Your Club Choice?

8 or 7 depending on how I'm swinging the club that day. If it's 161 center, the green looks fairly large so carry looks about 140ish.

If there's no wind 161 should be a perfect 8 iron for me. I should have a little wiggle room if I mishit it or pipe it.

8 iron for that distance and no wind, though I would potentially consider taking some off a 7 iron.

I'd hit my 3 wood if I didn't have a mental block with her. But, driver is too much. So, maybe get to know the staff and see if theyll put it closer lol
I like your thinking!!!

I can’t remember what I hit when I played but right now I would hit an 8 iron.

Hit an 8 and hope I’m not hitting short that day.

If the middle of the green is 161yds, it looks like the green is a decent size, so I would probably be hitting 8i as that would cover the water, and even a longer than normal shot would still not be going over the back

9 iron will work

I’m going smooth 6 irons, and hoping my normal block to the right doesn’t make an appearance

9 iron.
Under pressure I get a little tuggy and miss long left more than anything else so being half a club shorter suits me in this situation

When I played there in 2017 ( took customers for work) it was in October a few weeks before they closed for the season. It was 42° and they had that green at 195 to pin and we had a 20+ mph wind in the face off the lake.

Cmon

Depends on the set I'm playing - if I'm playing a distance-focused set it's smack on my 7i distance. If I'm playing a more players design/loft setup I might hit a 6 and hope for the best.

8 Iron for me............maybe a sawzall 7

I'm going to be confident and say I can get my 8 iron there with a good smooth swing.

Edit: Didn't even think about elevation changes from here.... 8 iron should def be enough then. Just have to be confident.

Should be a 6 hybrid for me.

Middle of the green being 161 is probably 8 iron. Mishit it a bit and it's still dry. No matter where that pin is, it is probably a 160 shot.

Confident 8i, somehow chunk it and go 30 yards short. Normally, that would be an easy distance for an 8i though, just get the willies over water.

I would probably hit a light 7i. If there was a tailwind I’d hit an 8i

Right now I am probably hitting a 7I. When I was there I think there was some breeze and I hit a hybrid in the bunker front right. Thankfully my partner @Wildcat4life put what was probably an 8I on the green in the shamble format.

6i and head to the drop zone. This is exactly where I have the gap in my bag. If all goes well, in about two weeks, it would be an easy 5h.

Full 8

Back