Your Current Wedges

in SM7s right now. I feel like I need new ones.

Ping Tour Gorge 47º SS and 56º WS | Fujikura Pro 95i Stiff

MD5 56. Looks good, feels ok, nice sole, very versatile. Spins same as everything else.

PM Grind 60. Will never leave home without it. Game changing from the rough and bunkers for me. So easy to lay it wide open and pop the ball out of bad places.

I’ve had PM in since last year. I was a copper Ping EYE2 player for years. I’m back home with the PM. Low spinny knee high fast balls that rip.

52* - Mizuno T-11 with Recoil 110 F4 shaft. - I just hit this one so consistent, and it feels amazing.

56* - TaylorMade MilledGrind with TrueTemper DG S200 shaft. - Probably my least favourite club in my bag. Not that I don't like it, but just not one I pull often.

60* - TaylorMade Hi-Toe with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 shaft. - Second most used club in my bag. Had it bent 2* upright last year and very happy with it! Grooves are getting worn though so it'll be time to think about a replacement for next year at the latest.

I really want to try the new full face RTX ZipCore wedges, so when it comes time...

I’ve had PM in since last year. I was a copper Ping EYE2 player for years. I’m back home with the PM. Low spinny knee high fast balls that rip.

Yeah, there's pretty much no shot I can't hit with the PM Grind...except a full shot lol.

Cleveland CBX2 black satin 48*, 52* & CBX Full Face 56*.

Vokey SM8s in 48-54-60. The 60D is my favorite club and used for a ton of shots. I like the feel of the Vokeys and was fit for them as I was lucky enough to be selected for the Titleist Vokey experience. I have had great success and see no need to change anything out.

Yururi Gekku 51° and 55°
SM8 59°

Love the look and feel of the YGs. I blasted and brushed, then black oxide finished both of them into a great raw black look. I emphasized the already worn leading edge for even more fun.

The SM8 is just there because its there. haha

54* and 58* Cally PM Grind 2.0 in Tour Gray. Came from Vokey SM7's.
Great for my game.
Still trying to settle on a 50*, currently trying a CBX2 black with the stock graphite, which I think is too light.
Alternating that with the set GW w/ Aerotech SF 95 (r). My problem currently is 95% technique, though.

Tried out my new Cleveland Zipcore wedges at the short game area last night, unreal the difference in spin wedges are supposed to have vs. the almost 20 year old Maxfli Revolution PW and SW I'd had. Have never used brand new wedges before.

Will be interesting to try them on the course and see the sort of difference they can make. Was finding I was leaving a lot of shots short of the pin they checked up so quickly. On the flip side I might struggle to play a proper pitch and run now. :unsure:

Might be perfect.

91AD690A-53C7-4288-BC9F-19BC8CE1E600.jpeg

Ben Hogan Equalizer 50°-54°-58° Been in the bag over 2 years now. Great feel, v-sole is amazing, and black DBM finish still looks new! I’m going to try the Cleveland CBX2 wedges to add more forgiveness.

Retired the SM8’s last week and went with the new Hi-Toe’s. Mixed feeling so far bc I hate the Hi-Rev shaft so much, especially at 115g. I ordered some KBS $-Taper 125’s to put in there but instead they’ll be going in to these……FD1C199E-27CA-4CBA-ADE4-E6B3240BE419.jpeg5F76BE9A-6D2A-4CF6-8EAF-927DB7CC5E6C.jpeg1C50B31B-B5DB-4AF6-94A8-E4E34C0DA9BE.jpeg21D363F3-2885-4093-B6EB-F8485AA09562.jpeg5C8BCBFA-7416-4D63-A9D2-2F651AE8C2CD.jpeg73E04CBA-DE40-493E-A428-F6FEE4DA489F.jpeg

After a 2.5 hr fitting on grass, bunker, green side, and up to 90 yard distances, a 50, 55, 59 in Artisan in Nippon 105, Raw and Blasted, C type grind, one beveled leading, one not beveled, and the 50 is the 50.

Now I must wait about 5-6 more weeks. Order sheet if interested.

Similar to below but without sheen.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.52.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.55.57 AM.png

Attachments

• IMG_7805.jpeg
    IMG_7805.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
After some real losses in confidence (the "s" word came into play this year big-time) I put my old faithful SM4 55.10 M and 60.07S back in the bag yesterday and felt for the first time that I could do well from any lie.

I think it is mostly confidence and some alignment issues pointed out from a recent lesson, but I've been struggling with near new condition SM4's 54.11M and 58.09S that on paper would be great as newer groove additions and have my alternate SM6 54.08M and 58.08M. In fact, I realized that my wedge play never was nearly as confident since I moved from the SM4 55 ( bent from 56) and 60 over a couple of seasons ago. If putting the old faithfuls back in the bag temporarily is a confidence placebo I'll take it! I actually ENJOYED missing greens yesterday or having layups to have fun with wedge shots. That's been a while!

But: After a fitting with a Ping rep in May I've got G425 irons and Glide 3.0 wedges 54 SS (bent to 53) and 58 SS on order and arriving hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks. Quite the sole changes from my current Miura PP9003's and the above wedges, and I'm more of a sweeper, so I do expect a bit of transition. However many forum posters have said that they are sweepers like me and love the Glide SS wedges. Fingers and toes crossed.

Last edited:
After some real losses in confidence (the "s" word came into play this year big-time) I put my old faithful SM4 55.10 M and 60.07S back in the back yesterday and felt for the first time that I could do well from any lie.

I think it is mostly confidence and some alignment issues from a recent lesson, but I've been struggling with near new condition SM4's 54.11M and 58.09S that on paper would be great newer groove additions and with my alternate SM6 54.08M and 58.08M. In fact, I realized that my wedge play never was confident since I moved from the SM4 55
( bent from 56) and 60 over a couple of seasons ago. If putting the old faithfuls back in the bag temporarily is a confidence placebo I'll take it! I actually ENJOYED missing greens yesterday or having layups to have fun with wedge shots. That's been a while!

But: After a fitting with a Ping rep in may I've got G425 irons and Glide 3.0 wedges 54 SS (bent to 53) and 58 SS on order and arriving hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks. Quite the sole changes from my current Miura PP9003's and the above wedges, so I do expect a bit of transition. However many forum posters have said that they are sweepers like me and love the Glide SS wedges. Fingers and toes crossed.

I liked the Glide 2.0 Stealth. Good luck.

Last edited:
What are you currently playing?

What is it about those wedges that has you locked in?
Cleveland CBX. Never felt more confident with a wedge as I do these. I mishit these a lot less than I would a traditional wedge. I'm sure the CBX 2 is more of the same, but given how little I play golf, there isn't a point in me upgrading.

PM Grind 2 56* and 60*. So much versatility and I am actually able to put some spin on the ball.

Ping Glide 3, 54 degree and 58 degree. I was struggling with wedges and needed a bit more forgiveness. They have been a big improvement for me.
They aren't in your signature. Did you change since the June 8 post or is the sig just out of date?

They aren't in your signature. Did you change since the June 8 post or is the sig just out of date?
My Sig is old. I've been playing the Ping wedges since early June...love them.

Back