Your Favorite Pizza Place

Tacconelli’s Philly.
faee9789c8a8c7a5157aae6fa2cbf057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totonno’s in Coney Island, traditional Brooklyn pie
Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst for Sicilian squares
King Umberto’s on Long Island for Grandma pies(they’re the co-creators of the grandma pie)
Roberta’s in Brooklyn for traditional Neapolitan pizza
Haven’t had it in a while but I remember St. Mark’s in the Village for great slices
King Umbertos vs Umbertos - big local debate on the better pie. Unrelated owners but confusion since they are a few miles apart.

King Umbertos vs Umbertos - big local debate on the better pie. Unrelated owners but confusion since they are a few miles apart.
Not sure about the current owners of King Umberto’s but the way I was told was the original recipe came from Umberto’s. They used to only make it for staff and when one of the cooks left to open King Umberto’s, he asked permission to use the recipe to sell to the public.
For my taste, I’m happy with either but slightly prefer King.

Forgot to give an honorable mention to Star Tavern in Orange, NJ for their bar pie(it’s a Jersey thing.). Best bar pie in the state imo.

Best right now is Publick House in Malta, NY

Best ever is the defunct LaRich’s with three restaurants on the East Side of Cleveland. Kept me alive in college.

My wife loves Clifton Park Pizza Shop.

My favorite old reliable is Ginos in Manhasset, ny.

hiwevere, the spicy spring square slice at Prince st. Pizza is an experience. Fra DiaVolvo sauce, slightly charred cheese and pepperonis. Sooo good.

Georgio’s in Elizabethtown, NC
E0C213D9-4581-4F8F-859C-7BA15F458737.jpeg

If the world could be as accepting of divergent views on everything else as it is of “Who makes the best pizza?” wouldn’t it be a much better place?

If the world could be as accepting of divergent views on everything else as it is of “Who makes the best pizza?” wouldn’t it be a much better place?
Yes, I'd say it would be. Great viewpoint.

I love either New York style or Neapolitan. My favorite places when I can get to them are:

Big Ed’s Pizza in Oak Ridge, TN
Alino Pizzeria in Buford, GA
Antico Pizza in Atlanta, GA
Patsy’s Pizzeria in NYC
Giuseppe’s in Augusta, GA

For some honorable mentions:
Community Pie in Chattanooga, TN
Mezzaluna in Hammock Beach, FL (forgot about that one)
Bizzarros in Melbourne Beach, FL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was Shakey's until they closed up. Then it was Godfathers until they closed up. Now it's Tony's because it's a nice walk to it.

Most of the time however, my Wife makes her own home made pizza, which is probably better than any purchased pizzas.

It was Shakey's until they closed up. Then it was Godfathers until they closed up. Now it's Tony's because it's a nice walk to it.

Most of the time however, my Wife makes her own home made pizza, which is probably better than any purchased pizzas.
Shakey's for the lunch buffet - AYCE pizza, fried chicken, mojo potatoes and salad!

The best pizza I had in my life was a little local place that closed down years ago. Parthenon Pizza and it was amazing. My favourite was the pepperoni. Stacked miles high with fresh house made pepperoni and a mountain of mozzarella and Parmesan.

My mouth is drooling just thinking about it. I've been trying to find that slice of heaven ever since they closed...

Favorite right now is Fabio & Joe’s. A local place down the street. We have been supporting them often during the pandemic :LOL:

Our new favorite place is called V’s Pizza. Not a chain and they have some damn good pizza.

Pacifico . Wood fire pizza and great topping options 144A3573-ADC6-4A51-8660-AED9BF6F93F5.jpeg

I come in here in the morning, now I want pizza for breakfast!

Currently it's Pizzeria Testa here in the metroplex. It's neapolitan style, and is what prompted me into wanting to perfect that style at home. Made Detroit style last night for the first time and it was easy, and delicious.

Locally my favorite is a little place called Green Lantern. Buddy's is decent as well.

Sammy's Pizza, favorite was in Superior, WI but has since closed. There are other locations in MN and WI, and also order their frozen pizzas occasionally with overnight delivery.

It is by far the best I have had, my folks have been going there since the 60's and have grown up eating there.

https://mysammys.com/

"The Dom"
Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and mozzarella.

Sammy's Pizza, favorite was in Superior, WI but has since closed. There are other locations in MN and WI, and also order their frozen pizzas occasionally with overnight delivery.

It is by far the best I have had, my folks have been going there since the 60's and have grown up eating there.

https://mysammys.com/

"The Dom"
Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and mozzarella.
I see you have to order 10 frozen pizzas at a time to get them shipped. Now I'm thinking about ordering 10 pizzas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see you have to order 10 frozen pizzas at a time to get them shipped. Now I'm thinking about ordering 10 pizzas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
yeah it is pricey, but a real treat being down here in FL and having our favorite pizza accessible.

yeah it is pricey, but a real treat being down here in FL and having our favorite pizza accessible.
They look delicious! Wish I could order like this from my favorite place back home.

Back