Your Driver Shaft For 2022

I think I’m just gonna stick with the OEM shaft n my ST-Z. Fujikura Motore F3. It’s stable and stiff and it’s just kind of a workhorse. It’s not flashy but it gets the job done.

Evenflow Riptide 50 5.5 CB plays nicely with my swing.

The way I have been hitting the Kinetixx Velocity I could see that having some staying power. I really enjoyed it tonight. What was interesting, was that after playing around with a bunch of different shafts, I went to hit it today and my warmup swings were all about as well struck as can be.

Other shafts on my radar that I'd like to put in something:

UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Black
Project X HZRDUS Smoke RED

My driver speed dropped to 101-102 from 105 so I’m doing a retrofit tomorrow to see what will be a good fit. Whatever it is I’ll get from trusty eBay. If I had to guess, it will be a HZRDUS Smoke 60

Could stay with my Ventus Black 6X.

Have an RDX Red 6.5 coming in my Stealth Plus.

Can't seem to quit the idea of the Riptide LX 60TS in the Stealth Plus.

The Ventus TR has..

(That's ^ ManSparkle btw. Just needs a pony to ride ;))

I think I’m just gonna stick with the OEM shaft n my ST-Z. Fujikura Motore F3. It’s stable and stiff and it’s just kind of a workhorse. It’s not flashy but it gets the job done.

I played a number of sim rounds with the stock RadspeedXB F3 and totally agree its a solid shaft. Easy to swing and fun.

Could stay with my Ventus Black 6X.

Have an RDX Red 6.5 coming in my Stealth Plus.

Can't seem to quit the idea of the Riptide LX 60TS in the Stealth Plus.

The Ventus TR has..

(That's ^ ManSparkle btw. Just needs a pony to ride ;))

Man, I’m very curious about the RDX Red shaft. Looking forward to reading your feedback on it.

I have the lin-q gunmetal in my driver now. I imagine I will play it still in ‘22. I am going to test drive some drivers with stock shafts, but imagine this goes in one if I get a new driver.

not planning any change on my iron shafts with Catalyst 80. I think the 95 recoil would be better for me, but not swapping all of my iron shafts.

Last edited:
Tensei Blue -- best ever. just swing it and the whole thing just works.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Will likely stick with the ACCRA TZ6 55 when gaming the GS53 driver and Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black when gaming the GS53 Max driver. Who knows if I happen to get a new driver though.

Changed to a Mitsubishi MMT 60 stiff from a Fujikura Atmos Red stiff after my fitting. Needed something stouter and lower spin/launch/torque, but still light enough to create some speed. We'll see if it lasts the season but I really like it on initial results!

I'm in between the Tensei Pro 1K White 50g TX or HZRDUS Yellow 60g TX, two slightly different profiles that serve different purposes but I like them both fairly equally.

I am still playimg my old faithful Miyazaki Kusala Blue. Have played this for a few years... I would love to get fit for something at some point, but i really like the shaft so haven't made any effort to look into it. I really should though.

Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6S. Played a different one of the same for a month until I was hurt in August. Darned thing was near automatic for me.

When I played again in October, during my 1st round back, I snapped the shaft at the hosel. It came off when I was putting the headcover back on but I think I broke it by leaning on it too much while teeing up, still being compromised and all.

Took a while for the matching replacement to arrive, only played a couple rounds with it before shutting things down due to temps in order to protect my back.

Promising, though.

Tour AD-BB in a G20 head. I've used this combo for a while and it keeps to perform marvellously for me. I also really like the feel of the Tour AD shafts.

I played a number of sim rounds with the stock RadspeedXB F3 and totally agree its a solid shaft. Easy to swing and fun.
It is, but I’m losing Internet Golfer points by playing an OEM shaft. I actually feel like it plays a little stiff. I don’t mind since I’m a tweener and it probably fits me just right.

It is, but I’m losing Internet Golfer points by playing an OEM shaft. I actually feel like it plays a little stiff. I don’t mind since I’m a tweener and it probably fits me just right.

But gaining points for playing a shaft that fits you well.
Guess I’d say you could be all logical and get fit to see if anything can beat its performance.

Depends on which driver I use, it will either be a Lin-Q purple or Tensei CK blue.

Now if an RDX Blue becomes available, I may just need to tinker a little.

PX LZ HC in the PING
Tensei CK Blue in the Cobra

Don't see a lot of difference in the driver shafts I am using so for now will stick with the Xcaliber or the Motore factory shaft. They both work about the same. Hard to beat the Tensei blues as well. If my driver swing was worthwhile a shaft might be beneficial for tweaking.

Playing a Ping LST, which is the highest spinning of the low spin heads, although the most forgiving of those heads, the Ventus Blue works for me. Medium launch with low spin. Add the Titliest Left Dash and it’s my recipe for success. Highest low spinning head, coupled with a low spin shaft and ball and end up with a 2600 rpm with the driver. 108.5 mph swing speed with no shaft twisting, 12.5 degree launch for average of about 290 yards. Winner winner chicken dinner.

My driver was offered with no shaft options at all.
Just the one Mitsubishi prototype and that was it.
Fortunately, I've got no complaints with it.

I ssuppose that I could always try another shaft, but I don't know if the 300's adaptor is the same as the other TaylorMade driver adaptors.

After yesterdays driver fitting driving trying multiple shafts I will be sticking with my Kinetixx Velocity shaft. This shaft has really helped me get the driver under control. I get plenty of distance and the feel can’t be beat. I Love the launch I get with this shaft. Playing at 45 inches is also my sweet spot in the driver.

Why change the Graphite Design IZ 7 has worked for me for the past 4 years.

Back