Your Driver Shaft For 2022

Presently swinging a Miyazaki Tour Kalua 6S
Swap Out to try will be Miyazaki Kua 5R
I've been really loyal to Miyazaki shafts in both Irons/Woods. I just like the feel. I do have a couple of xtra clubs that have RECOIL F3 and like those too.

Fujikura Speeder VI will be bumped for some UST goodness from the Rivalry. Can’t wait!

Probably still going with my Ventus Blue this year again. I have a lot of confidence with this shaft so see no real reason to change

Bought a TS2 with an Evenflow White a little while back on eBay without ever hitting one. No sure what it is about it, but it just works for my swing. Haven’t really enjoyed any other shafts that I’ve tried. Still willing to try others, but I don’t necessarily foresee a change

Paderson Kinetixx Velocity

UST Mamiya Helium Black F4. @DannyLe fit me for it, and has been great since August. I flirted a little with a different shaft/head combo, but the only thing that tempts me now is the new Nanocore Helium model.

Before I broke my arm I was fit into the Ventus Blue Velocore shaft. I got a great deal on a Ventus Red Velocore shaft and used it for 3 rounds before winter came. Hit it pretty good and with a higher launch than the Blue. My comfortable swing speed had dropped a little over 10 mph.

My plan going forward is to use the Blue on windy days for a lower launch. And the Red on non windy days until my swing speed is back to normal.

Then see which shaft give me optimal numbers .

I actually am enjoying this RDX blue quite a bit. It loads but is super stable at impact. It’s a heck of a combo. I know @MattyD-MPLS is bombing it too.

I actually am enjoying this RDX blue quite a bit. It loads but is super stable at impact. It’s a heck of a combo. I know @MattyD-MPLS is bombing it too.

PVD Project X Shafts are the prettiest out there!

Ventus TR 6x

This weekend I took a step to ensure I would stick with my Motore F3. I took my previous driver shaft in to be swapped with my UW. Now I have no shafts in storage that I would want to go into my driver. The only thing I would change about my Fuji is the overall height I get. I think my combo is set more to optimize roll which had me thinking of making a change. Instead I’ll loft up to zero out the adjustments and see how that goes during the spring.

Currently have a Ventus Black 6s but looking for a Ventus Black 6x.

Seriously debating the Ventus Blue TR X though.

Whatever stock offering from Mizuno or Cobra fits their driver to the best numbers for me. If it is Cobra I'm likely to try my Motore F1 against it

The LinQ gunmetal was really solid in a Sim head for me, but unfortunately I had to give it to TaylorMade when the crown popped off. Never got around to picking up another used one but I'm keeping an eye out for one to try with the LTDx I pre-ordered. I ordered the LTDx with the Smoke Blue so will of course try that. I also want to try a Kinetixx Velocity at some point based on all the positive reviews here.

if I were to change shaft favorites - it would get expensive..

thumbnail_IMG_0668.jpg

Curious what happens if I follow through with a fitting. But the ust mamiya helium has laid a strong claim.
What were you fit into?

I’m curious to see myself really.

I’ll be starting the year with my Accra TZ6 55 and have no reason to change, very happy with its performance.

Currently have the smoke yellow in my tsi4 which has been working really well for me. Also have an Accra tz6 55 with a Titleist adapter that I will test in the spring when I get a lighter weight for the head. Is the rdx blue essentially the same profile as the smoke yellow?

Narrowed down to HZRDUS Yellow TX or 1K Pro White TX, hard to say because I like both for different reasons.

Love my PX Hzrdus hulk! I will be trying out the Tensei White TX 2.0 Proto coming up too.

Back