Your Favorite Hollow Body Iron

This:
7fb04d0c5bc7e238c47e8638ff6a8776.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After hitting it yesterday, the Cobra Forged Tec moves to the top for me. Mizuno HMB is right behind it.

I am amending my answer to the Cobra Forged Tec. I am very impressed and have a set on order.

Back at it...
59ef357976e72442e34fdc5b36f637fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hogan PTx Pro Long Irons 4-7
Tour Edge Iron-Woods
I didn't realize that the 4-7 irons in the PTx Pro's by Ben Hogan were Hollow Bodied.

They really haven't developed a marketing strategy that emphasizes their strengths and advantages

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

I play a P790 3 iron, with a KBS $taper shaft, as a driving iron. It's silly long off the tee!
Don't have any experience with other hollow bodies. But would like to try HMB.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
If you like the 3 iron from Taylormade P790, you should try the 2 Iron.

I hit a 241 yard stinger with mine last week at Eagle Point Golf Club.

It was a short par 4's with bunkers at 200 and 250 yards.

The stinger rolled down the fairway avoiding the trouble. Setting up a 58 degree wedge shot into the green.

ff888fe07e1df8356a3c407ad4b21410.jpg

I didn't realize that the 4-7 irons in the PTx Pro's by Ben Hogan were Hollow Bodied.

They really haven't developed a marketing strategy that emphasizes their strengths and advantages

They have discussed that very thing on every outlet they are on, including THP Review and all over their social media when they came out. Im not sure what else a company can do?

The only hollow body irons I’ve tried are Sub 70 699’s. They were forgiving enough but felt horrible. I don’t know if my Edge irons are considered hollow body irons. If so then they are awesome and very underrated.

If you like the 3 iron from Taylormade P790, you should try the 2 Iron.

I hit a 241 yard stinger with mine last week at Eagle Point Golf Club.

It was a short par 4's with bunkers at 200 and 250 yards.

The stinger rolled down the fairway avoiding the trouble. Setting up a 58 degree wedge shot into the green.

ff888fe07e1df8356a3c407ad4b21410.jpg

I would love to try the 2. But I'm left handed and they dont make it... I get 240-250 yards off the tee with the 3, that's perfect for me!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Nobody giving the G700s any love here?

Ping G400 FT with Tensei orange reg flex shaft
Callaway Rogue 3w Even Flow blue 55 reg flex shaft
Ping G400 7 wood Tensei orange 50g reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2 hybrid UST Recoil reg flex shaft
Ping G410 4&5 hybrids UST Recoil shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pros 6-pw Recoil F3 95 shafts
Or
Ping G700 5-UW Recoil 780 F3 shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 SW,LW recoil F3 95 shafts
Ping Craz-e center shaft putter

Let me know when you are going to play and I would love to join you guys. I live about 20 miles west of Boston but would travel some.

Hope you don’t mind the Cold ;)

I've only really hit 2 - HB Launchers and my brother's i500's. I have to give the nod to the HB's....just.

Working on getting a THPer all of them for some side by side testing, including one that is not out yet that we have already seeded to a few people.
Should be a good thread upcoming.

I liked this picture

FDECCD85-A036-48EC-9B2A-6AA9EBFAD186.jpeg

Working on getting a THPer all of them for some side by side testing, including one that is not out yet that we have already seeded to a few people.

I’ll be curious to see what people think of the embargoed club.
Was talking to somebody who’s hit it and said it was just meh compared to the T-Rail and HB Turbo.

Much to my chagrin, I didn’t try any hollow body irons when I bought clubs back in March. I will correct that when I next buy clubs. When I went to get my current irons optimized at a fitter in October, he had my try the Ping G700 and they were fantastic. I now have a Epic Forged 4 iron and it is unbelievable.

I wanted a set of these very badly when I was about 14. I think these came out around 1993-1994. Shows how old the hallow body iron thing is. before that.

1574692219877.png

There was the TM ICW irons before that. Also hallow.

1574692413206.png

I really liked the i500 irons.

Much to my chagrin, I didn’t try any hollow body irons when I bought clubs back in March. I will correct that when I next buy clubs. When I went to get my current irons optimized at a fitter in October, he had my try the Ping G700 and they were fantastic. I now have a Epic Forged 4 iron and it is unbelievable.

If the player fits this profile of iron, they truly are difference makers. In December, I turn 59, and the hollow body iron is allowing me to continue to play the same courses from the same tees just as well as when I was in my 30’s. Plus, they look so dang good.

If the player fits this profile of iron, they truly are difference makers. In December, I turn 59, and the hollow body iron is allowing me to continue to play the same courses from the same tees just as well as when I was in my 30’s. Plus, they look so dang good.
I like my Big Bertha irons, but think some of the irons in this thread would fit me better.

Back