Your Club Choice?

Right now I am probably hitting a 7I. When I was there I think there was some breeze and I hit a hybrid in the bunker front right. Thankfully my partner @Wildcat4life put what was probably an 8I on the green in the shamble format.

It was a 9 iron and I would do it again. ;););)

That was a great weekend. You were a great partner.

I've played this hole many times. I always club up one longer and play for middle to back of the green.
That way if I flush it too much, the bunker catches the ball and I can still get up and down for par.
At 161 yds and no wind, I would choke 1/2 inch down on my 6 iron and make a good full swing on it.
I love that hole.

7 iron all day. If I catch the elusive center of the face, it'll be a little long and if I miss it a little, it'll still be long enough to get it on the green.

It was a 9 iron and I would do it again. ;););)

That was a great weekend. You were a great partner.

9I.... good lord. Did I ever send you this photo from that weekend?

1627314086360.png

Think the forecaddy took it on Saturday. Glad we have legitimate evidence of you carrying me all weekend.

Nice easy 6 iron. If I try & full nuke a 7, I'll end up hitting it fat & right in the drink :eek:

Full 9 to the very heart of the green. I'll take 2 long putts on that one.

Soft knockdown 7, can go a little long but not short!

161 probably a 7 iron. Too much of an opportunity for me to blade a 6 and go over it.

That's 7i distance for me, however, I'd hit a smooth 6i there.

6i and aim for the middle.

If I can only have one bucket list course, it's this one ... and almost entirely because of this hole.

Choked down 7 if there is a little wind. If no wind, full 8 iron.

Depending on the wind 6 or a easy 5.

Stock 9 iron aimed a few yards right of the pin and trying to draw it back to it.

5 iron. Take dead aim.

no wind its a stock 8i swing.

4h, which I usually stick the greens at 160, until tequila4kapp mentioned that this green isn't particularly receptive. A 5i should leave me below the hole even if I get more than a hop.

Nice smooth 7 from my current set.

7 iron right at her.

Full 7 iron for me

That would be a choked down 7 iron

would love those conditions and that number at that hole...and would go with 8i

My normal carry with my ZX7 8 iron carry is 158 yards so 161 is a great yardage.

I don't hit it as long as many of you, which presents a challenge on this shot. I am accurate. So, I'm going with a high cut with a 5 iron. I'm looking to feather it right to left into the center of the green. Gives the most margin for error. My sand play is exceptional, so I'm not afraid of the bunker if it goes long or doesn't fade and finds the bunker right.

I’d grab my 6 iron and aim about where those two fellas are standing. If it hit it well my natural fade should bring it about back to center and let it roll into that bunker. If I don’t get quite a pure strike, it would hopefully still have enough on it to make the green. The most likely scenario is that, regardless what club I pick, I’d top it or chunk it right into the water.

Back