Your Favorite Shot

leftshot

Remember to smile
Reaction score
Regardless of how often you can or do hit it, what is your favorite shot? As an example, for me I love to hit the high draw off the tee. Someone else might say a flop shot, or a knockdown, whatever is your favorite.

The punch shot from the worst spot on the course. It's so much fun being able to get out of trouble in a fun way. Other than that I really love chipping from anywhere around the green where I can go low to the pin, not much confidence in going high.

I love a short (20yd) uphill pitch. Don't know why, just do.

The next one. Gives me a chance to redeem myself for all the ones before it.

The chip you throw right at the pin and when it hits, it just hops and stops dead.

The chip you throw right at the pin and when it hits, it just hops and stops dead.
This. The one hop and stop.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A putt from outside of 3 feet that results in me picking the ball out of the bottom of the cup.

Drive on the par 5 17th at my home course. It's a faint dog leg right, and it fits my natural fade perfectly. Swing away, and an iron into the green.

I’m gonna break the rules and give two:

The pured FW from the fairway on a par 5, and a perfectly executed flop shot. Leaning towards the FW shot though because the ball is in the air longer to admire!

Flop shot. There's nothing like throwing that ball a mile high in the air and plopping it right next to the hole.

A well executed flighted iron shot that just bores under the wind.

Absolutely no question about it. I love hitting a huge sweeping hook around a tree from the edge of long iron range for me from a fluffed up lie in the rough. I can probably only pull it off (as in hit it on or near the green) 10% of the time with a perfect lie, but it's a thing of beauty when I do.

My kids grew up watching me kill the ball so no feat of distance does much for them. We were playing a scramble last year and one of them had already put us into decent position, right side of the FW 100 yards out on a long par 5 with his second. I got to choose my lie (remember the scramble) so I was fluffed up as nice as could be. There was a big tree that was actually right of the line of the pin for me. I told the kids "hold my beer and watch this" something that usually ends up with me being hurt, lol. I set up to hit a 60 yard hook and actually pulled it off to perfection. Closed my stance, put the ball on my back foot, and flattened my swing. Their jaws were on the ground as my ball started on a line that would have put me in the adjacent FW and ended up on the green. We were still a long way for eagle and it didn't fall but I'll never forget hitting that shot. It's eerily similar to my best shot ever, but no one ever believes the story on that one so I'll keep it to myself. I've probably tried that shot 5 times since then and I'm lucky to keep it in play let alone hitting the green with it.

Long putt with a big break that falls center cup. Nothing more satisfying.

The punch shot from the most noticeably bad spot on the course, it's so much fun having the capacity to escape inconvenience funly, other than that i truly love chipping from anyplace around the green where i can go low to the stick, very little trust in going high

https://historicarmouries.com.au/

Last edited:
A 2nd shot approach into a reachable par-5. Always gets the juices flowing.

I love the chip shots from just off the green. Often I’d rather be 3y off the green with a wedge than on the green with a 30 foot putt.

Tap in birdie

the 60-80y 3/4 sand wedge. when you nip it right, it has a low, penetrating trajectory. it hits the green and grabs immediately. typically sets up an opportunity to make a meaningful putt as well.

I’ve always been a fan of the knock down shot. It’s something I can really control and I love the ball flight.

My favorite shot has now become my 64° wedge. Really fun seeing how close I can get it keeping it low and seeing the brakes put on.

Last edited:
Knocking a wedge in close is my favorite shot. The number of factors that have to go right, from club selection to controlling flight and spin while getting the swing length right just makes it a really rewarding shot.

A pickleback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But on the course it’s a well struck long iron, as it doesn’t happen often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love a good fairway bunker that hits and sticks.

Back