Your Fairway Finder

If I positively, absolulety HAVE to hit the fairway, then it’s the trusty 56. 😁

3 hybrid for me. The 588, and now the apex, have been perfect in that spot

My 5W is my my fairway finder. About 225-235 yards off the tee.

If I positively, absolulety HAVE to hit the fairway, then it’s the trusty 56. 😁

I feel your pain. I’m pretty sure I can hit FW with my 7i, if it’ll get to the FW. After that it’s been a crap show of epic (no pun intended and no slight intended) proportions since summer of 18.

Prior to that my Epic 4i was my club. Hit it 20 yards between my 4h and 3w. Rocket launcher and “could” hit it straight back then. In fact I had a really weird mixed bag at one point that included the Epic 4i, 4h, Epic 6i, and another sets 6i-GW. They all gapped well though. Hit the Epic 5i the same as the 4h. I like the hybrid in the bag as a punch out club and from crappy rough lies better than a long iron so I have kept it.

Then I got sick and forgot how to golf and went back to the full set of the same irons as the short courses I most often play don’t require me to hit it as far as a full set of Epic’s would go. Most every par 4 I hit a wedge of some sort anyways. Couple exceptions but for the most part it rang true. Plus the Epics required a slightly different swing than the other set and I couldn’t manage one swing let alone two.

Have to hit a fairway and it's a 450 yard par 4? Well, it's a tough hole. If I'm concerned I'll drop down to 3 or 5 wood and have the longer approach.

Under 400 yards I'm safe to pull the 4 iron.

As soon as I'm leaving myself a 4 iron into the green I'm questioning if hitting the fairway was worth it over risking the rough.

Putter

3 wood mid flight baby draw.

All dictated by hole length and generosity of fairway width. Usually 3w,3h or 3i.

I play driver majority of the time. I’m not real consistent with it but it’s the only way I’ll learn. 6 iron If I’m in a must find spot.

When things are going really crooked (crooked left and crooked right) I’ll take any 5i off the tee. Of course I did this in my last round, overswung, and hit a heavy pull. Maybe I need to club down to my 7i?

Anything from driver / 3W / 18* ZU85

I have no issues with pulling driver on a tight driving hole as I am very confident with it
If I have to hit a draw then I will usually pull 3W, but if I need to fade it (like I do on a few holes at my home course) then I will pull either driver or my ZU85 depending on the distance I need

2 hybrid is money for me. I usually hit it right up the middle with a nice little draw.

Have to hit a fairway and it's a 450 yard par 4? Well, it's a tough hole. If I'm concerned I'll drop down to 3 or 5 wood and have the longer approach.

Under 400 yards I'm safe to pull the 4 iron.

As soon as I'm leaving myself a 4 iron into the green I'm questioning if hitting the fairway was worth it over risking the rough.
That’s very true. If I’m potentially leaving myself a long approach then I’m going to pull the driver out of the bag. If I’m hitting 5w or hybrid off the ground into a par 4 then I will always be wishing I was 30 yards further forward in the rough!

Back