Your Club Choice?

8i for me. A good shot is 165-170 and 7i is where my control seems to break down a bit.

7i and hope it went straight. It's not really a hard swing with it only being 161 but I would rather get a good soft swing in rather than try to hit it max distance.

Probably a 7 iron while trying to keep the apex high for minimal rollout.

Depends how I’m hitting it that day - either a 7i or 8i. Most likely taking the 7i for safety.

8i with no wind. Hopefully my irons are flying well that day but I’d feel confident with an 8 from 160.

Would normally be a 9 but would probably grab an 8 to be safe

7 or an 8, probably the 7 unless the wind was suggesting a tailwind. It's a bit of a tweener yardage for me (8i is around 150-155, 7i is 160-165) but I'd want to make sure I got it there. Then just hope I didn't gas it too much lol

Standard 8-iron for me. Looks like a fun hole, very large green. Doesn't make an island green much less daunting at all but it does seem to offer a good yardage variance from front to back.

7i

6H (30 degrees) and aim straight at it. My 7i is about 153 carry.

Assuming no outside factors. I am hitting a 9. I could hit a wedge but being surrounded by water I would rather be a little long so I am going to hit a 9.

6H (30 degrees) and aim straight at it. My 7i is about 153 carry.
I'm in that boat with my 7i being 150 carry struck well. I'd probably nail my 6i on the screws, hit the middle of the green, leaving a ball mark close to the pin, and get wet off the back......

6 iron for me.

I've never played that hole but it looks to be a pretty stock 7 iron at 161 yards on a calm day. My irons are usually a half club longer whenever I play in Boise. I think Cour d'alene is a little lower elevation than Boise but still has to be well over 2000'. Per Garmin Golf my stock 7 iron at home is 155. Middle pin I'd line up at right edge of that spruce to the right of the back bunker. Looks like a ton of safety if I hit the rare block or fade. Going directly at it means that risky left edge might bite me if I hit my much more frequent pull or draw.

8 iron with a smooth swing.

I could probably get it there with a 6i, but might use a 5i instead to be safe.

9 and a prayer!

that should be a 7i for me. I missed it when I was there. I need to go back and get revenge.

Current clubs I would hit an 8i

last set would be a 7i

Choke down about 1/2 a finger on a 6, don’t want it short.

Back