Your Favorite Golf Purchase in 2019

I would say my stand bag as its the only course use item I got this year and as always my Albatross membership.

I hadn't planned to revamp my bag much in 2019 but ended up buying a lot of Callaway products. Callaway Rogue driver, 3&5 fw woods and three Rogue X hybrids. And recently bought a set of Apex C16 irons(6-pw) brand new off of Callaway Preowned at a very good price. Yes I'm a little behind the most recent released clubs but they're all new to me.

I’m gonna have to go with two.
1) The Rogue 5 wood I got, and
2) The Ping Redwood ZB putter I found on eBay.
The 5 wood was the first club in my bag to have the Jailbreak tech in it. Wow! There IS something to that. Hit it in the middle of the “bars” and it blasts off!
I have always loved the ZB style putters....and found one in the black satin finish near MINT! Love the feel, sound and look.

First one was a deal I got on a practically brand new Spider X off FB marketplace. The other was sort of a purchase. Slept out overnight at PGA Tour Superstore for the customer appreciation night to get a free driver. I got the Ping G410 and immediately exchanged it for the Epic Flash paying the $40 difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Fairway Classic golf cart cover. That has zippers on one side of the door and Velcro on the other side which makes it easier to get out of. Retail of $172 I found it for $71 on sale at Amazon. It fits ez-go and Yamaha carts perfect. As well as others but some carts are smaller is it's baggy on some of them. Other than that with my MR. Heater, it's awesome for winter golf in N.W. Ohio.

Event costs aside, the Precision Pro NX9 completely changed the way I played, despite only getting in 5 rounds or so with it before losing it. Even though I am not accurate enough to really need that level of precision, it was so much better to know exactly where the pin was as opposed to relying on a slow GPS phone app and trying to guess how far the pin was from the center of the green.

If I lose its replacement that is arriving tomorrow, though, I will never buy another one.

Cleveland RTX4 wedges...superb!

I'd have to say it's the money I've spent on lessons. The individual pieces are there but still working on getting them all together on the course.

My albatross membership as it led to my set of Ben Hogan clubs. I wouldn't have gave them a chance if it weren't for that event and I'm hooked so far!

Without a question the T series irons that I received during the ultimate titleist iron THP event. That event was priceless and a once in a lifetime experience and the highlight of my year.

I am always buying more stuff than I really need, but I am no doubt the most excited for my new TS3 fairway wood.

I cant remember the last time I got along with a 3 wood, but I am seriously pumped to get this in the bag.

A set of irons made by Bridgestone called 'Phyz', surpassed my expectations.

Don't buy much any longer but the Titleist SM7 Hand Ground Raw Wedges are appreciated. Then I want on Trackman any my instructor noticed I would get more spin with more trailing edge grind - when your wedge is raw, more grinding does not affect appearance after a few months.

Gosh, forgot about the Bett BB-39. I bought two of 'em. But that was in the spring.

Bought the G410 irons with Ping's standard graphite shaft. I tested the stiff vs. regular and honestly found zero difference. There probably is a difference, but this is the first time I decided to not go with stiff shafts. My other primary set were G30s with Ping Stiff shafts. I like the cleaner look of the 410's and the distances are equal on good strikes, but I think the 410's are maybe 5 yards more forgiving on lesser strikes. That said, sometimes the extra 5 yards is not good! LOL.

Another point is the 410s can have a "clacky" sound. I knew that going in. But what I've found on the course is the clacky sound comes in when I don't hit the ball more "square", because on flush hits there's no sound. I think most of the sound comes from toe shots. So for me I like the feedback of the sound.

As for more on looks, the 410s are not as "fat" looking as the G30s. I'm not a guy who cares about appearance so much because the 410s are like Toyota Camry size vs. my 1991 FG-51 Staffs, but some may be more interested in more traditional looks.

I'm going to go with Srixon Z-Forged and Callaway Apex MB as my favorite purchase(s) in 2019. I alternated sets on and off all season, and ended up loving having them (both) in the bag. It was the first season I've played blades and looking back it was fun that they worked out.

Cleveland HB Launcher Turbo driver. Forgiving and long. Great feeling driver especially with the counter balanced shaft.

I would say my entry fee to the Morgan Cup with Cobra/Puma. Obviously, along with that came a lot of incredible gear, clothing and accessories, so its easy to put at no. 1.

But if that isn't an appropriate answer, then I will give two more:

Clubs: My Odyssey Stroke Lab 7S. Just feels so pure and I'm super confident with it.

Clothes/Accessories: Nike Air Max 1 G golf shoes. Super comfy and I feel like a :cool: when wearing them.

I have one that has paid off and the other is a bit of an investment.

1. the callaway epic flash 3D sub zero with ventus blue 7x shaft. It has been money ally” year.
2. The albatross club for 2020. Hoping it pays off.

I'm going to go with Srixon Z-Forged and Callaway Apex MB as my favorite purchase(s) in 2019. I alternated sets on and off all season, and ended up loving having them (both) in the bag. It was the first season I've played blades and looking back it was fun that they worked out.

I should update this post to put The Graphite Challenge and Albatross Club as my top picks, as by that was the headlining expeience of 2019 for me. The Hogan PTx Pro and custom THP UST Recoil 100 Proto shafts are something that I really look forward to playing in 2020, as the trip happened right at the end of golf season here.

Did not include in first post, because for the amount paid for entry and travel vs. the value of Experience, I mentally wrote off the whole shebang in the "freebie" column, haha (y)(y) #onlyonTHP

Guess I’m going to be getting an Albatross Club membership next year (I’m such a noob I had to google what it was and it brought me back here lol)

My favorite purchase this year is a ProPutt putting green. Someone posted pictures of theirs on here and I liked it so much I got one of my own. It’s amazing and has helped in my biggest weakness area... instead of 3 putting 12+ holes a round, I only 3 putt around 50% of the time. Still awful but getting better!

Albatross Club is the easiest answer. It offers opportunities for experiences and goes to a great cause, one I supported before THP.

Best equipment I have bought: tie between Epic Flash Driver and Callaway MD5 52 degree wedge. If I had to pick one: I love the driver.

overall best money spent on golf: Budget Golf Championship in Coeur d’ Alene

I don't buy too many golf-related things over the year, but I'm always a sucker for a new pair of golf shoes.

Budget Golf has some insane deals on Footjoy this week:

Everything F9.

Back