Your Current Wedges

Vokey SM8s

Honestly, I got them because they were available in Raw and in the lofts I needed. 54/58 degrees in a raw finish for lefties, are very difficult to find.

Bridgestone Tour B XW 1 in the gap and sand, Callaway PM for the lob. I'm not all in on the PM grind, not yet anyway. I just have a much easier time getting good contact regardless of condition with the Bridgestones, and I find the feel much nicer on them as well.

I have 3 wedges that I rotate in and out.
RTX ZipCore 62 degree
Mizuno ES21 56 degre
Callaway PM Grind 19 60 degree

Game set consists of:
- Set Pitching Wedge (G410)
- Gap: SM8 50/12F
- Sand: Glide 3.0 54/12
- Lob: Not yet part of my game, but an Inesis 500 60/10 is on it’s way… curios to see whether it will work for me.
On the bench sits a Zipcore 56 I won at a raffle. However, it does not match my yardage gapping and does not perform any better than my Glide (at least for me).

Callaway X-Forged circa 2009/2010.
54/14 for Sand
58/10 C-grind as my lob with Mack Daddy grooves.
I wish they were both Mack Daddy.

I love the way they look and they work like a charm when I do my job.

Apex 19 PW
Jaws MD5 gray 50,54,58. Seems like I use the 58 more and 54 less. Really love the 58.

Apex CF19 AW and PW. I switched last fall to Ping Glide 3.0 52/58 from SM7s for added forgiveness.

got complemented on the Bridgestones XW-1s by a player on Mackenzie Tour (PGA Tour Canada) so I will stick to these... he played them until Mizuno picked him up and now he is all about the ES

Currently Vokey SM7s 50, 54, 56. I have an SM8 Slate Blue in a cart and getting close to pulling the trigger...

ZX7 PW (46)
CBX2 (50) - will be replaced by ZX7 AW (51)
Fourteen RM-4 56S and 60H

The last ones are recent additions but currently part of a hot honeymoon threesome.

Attachments

• 56S - 5.jpeg
    56S - 5.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 56S - 4.jpeg
    56S - 4.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 12
Jaws MD5 54S/60X. Been hooked on Callaway wedges since playing in the GD and these things spin pretty good! I've been toying with the idea of the Edel SMS or possibly another newer offering where I can get the full face grooves on at least the lob wedge. Also pondering going back to 54/58.

Set PW (King OS) - 45°
CBX2 - 46°
CBX - 50°
RTX-4 - 56°
Somehow, the set PW and 46° gap. Something to do with the "hot" face of the set PW I suppose. Mostly use the 46° degree CBX2 for less than full swings further out and the stock PW for full swings.

Vokey SM8s as they match nicely with the Titleist irons I bought last year. I had the RTX4 wedges with my Cleveland irons, and they are great wedges as well. I hear the Zipcore wedges from Cleveland are pretty sweet also - you should check them out @Canadan:ROFLMAO:

Still rocking the Bridgestones. I'm sue for an upgrade. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

PW and GW (48*) are set wedges (Titleist T200). SW is a 52* RTX Zipcore bent to 53* and LW is a 58* CBX Full Face.

Rotating between 50/54/58 Hogan equalizers with the 610 shaft or the Cobra MiMs in the same setup.

Callaway Jaws MD5's, best wedge for my game.

I have been playing Zip Core Tour Rack in 50-54-58, but last week swapped in a ZX7 AW that is going to stay in for a couple weeks.

Vokey SM8's... love their bounce and grind options.

48-52-56 degrees. They work well for me for various distances, and lies.

Good for flopping.

Use to carry a 60, but took it out to make room for a 2i Ironwood

RTX4's. Got them I think end of 2019 and I have played like 10 total rounds or something in 2020. Definitely not locked in at the moment haha, but they are solid for me.

I have a Srixon 545 PW at 45*, a 545 AW at 50*, and Cleveland CBX full face 56* and 60* bent to 54* and 58* respectively. I love my wedges!!!!

Last edited:
Right now I have....

50* SM7
54* CBX
60* SM7

I like the gap coverage with these from 110 yds and in.
But it's that time of year to start looking to replace them.
I usually replace my wedges on a 2 year cycle.

I am going to try some Snakebite wedges tomorrow.

50* classic
56* versatile
60* low wide

I have SM7 48,54,60. I used to use Callaway but these just feel soooooo much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back