Your Favorite of 2020 – Ball

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that 2020 is winding down, let’s see which new ball is everyone’s favorite. Maybe you’ve gamed it, maybe you want to play it, maybe it just came out and you are fascinated by what you hear so far. Whatever the case may be, give us the name and a quick description of:

Your favorite ball of 2020?

I’m going to tabulate the results come 1/1/2021, to see where each club stands among THP!

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Left Dash ProV1x

Srixon Z Star

I'm curious to see how some of the new covers, or alignment aids, or graphics, affect the results. Lots of stuff going on in 2020 with the ball.

Prov1x

Bridgestone Tour BX

AVX

Bridgestone Tour B XS
This by far. I miss the Triple Track of the CS line but the BXS felt so much better. Off the tee, I was longer and straighter with it and it stopped better on the greens.

Maxfli Tour CG - Yellow

Last edited:
TourB RX

2021- TourB RX

2022- TourB RX.

You get the picture.

I've only ever played the Z-Star, never the XV, but 3 posts in a row has me thinking I might need to give these a go!

They’re well paid for their opinions....

(Ha!)

That’s the cool part here, you get honest opinions from fellow golfers that are generally not biased.

I've only ever played the Z-Star, never the XV, but 3 posts in a row has me thinking I might need to give these a go!
Yes! Very consistent ball. I’m not sure I’m good enough to describe in a nuanced way (I’m no where near @Jman level reviewer) why the XV performs so well for me. It’s worth a look for sure. Love it from driver to putter.

Yes! Very consistent ball. I’m not sure I’m good enough to describe in a nuanced way (I’m no where near @Jman level reviewer) why the XV performs so well for me. It’s worth a look for sure. Love it from driver to putter.
If it feels good, sometimes that is reason enough. I like a ball that I can hit well off the tee, but doesn't feel too hard around the green. Seems like you found something that does just that, good from tee to green!

2020 Chrome Soft Truvis

Pro V1

My opinion which is free and therefore not worth anything...
Best ball = Z Star
Best Value = Q Star Tour/Snell Black (in bulk or on sale)

TP5x for me but I don't experiment all that much with balls. 95% of my play this year has been with either TP5x, ProV1, ProV1x, ChromeSoft TT, or Z-Star. Best two for me have been TP5x and ProV1x.

-ProV1X
Surprises:
AVX
TourB RX
Volvik XT Soft

ProV1

Tried the AVX for multiple rounds this year. Liked the distance but it didn't have the same feel and spin as the ProV. To me, it really felt and played differently around the greens. Will stick with ProV1 next year and the next.

The only ball I really tried this year was the Chrome Soft Truvis (yellow and black) but I got along with it and only went away from it this fall when it started hiding in the leaves. If I had to guess I'll be jumping back on that train in the spring.

Back