Your favorite Tom Hanks movie!

Forrest Gump is my favorite individual movie ever so that's it.

My other Hanks favorites are Catch Me If You Can, Big, and Joe Verses The Volcano.

Edit: went to IMDB and forgot about The Burbs and That Thing You Do. I really liked both of those a lot too.
Finally, someone else mentions Joe Verses the Volcano. :drinks:

Finally, someone else mentions Joe Verses the Volcano. :drinks:
I actually like old comedy movie Tom Hanks better than the last 20 years serious actor Tom Hanks. I love Forrest Gump, but Big, The Burbs, Dragnet, Joe V The Volcano, Money Pit. That is my favorite version of Tom Hanks.

Dude you picked a near impossible task. He’s been in some unreal movies. The more you want to pick a favorite, you remember another role he’s been in.

Too much dialogue (well, monologue) with a stupid volleyball!
Don’t ever talk negatively about Wilson! I kid! I haven’t watched most of that movie. I think I have seen 15 minutes of it.

What is your favorite Tom Hanks movie?

Mine is Forrest Gump

he is great in everything! Jimmy Dugan is a great character!
I was gonna say Forrest Gump as well, such a classic!

Saving Private Ryan.

Can't choose between Saving Private Ryan and Apollo 13. Tom was really at the top of his game in both of those.

This reminds me of a spirited debate I had with a friend on who had the best collective career (best movies, not performances): Tom or Denzel? Both put out great quality stuff over the years.

Forrest Gump by far! Could watch that over and over again

League of Their Own is my favorite

He has so many great movies
a few classics- Da Vinci Code, Apollo 13, Gump, Private Ryan

This is an impossible thing for me t answer. So many of his movies are classics and must watch when on tv.

Apollo 13 or Castaway

I actually like old comedy movie Tom Hanks better than the last 20 years serious actor Tom Hanks. I love Forrest Gump, but Big, The Burbs, Dragnet, Joe V The Volcano, Money Pit. That is my favorite version of Tom Hanks.
Every time i look at this thread i see movies i forgot about, all really good. When i saw Dragnet i remember how funny that movie was gonna have to watch that soon for some laughs.

Favorite: Apollo 13

Best Performance: Philadelphia

I’d venture to say Philadelphia is one of the best performances ever

Saving Private Ryan
The Da Vinci Code

BIG

My favorite three:
Philadelphia
Cast Away
Turner & Hooch

1. Forrest Gump
2. Cast Away