron if playing the distance. Wouldn't go long and should be plenty to carry front if not solid strike. Left/right is up to the gods.

6i and hope I hit it well.

A full 9i for me.

either a choked down 3/4 8iron, or a stock 9iron. It would depend on the wind.

Depends on how much room In front. Might try and hit massive 6i. If not an easy 26* hybrid.

I'd hit my 3 wood if I didn't have a mental block with her. But, driver is too much. So, maybe get to know the staff and see if theyll put it closer lol

Smooth 7i to leave a margin of error for the inevitable less than stellar contact.

Back