Your Favorite of 2020 – Driver

220 is designed to be more forgiving, with a higher MOI and bigger overall. Pro has a more compact head, and is designed for the better player in mind.
Pro is about 400 rpm lower spinning on average too

SIM has been great to me and very consistent....it's going to take a lot to change drivers soon

Maybe a TSi3 for 2021 lol

Tough call for me, the TM sim and ping g410 lst were both great for me in 2020

Mavrik Max. I'm still amazed at the ish it lets me get away with and still gives me a reasonable result.

First 3rd of 2020: Cobra SpeedZone
Second 3rd of 2020: TaylorMade Sim Max
Final 3rd of 2020: Titleist TSi3

Titleist TS3 or Callaway Mav both solid drivers

SIM. Although, to be fair, the only other 2020 driver I've hit was the Mavrik Subzero, and the shaft in that was nowhere near optimal for me.

Played the Cobra Speedzone driver today. I’ll try and not complicate it and just say,wow! Simply put it is by far the best driver I’ve hit, for me. Well and both my playing partners hit it as well, one I had to take it away because he hit two perfect bombs. The other guy is really struggling with driver, and he hit two bombs. It’s in my bag and not going anywhere.

Anyone else want to mention their Favorite Driver?

The one in my bag comes to my mind, but it wasn’t released in 2020.
If I had to pick a 2020 release I’d probably say the Cobra Speedzone.

The one in my bag comes to my mind, but it wasn’t released in 2020.
If I had to pick a 2020 release I’d probably say the Cobra Speedzone.
Nothing wrong with an old one still being your favorite!

Mavrik Max is my favorite! I got this driver in October with a 70g 6.0 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft. Purchased after a Callaway distance fitting. Very different than my old TaylorMade R1. Dispersion has been fantastic and nothing beat it in my Club Champion fitting.

No surprise here but I have to go with the Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme. I’ve never hit so many fairways before. Someday I’ll get some numbers to see if it’s optimal for me distance wise because I think I may have given up a few yards but overall it’s a keeper

No surprise here but I have to go with the Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme. I’ve never hit so many fairways before. Someday I’ll get some numbers to see if it’s optimal for me distance wise because I think I may have given up a few yards but overall it’s a keeper
Most days I'd gladly give up a few yards for more fairways.

Most days I'd gladly give up a few yards for more fairways.
Yeah me too though sometimes you want it all. Honestly I only think that because a few times I hit @Lions81 other drivers side by side on the course almost every time the others went farther. Weights and shafts were totally different as well so that could be something too

I played the Xtreme all year. It was extremely accurate for me. Even with my tendency to come OTT, this driver continued to find the fairway. Because of my swing, I don’t get as much distance as possible but my accuracy made up for it. I had one round in October where I hit 12 of 14 fairways and both misses were 5-10 yards off.

I'm swinging the :callaway: Mavik Subzero right now and it is by far the best driver I've ever had. Added 20 yards to my drive, and most of the time I'm pretty confident standing over the top of it ready to swing.

I kind of hated drivers this year.

Bad move on my part, nothing that seemed to really gel all that well with me. It's a dark part of my life haha
This is so 2020. 😂

I am going to say the Big Bertha B21. It wins for me not necessarily because it gives me the very best numbers, although it is right there. It wins because I truly believe its potential to make a materially positive difference for golfers is greater than any other release of 2020.

I am going to say the Big Bertha B21. It wins for me not necessarily because it gives me the very best numbers, although it is right there. It wins because I truly believe its potential to make a materially positive difference for golfers is greater than any other release of 2020.
Great view. It does seem to be doing well for a number of members here.

I feel that. I miss drivers being one of my favorite things to hit.
Aw.... You are way too skilled to be down on driver. You will kill it in 2021.

Back