Your Favorite Pizza Place

Best right now is Publick House in Malta, NY

Best ever is the defunct LaRich’s with three restaurants on the East Side of Cleveland. Kept me alive in college.

Thin crust is Nonna Wells Pizza, Racine Wi

92D2900B-972E-4D69-A7F7-A81025FF0F67.jpeg

deep dish, Pequods of Morton Grove IL

F893341D-B923-4AF5-A15A-90F04D3AA6FB.jpeg

I need to travel to his some great courses, then eat some incredible pizza.

Bonus points for more pictures!!

Filippi's Pizza Grotto, based in/around San Diego and all locations are owned/operated by original family members of the founders.

Favorite order is cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms.
My girlfriends family loves Filippis, we go for a lot of their birthdays. Great pizza and love their chicken parm.

Locally in San Diego my favorite is a NY style place called Hoboken, the pizza is just so damn good.

There’s a place called ambrogio down the street that is much more authentic Italian that we also love for a date night as it’s a really nice sit down place.

Godfathers. All meat is delicious.

Als in Warrenville right @Jman
Montys in Clearwater
NY Pie in Hendersonville
Frank Pepes in CT
Frank Pepes - we plan road trips to CT and Boston around Frank Pepe stops, there and back.

Louie & Ernie's on Crosby Ave in 'da Bronx, NY.

Everything is absolutely awesome but their sicilian slice and chicken parm calzone are my favorites.

76d2ed399736b24b92c1cc7a2cf9ea66.jpg

A lot of these look fantastic. As much as we like pizza, we haven't been to many restaurants that feature pizza on the menu.

But...my favorite pizza right now is a take-n-bake chain called Mama Mimi's in Columbus: their Queen Margherita is awesome!

Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s both in Chicago. Either of their deep dish pizza’s are amazing. My girls liked Giordano’s better because there is more cheese... love them both and every once in a while we’ll have a few pies shipped to MN.

The original Regina Pizzeria in Boston was awesome as well. Have to get there before they open at 11 am to have a chance to sit down without a wait. Otherwise there is a line around the block to wait. No reservations, small mom and pop shop with pizza boxes stack to the ceiling. If you get to B-town def check out Regina.

Where I live in NC the best pizza is from Jets Pizza which is a chain out of Detroit.

Giordanos chicago

have to agree with this but Gino's is very close. When I go to Chicago on business, everyone wants to eat steak. I tell them we can eat meat at home but Chicago deep dish we can't get. Throw some of the 23oz fat tire beers with it and this is as good as it gets in my book

There are so many great pizza places around Chicago and the suburbs. Can’t name just one.

Tough one, not really lol

Garlic
Hots
pep
Mush

I have only been there once and it didn’t change my world like I hoped it would. I think I prefer the original Reginas in the North End. My favorite local place closed a few years ago and I don’t have one now. I bounce around a bit when ordering pizza. It is a bit of a chain but I like Anthony’s Coal fired at the moment. I usually go with sausage and pepperoni. There is a place a ton over that I like a lot but it is too far to go to pick up pizza.

Totonno’s in Coney Island, traditional Brooklyn pie
Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst for Sicilian squares
King Umberto’s on Long Island for Grandma pies(they’re the co-creators of the grandma pie)
Roberta’s in Brooklyn for traditional Neapolitan pizza
Haven’t had it in a while but I remember St. Mark’s in the Village for great slices

Locally in San Diego my favorite is a NY style place called Hoboken, the pizza is just so damn good.

There’s a place called ambrogio down the street that is much more authentic Italian that we also love for a date night as it’s a really nice sit down place.
Lol, the ironic thing is the pizza in Hoboken kinda sucks, except for maybe the Grimaldi’s branch there.

Lol, the ironic thing is the pizza in Hoboken kinda sucks, except for maybe the Grimaldi’s branch there.
Ha that’s funny, I’m sure the owners are from the area. It doesn’t compare to pizza I have had in NY when visiting but the best I have found in San Diego.

Back