Your Distance Measuring Device?

Golf specific watch: the Shot Scope.

Phone GPS.

I might eventually get a laser because they seem to be more accurate based on internet posts over the last couple of years. But precision is less of an issue for a player like me with the wide range of distances I might get with each club. And aiming for the center of the green - which is what GPS gives - is probably a better target for approaches of over 80 yards.

Laser, when I don’t have access to either cart-based gps or @golfinnut ‘s sky caddie

Bushnell Tour V4 Slope Edition Rangefinder. Rarely use the slope function, though.

golf carts at the course have touch screen GPS units to measure to any spot on the hole, but I still use a laser and a GPS watch.
Shot Scope and I love it. I was using Swing U app but saw improvement in short game when I changed to Shot Scope laser and now have real distance accuracy.

Only use Shotscope V3, really good from my experience with regard to accuracy of yardage.
I think British greens are much smaller than US ones and they generally follow a set pin placement pattern so you know yardage from the front middle and back distances given by shotscope.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I use Arccos on iPhone and Apple Watch(when it decides it will sync up) in addition to using Caddytek Laser. I use the maps on Arccos quite often to see distances to hazards on holes when playing a new course.

Just received a Garmin S62 a few days ago. Only have 2 rounds into it. Once I hit 5, it will start recommending clubs, but so far I love it. It replaces a 10 year old Bushnell. I still use my Precision Pro NX7 along with the watch to get exact distances without moving the flag location on the watch.

Reactions: MH
I laser the flag and wear garmin Fenix for general front middle back and hole distances

Voice Caddy SL1 and usually the Grint on my phone. If I'm not wearing polarized sunglasses, I'll use the GPS on the SL1 for front/middle/back yardages.

Laser and Garmin app on my watch. It’s good but I still like the laser as well. Both have their place.

I really don’t need pinpoint exactness, so.....I have been extremely happy with my little Bushnell Phantom device that gives me front, middle and back of the green yardages. It finds the course I’m on - and I’m ready to go. It has a strong magnet on the back that lets me attach it to the post of the golf cart. The only thing is - you gotta remember to grab it before you return the cart!

Laser (Bushnell tour v5 shift)
Shotscope v3 gps tracking watch
If I play a new course I take my old Garmin hand held for course maps.

Shot Scope V3. I like it a lot. I don't like that I'm not hitting the ball as far as my ego thought I was. Reality sucks. I would like for the watch to be able to tell me the distance to spots on fairway besides front, middle, and back of the green and hazards... like dog legs.

GPS and laser. Oddly, the groups in play in are similarly equipped. Laser are usually within a yard of each other watches can be as much a 9 yards apart and few if any match the sprinkler heads. Not that I need that precision but it is curious.

Laser that I purchased used from another THP'er, and ARCCOS on my phone. Seriously considering upgrading my laser though - seems it's taking a lot longer than it did to get a reading...

Back