Your Distance Measuring Device?

Just a laser currently. After following the Bellerive live update, GPS is on the top of my want list.

Bushnell V6 works flawlessly and I don’t feel I need anything else. I for one think green reading books, devices should not be allowed. Part of the hame is being able to read the green yourself.

Shotscope is my primary method, and Laser when I'm trying to get a more precise distance to the pin.

Part of the hame is being able to read the green yourself.

I agree on reading the green. But let's say you get invited to a beautiful very exclusive golf course. You get no practice round, you want to play your best. From 175 out, something like a green slope function shown in our Live Update thread last week could be hugely beneficial, right?

I use my Garmin S62 watch as it gives me all distances that I could want, including doglegs and hazards etc, so I don't feel the need for a laser

I also have a lot of courses with blind shots around my area, so a laser would be useless in those situations

Older version of ShotScope.

Currently just a laser but love the idea of the combo you used at Bellerive nice to know roughly where you will end up in comparison to hazards and where layups will leave you.

I’ve always liked rangefinders but I score better with gps just going for middle of green. So I’m going back to gps. Voice caddie a2.

I've primarily used a rangefinder the past few years but I think I want to get back to a GPS watch. I'd still carry my rangefinder but I find myself playing more to the middle of the green and looking at front and back yardages to pick my club.

Garmin s62 and am a huge fan. Though seeing the green contour feature you guys were showing off on the Voice Caddie was a pretty awesome feature. That would help out a TON at courses I’ve never played before. So I’d say that’s the only thing I’m missing right now

Neo XS watch and Precision Pro NX7 Slope.

Mainly the cart GPS if avaliable.
Have a currently misplaced laser that gets some use.
The watch has me super intrigued, but I'm not a huge watch wearer day to day, and assume it would be pretty intrusive on a golf swing. 🤷‍♂️

Bushnell Ion watch.....but mostly I read the ground. The markers on the course. GPS is good when you are off the ranch so to speak. But mostly I'm in play up middle and the yardage markers are my main resource.

I have the Busnell Hybrid that has GPS built in as an added Feature. Laser with he Front middle and back distances in the viewfinder and also on the side. God to know the pin and also a range within seconds......

Rangefinder for courses I'm familiar with. GPS (golf shot) and laser for courses I don't know well. Fly over function is handy on G.S.

I use Arccos distances generally, but if I have a tight lie or something to the flag, I have a laser I will use. Generally, my game isn't so good and distances so precise that I need a laser. Generally "the green is thataway" and you have to hit it between front yardage and back yardage is sufficient for me!

Previously GolfShot GPS and laser, now I'm using Arccos and laser.

I use Arccos and occasionally break out my Upside rangefinder mainly for wedges into the green when I can actually fire at the pin. Use the Arccos or my wife's Garmin watch for front, back, middle numbers as well as numbers to end of fairways, hazards, etc. This weekend I played a course with very narrow fairways and a few tight OB's. The Arccos is very helpful determining a layup distance.

When playing, I seldom use any electronic devices. Very seldom. I just see my next shot, and pull the club I need.

However, I do own/carry a lazer, and a gps gizmo. Most of their use is during my practices routines, usually for carry yardages.

Great time for this thread to pop up. Currently only use laser but I am in the market for a gps watch and have it narrowed down to a couple

Voice Caddie G1 watch.

Garmin watch mostly. I also carry a laser but only use it a few times a round.

I recently switched to GPS watch (ShotScope V3) and it's been better than I thought. So much more effortless, of course it's giving a more general yardage not dependent on pin position (the Garmin is nice to see specific distances to areas on a hole) but this gives more than enough info. I used a rangefinder before and don't see myself going back for my weekend hacking.

I use a Bushnell laser rangefinder and a Garmin GPS watch. My home club also has touchscreen GPS in the carts.

Smartphone w/gps & tracking and laser. I have a non-apple smartwatch, but I don't wear a watch while playing. It bugs me. Dedicated gps devices have never made sense to me. If my phone will do it, I don't want another device. Don't feel like I'm missing much. GPS is first choice, then laser.

Back