Your Current Wedges

PW, GW, and SW (+1*) are Radspeed OL. Still waiting on my OL Snakebite I ordered on release day in March- 56 versatile (-1*) So still currently using my MD4 56*

View attachment 9012088

Whichever matches the set in playing that day. Shafted the same as my irons except for the Vokey which is a roamer with S200 .

View attachment 9012089

Recently swapped out a 54 12D for the the 54/10S and have been loving it. Better transition, great on full shots and near greenside square.

View attachment 9012090

Also recently put a 58/08M back in. Love the versatility in the conditions here. Whatever the 54/10S can't do, this one can. I've always liked it out of the sand, and I like it low on the face opened up.
Since you stated it I am curious how you chose your shaft for your wedges? I have a slightly heavier wedge shaft in my 54 and 60. I have 115 dynamic golds in my wedges and r300 105 in my irons. My AW is a set iron and plays the same as the rest of my irons. I am contemplating the pros and cons of switching my wedges to this set up. I don't hit full shots with them but definitely feel the weight difference. Not sure if my consistency would be better if all my shafts were the same.

48° CBX2, 54° and 58° PM Grind.

I played the 56° and 60° CBX2 wedges for a while too, until my wedge game got stale. Me, not the clubs of course. But switching back to the PM Grinds straightened me out. I'll likely switch back when/if things get stale again. Ok... "when."

I also have a set of Fourteen RM-22J wedges in 46°, 52°, and 58°. Absolutely love them save for one big qualifier (carded my PB with them in the bag). But, likely because they have a bit of offset, I HATE the 58° out of the sand. Pure crapshoot for me with that thang.

I also have a set of the standard RM-22 wedges but I never got along with them. Pretty unforgiving, IMO.

I will put the 46° RM-22J back in the bag from time to time, as recently as last week. Still love it but the CBX2 is superior while chipping as the RM-22J's leading edge can get a bit grabby.

Since you stated it I am curious how you chose your shaft for your wedges? I have a slightly heavier wedge shaft in my 54 and 60. I have 115 dynamic golds in my wedges and r300 105 in my irons. My AW is a set iron and plays the same as the rest of my irons. I am contemplating the pros and cons of switching my wedges to this set up. I don't hit full shots with them but definitely feel the weight difference. Not sure if my consistency would be better if all my shafts were the same.

I shaft my gap wedges the same as my irons because they're 99% full shot clubs for me. After that the shot making variety grows, and I have S200's in just about all of my specialties right now. It's just the best fit for me based on a ton of experimentation. I play 115-120g shafts in almost all of my irons sets. I like to go a little heavier than that after the AW. Works best for tempo, feel, and dispersion for me. S400 crosses a too heavy line, works against me on full(er) shots. X100 feels a little too different from what I play, and I don't like soft stepping wedges anymore really. S200 at 127g and smooth feel just works for me. And it translates well across my iron sets. That's why the gap wedge that doesn't have a set home has it in it too.

I know guys that have their shafts the same all the way through. Most of them are at or just below your iron shaft weight, or X100-ish guys. I played KBS 120S all the way through for a bit. Soft stepped them in the specialties though. It's tough. Individual. You might have better consistency with them all the same. You might be benefiting from the little extra weight since you aren't taking full shots with them. Only way I know to really know is to try. And once I start questioning, I pretty have to. lol.

What's in your pros and cons lists so far?

Last edited:
Vokey SM8 56° and 60°. I’m a big fan of the grinds, a couple of the lowest bounce options out there.

Cleveland CBX2 46, 50, and 56. Love them and will add the 60 soon.

I've got Cobra MIMs in 52, 56 and 60. They've improved my wedge game enormously since I got them, with more confidence in distance control and contact.

When the FedEx truck arrives, I've got Cobra Snakebites in 50, 55 (bent from 54) and 60 arriving. Should just tighten the gapping up a little, and I'm beside excited for them to arrive.

Apex Pro AW bent 1* strong, 54* Jaws MD5 8C, and 58* PM Grind.

Currently got RTX4 50/54/58 in the bag - moved to those from the RTX-2

I preferred the feel of the RTX4 over the other wedges I tried when I changed my bag, and will likely be looking at the ZipCore wedges soon to replace the existing ones

RTX 4 Raw 50 mid, 56 mid and 60 full.
Got tour issue s400 is them all and I couldn't be happier. The feel, the spin, turf interaction is all what I want out of a wedge.

Cobra Snakebite Wedges.

I am liking them so far. Came over from Vokey and have seen really good performance from these wedges. I really like the full face grooves going all the way down to the 56* because that is what I use as a lob wedge.

RTX3 CB 50* and MB 54* and 60*. They just work, I like the feel and they do what I ask. The 50* is more of a full swing gapping club (I have the same shaft as my irons in it) and the 54*/60* are mostly utility although occasionally get full swings.

Have another brand new 54/60 queued up for when these are too worn, as I don't want to deal with finding a new model!

View attachment 9012088

Whichever matches the set in playing that day. Shafted the same as my irons except for the Vokey which is a roamer with S200 .

View attachment 9012089

Recently swapped out a 54 12D for the the 54/10S and have been loving it. Better transition, great on full shots and near greenside square.

View attachment 9012090

Also recently put a 58/08M back in. Love the versatility in the conditions here. Whatever the 54/10S can't do, this one can. I've always liked it out of the sand, and I like it low on the face opened up.
I play the 54 / 12D and 58 /8M also. What about the 12D didnt you like that you opted for the 10S?? I went with the 12* so I can have a nice mix of a higher bounce there and lower bounce for my lob wedge. Out of my 50 , 54 , and 58 I would say the 54 has probably been the only one I sometimes question. When I do want to use it for a longer approach I find I often end up disappointed. Around the green it works just fine for me

and I agree the 58 / 8M is absolutely amazing. Love everything about it and it can be played from every lie..... my very first time using it last September I chipped in from the sand. Its had a permanent home in my bag ever since

Titleist - AP1, 43 Pitching & 48 Gap wedge match my irons.
Titleist Vokey - SM8 52.08F & 56.10S.
All have Golf Pride MCC grips.

Currently playing the Kirkland signature wedge set and I'll say now that I've played with them it's sure nice to have something that goes like 70, 50 and 35 yards when I get kind of close. The danger is still missing a good hit and it goes shooting forward twice that distance rather than up.

Currently paying Edel SMS wedges and they’re pretty amazing. Watched some video with some Canadian guy in it about them and I took the leap.

00D6AE04-ED52-4711-97BD-92DE0855006B.jpeg

Hogan Equalizers 50/54/58 I really like the feel of the face, they spin plenty, they work.

A CBX2 52* and an RTX4 58*

I like the CBX2 more than the RTX4. It's easier to hit.

I play the 54 / 12D and 58 /8M also. What about the 12D didnt you like that you opted for the 10S?? I went with the 12* so I can have a nice mix of a higher bounce there and lower bounce for my lob wedge. Out of my 50 , 54 , and 58 I would say the 54 has probably been the only one I sometimes question. When I do want to use it for a longer approach I find I often end up disappointed. Around the green it works just fine for me

and I agree the 58 / 8M is absolutely amazing. Love everything about it and it can be played from every lie..... my very first time using it last September I chipped in from the sand. Its had a permanent home in my bag ever since
Too much spin on full shots with the 12D. That's the only thing. It's just a bad fit into some greens here with the balls I'm playing right now.

I play Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50*, RTX-3 MB 54*, and Zipcore 58*.

Honestly really locked into the Zipcore. The RTX-3 are good, but not great and I'd love to add full Zipcore when I replace my current wedges. The Zipcore is versatile, feels great, and is a weapon in my hands.

Mizzy HM919 GW (50 degree), used for everything but the sand.
TM RSi Forged 56 degree for the sand.

Back