Your favorite cover by a band/singer

Oogie Boogie's song from Nightmare Before Christmas done by Voice Play.

KISS - 2000 Man by the Rolling Stones

The Stone's original was kinda weak and this is one rare example where a cover is better than the original.

This one....

Simple Man - Shinedown(original by Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

This is my choice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite cover was one I saw done live. Hootie and the Blowfish doing a cover of Santana’s Black Magic Woman.

Oh, there are so many! first that came to mind for me:
Cream (Eric Clapton) - Crossroads (original by Robert Johnson)

I'm a fan of this one.

Very sad story behind that one. They were originally going to record it with Dolores O'Riordan doing the vocals, but she died the night before the video was to be shot. They did the song anyway as a tribute to her, the video was released three days after her death. There are intentional resemblances in their video to the Cranberries' original video for the song.

That one is one of my favorites. Two more would both be by Johnny Cash - Hurt and Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (written by Kris Kristofferson, originally performed by Ray Stevens, although Cash's version was far more successful).

Last edited:
Another that jumped to mind right away:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze (original by J.J. Cale)

Another great cover - Rush's Subdivisions as covered by Jacob Moon. The members of Rush liked it so much that they asked Moon to play it at their induction into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame:

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing (original by Jimi Hendrix)

Johnny Wnter - Johnny B. Goode (original by Chuck Berry)

As much as I enjoyed Cream's version, I think Free's version of Crossroads is better, with magnificent guitar by Koss and great vocals.

And your bird can sing covered by The Jam. Original by The Beatles. Also Redemption Song covered by Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer ( The Clash) Original by Bob Marley.

Last edited:

As much as I like Sam Cooke, this version of his song is better, because Burdon was a true talent.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Oh Well (original by Peter Green and the original Fleetwood Mac)

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band - Blinded by the Light
I am with @YukonLiving

Metallica - Turn the Page (original by Bob Seger)

Lots of good ones so far, several that I have on playlists. I liked the cover of Another Brick in the Wall by Korn. Hurt by Johnny Cash is by far my favorite.

Blue on Black - Five Finger Death Punch

Original - Kenny Wayne Shepherd -

Back