Your Driver Shaft For 2022

Happy with my Tensei Pro White 1K.

Just seems to keep my timing in a usable window and limits the amount of foul balls.

Same as the last 15 seasons… Graffaloy Blue Pro Launch!

Same as the last 15 seasons… Graffaloy Blue Pro Launch!

THAT shaft is probably one of the best shafts for the $$ ever sold. I have used that shaft in my K15 for many years before the B21 and Titleist TSi came into my home. Also have put that shaft and the Pro Launch Platinum in several heads for friends at my clubs to which I belong. I have a couple of PL Blue and Platinum I use to tinker around with new driver heads because the shafts have no faults and gives quick feed back. for a new price of $49 it is unbelievable. (y)(y)(y)

I took some swings with the RDX Red yesterday and was seriously impressed. Seemed to be a really good fit for me. Plan to do some more testing with it when I do my driver fitting.

Love to hear your experiences with the Smoke Green - I have yet to swing mine and am a bit intimidated but also excited.
I love the feel of it. I have a very aggressive transition with a swing speed of about 120, and it fits perfectly. I tried the Ventus Black for the Grandaddy and easily preferred the Smoke Green. I don’t think it’s boardy at all, and I played it as a gamer shaft in my TSi3 last year with pretty decent success (relatively speaking). I’m not someone who goes driver off the tee too frequently, so I wanted a shorter shaft for a more controlled swing, but the Rogue ST is so stable that I’m curious to see how it does with the Hulk!

I love the feel of it. I have a very aggressive transition with a swing speed of about 120, and it fits perfectly. I tried the Ventus Black for the Grandaddy and easily preferred the Smoke Green. I don’t think it’s boardy at all, and I played it as a gamer shaft in my TSi3 last year with pretty decent success (relatively speaking). I’m not someone who goes driver off the tee too frequently, so I wanted a shorter shaft for a more controlled swing, but the Rogue ST is so stable that I’m curious to see how it does with the Hulk!
Swing speed of 120! Well my best of 105 should be interesting with this S-flex Green :LOL:

Maybe some of those really into shafts in this thread can help me out. During a fitting I was seeing reliably faster clubhead speed and a better strike pattern with the UST Proforce V2 in the 70 gram class. I had thought that intuitively lighter meant faster. Any similar or have thoughts? It’s a bit of a mind bender right now.

This is a really interesting question for me. I got fitted into a stiff shaft in my irons albeit I was on the borderline between R/S. Stiff just felt better to swing.

Though I think for a longer shaft like driver a regular will be better and give me more release through the ball. I play regular in my Mizuno 3W (never been fitted for either Driver or 3W) and I really enjoy swinging the 40g MFusion shaft in that.

I will definitely get fitted for driver soon to give me some more insight so its a case of watch this space.

I am going back and forth between:
Tensei Pro 1K White 50g TX (46")
RDX Blue 60g X (46")
Smoke Green 70g X (44.5")
Smoke Yellow 60g TX (46")

Decisions decisions decisions…

I am likely either gaming a Graphite Design AD HD X flex or Ventus Blue TR Stiff, both in the 50 to 60 gram weight category. At this point in my golfing journey, I like a light shaft that still provides a good amount of stability and low spin. These are both new shafts to me, although I have played one round with the Graphite Design, as well as a session with my swing coach. The Ventus TR came out of nowhere, when trying the new Callaway drivers.
I am a big fan of Graphite Design and love the AD IZ lineup in my driver and woods.

Working on sorting driver out between Diamana D+ 50, Diamana DF 60 and Ventus Velocore Blue 5 shafts that I have in the basement and between my gamer Callaway Epic Max LS from last year and a new year pickup of a Ping G425 Max.

One head and one shaft stays and the rest goes.

Graphite Design Tour AD. D1 I

UST Mamiya Proforce V2 5F4

Changed a reg shaft to stiff in driver , with no logical reasoning other than maybe tighter dispersion and less odd errant slice action….

Result : Fuji, Atmos tour spec black , used shaft , pristine condition went in =

Distance gain producing some drives 265 metres many at 220 -230 m , and drop off in slice, just this weekend missed out on longest drive of the day by 6 metres… l played last week with 9hcp he noted l out drive him more than 5-10 times, he’s not a short hitter either.

It’s staying in , for foreseeable future, unless second half of this year there maybe full driver change ,,, that’s hypothetical

I just tried these shafts with my new Cobra LTDx MAX and the new UST Helium Nanocore shaft just worked better than any of the others, for me.
76f6bad4a0865c228087a327af55ae0a.jpg

After a fitting, it appears the MOTORE F1 is getting the call for this season. Never thought of this shaft, but I am very excited to get this in hand. CC Ventus TR delivery was delayed to weather, so I never got to try it. Either way, I am pumped for the MOTORE as it felt really, really good and the numbers were there.

Fujikura Speeder EVO VI 569 stiff in my TSi2 driver. Was surprised when my fitter put me in a stiff shaft, but after getting used to it, my dispersion is way better than previous EVO 2 in regular flex.

It’s really up in the air this year as I finally have regular access to a Trackman via the new simulators at my club. It’s been a real eye opener and I have no doubt that my driver head/shaft combo has never been optimal. I played 90% of my rounds last year with a RADSpeed XB/Hzrdus RDX Blue and discovered in November on the LM that I was spinning it about 3,600 when my ideal is more like 2,400. I’m such a dummy. :) Right now the LTDx/Tensei AV Raw White looks like it might be too little spin.

I plan on testing dozens of shafts these next two months in search of the perfect combo. Maybe a Unicorn shaft in a Unicorn head?? :)

Curious if anyone knows or is planning a particular shaft in the big stick for 2022?

If so, curious why it works for you?

Also curious - how long have you used this shaft? Brand new to you or old faithful?
Veylix Rome matte black finish. Low spin low trajectory. Also it’s a fade bias shaft. Playing for 2 years now.

Back