Your first THP Experience

I love that story of you getting waved out onto 18 by the caddie for the picture of the lighthouse.

Buying that lady a drink so we could go up to the top added to the fun.
Bro that was like a 50 yard sprint in between groups for that killer photo op... and technically it was trespassing lol

Haha that's right we bought the gift shop lady a drink... and I had Cace worried all weekend that we'd end up at the only strip club on the island... good times brother!!

Let's give it a go this year!!

So many good dudes. Couldn’t have asked for a better first event than that. I remember being nervous the whole drive there and then those nerves instantly going away when we all sat down for dinner and it was like we’d known each other for years.
This was absolutely me.... dinner conversations definitely made me more comfortable but I’m not gonna lie, I was puckering on that first tee shot! Big!

Midwest Regional Rivalry IL/MO vs MN/WI and basically Iowa as well. We played at the Tournament Club of Iowa near Des Moines. Met a bunch of cool dudes that week including my roommate @2BFAST, team MVP @formula8, team captain @McRock, assitant captain @Pringles, @Rambler, played three matches against @Vortex and went 1-1-1, @Golfever, @Ottawaclo, drinking in the parking lot with @rallo It was a great time and and experience i wont forget.

We started the 3rd nine (alt shot) on fire and then faded. Pretty sure you and @Ottawaclo were down 3 after 3 holes and our team was in great shape on #4. I chunked a 90 yard shot into the bunker on a par 5. Things went downhill shortly thereafter.

An all-time favorite memory occurred when @2BFAST did an epic race across the course to the halfway house. For everyone's sake...I'm glad he made it! :D Very impressed Brian stopped and quickly instructed you to remove your clubs from the cart. It took @Golfever and I a couple of minutes to figure out what happened. We liked the 2 on 1 odds. Brian was "fast" and only missed 2 shots and I think you halved the hole.

We started the 3rd nine (alt shot) on fire and then faded. Pretty sure you and @Ottawaclo were down 3 after 3 holes and our team was in great shape on #4. I chunked a 90 yard shot into the bunker on a par 5. Things went downhill shortly thereafter.

An all-time favorite memory occurred when @2BFAST did an epic race across the course to the halfway house. For everyone's sake...I'm glad he made it! :D Very impressed Brian stopped and quickly instructed you to remove your clubs from the cart. It took @Golfever and I a couple of minutes to figure out what happened. We liked the 2 on 1 odds. Brian was "fast" and only missed 2 shots and I think you halved the hole.
Ah yes there was a little trouble with the bunker on that hole. Great memory.

He really was fast wasn't he? HAHAHA!!

2019 The Sweep presented by Budget Golf and THP. May 6th & 7th. Met my then opponent, but now lifetime friend, @MichiganGripRip ! Budget Golf took us to go play at Mistwood Golf Club!

2014 THP Championship at PGA National

2016 The Cup @ True Blue / Caledonia. It was in August....in myrtle beach. hotter than the sun and maybe the most humid golf I’ve ever played in.

It was a teamed event along with Callaway golf in which you would in a new XR16. Courses were amazing. Teams were great. Getting to know guys like @brianmk @KEV @dazeedmonds @Big SoIL @Clutch42 and many others. It was just an awesome trip.

April 2019 Titleist Ultimate Woods Testing Savannah Harbor Club Savanna GA

2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper. What a blast. I remember the look on my wife’s face when I told her I was going to play golf with 12 people from the internet. Lots of nerves, but was an experience I will never forget. I was such an awe full golfer that weekend, but it was the catalyst to getting me serious about this sport and this forum. I am about to make my third event in February and the excitement just grows for each one.

I have said it in passing before, but the people I met at the first event really changed my outlook on both golf and life with their positive attitude. Then everyone I met at the graphite challenge event a few months ago were phenomenal. I feel like I have friends all over the place because of these experiences. Just amazing.

My first was the 2017 Ultimate Club Testing: Titleist 718 Irons at Reunion Resort in Ireland Florida from October 27th - October 29th, 2017. It was a great group of guys and Austin from Titleist was very open with us and was a heck of a golfer.

This was absolutely me.... dinner conversations definitely made me more comfortable but I’m not gonna lie, I was puckering on that first tee shot! Big!

My only thought on the first tee was don't miss the ball :p I wouldn't have cared if it went 400 yards to the right, I just didn't want to top it haha

It was November, but I am not exactly sure of the year. I think it was 2011 or 2012 (I think in another thread I said it it was 2013, but it was earlier than that). It was a regional gathering held at Bear's Best in Atlanta. @JB took this picture and I bet he knows the year. It was so much fun, but man I was nervous for about 1/2 the round. My performance was not helped by a bad shoulder. I had surgery on it the next week so that was the last round for about 3 months.

993761_10201224046903897_18116530_n.jpg

Midwest Regional Rivalry IL/MO vs MN/WI and basically Iowa as well. We played at the Tournament Club of Iowa near Des Moines. Met a bunch of cool dudes that week including my roommate @2BFAST, team MVP @formula8, team captain @McRock, assitant captain @Pringles, @Rambler, played three matches against @Vortex and went 1-1-1, @Golfever, @Ottawaclo, drinking in the parking lot with @rallo It was a great time and and experience i wont forget.

Ah yes there was a little trouble with the bunker on that hole. Great memory.

He really was fast wasn't he? HAHAHA!!

Man that was a good time. Everyone there was fun to be around. A few memories of mine from that time:

Of course reference the above comments. I knew I should of took @Boder 's advice at the turn "bro theres a halfway house right here, knock it out" but I thought eh I'm good. That was just about to be one hell of a disaster. The bad part is when I started to go down the hill headed for the halfway house on the back 9, the brakes kicked on to slow it down and I was like "oh c'mon man go!!!!!!" haha From what I remember, Boder damn near halved the whole 2 on 1? The conversation between Boder and myself in the fairway.

Me driving to our tee shots: "dude, I hate to tell you this but I'm going to have to leave you to the wolves. I gotta find a halfway house I'm not gonna make it"
Boder: "really? Damn dude alright"
...we get to his ball. Me fully expecting him to get the yardage and his clubs so I can roll. He gets out, walks back to his bag. Comes back up to get his range finder, shoots the yardage. Goes back to his bag, fumbles around with his clubs. Pulls one out. puts it back. Grabs another.
Me: "dude, get your fvcking bag off this cart because I gotta go!!!!!!"
Boder looks at me like oh sh*t!

Next was the picture below and Ray @Golfever up and down to save par on this par 3 early on the front 9. When @Vortex and him hit their tee shots way right up on the hill side in the tall native grass I told @Boder now its time to step on the gas and not let up as I was sure we were going to win the hole especially when we were 1 up and as I was on the middle of the green and he was on too just not as close. Dave was out as he couldnt find his ball if I remember right, but Rays 2nd shot out of the native was impressive big downhill lie, out of thick native, through a tree, and on the green to leave 10-15ft down hill putt. Then he steps up and drains it. I was standing there like you have got to be kidding me?

Man that was fun!

Then @Pringles tee shot off a Coors Light can. Dude can blitz a golf ball!

IMG_2536.JPG

Last edited:
June 2019 , The Ben Hogan Experience in Nashville held at Gaylord Springs Golf Links. Great course, great clubs, even better group of guys !

Hey man, as if the the table chatter and @KY Golfer asking to take the whole platter wasn't enough, I can't help!

2016 Get Cured event with Cure Putters. We played En Joie Golf Club in New York, host of the Dicks Sporting Goods Open on the Champions Tour. I learned a lot about MOI, that @JB is not a fan of the cold and that menus at THP events are above and beyond.

I really don't remember which came first.. But I want to say it was an event in Dallas, (Grapevine specifically), with Callaway. @Nate and I were partnered together, and we had it in the bag... but I choked so unbelievably hard and we ended up losing the even by a couple of strokes.

Oh and I believe this is where @JB complained about "Warm" Salsa :)

2016 Get Cured event with Cure Putters. We played En Joie Golf Club in New York, host of the Dicks Sporting Goods Open on the Champions Tour. I learned a lot about MOI, that @JB is not a fan of the cold and that menus at THP events are above and beyond.

That food was good.
The tacos were decent in Willy Wood too.

I really don't remember which came first.. But I want to say it was an event in Dallas, (Grapevine specifically), with Callaway. @Nate and I were partnered together, and we had it in the bag... but I choked so unbelievably hard and we ended up losing the even by a couple of strokes.

Oh and I believe this is where @JB complained about "Warm" Salsa :)
That was the Tangle Ridge event, right? With the Tiger Woods 5'some in front of us and the wind blowing 40mph? I played good that day. :p

Something comforting about warm salsa.....like a shot of whiskey on a cold night.

That was the Tangle Ridge event, right? With the Tiger Woods 5'some in front of us and the wind blowing 40mph? I played good that day. :p

Something comforting about warm salsa.....like a shot of whiskey on a cold night.

That is the one... Still sorry about that :)

2019 Budget Golf THP Championship in Coeur d’Alene ID with my partner @checkered
Same for me, with my partner @jim54 , and we played the first round with @MattyDMPLS and @checkered . We were the first group out, so first tee jitters were very real, and there were some nerves showing being the first to be hitting to the Island Green too, for me at least.

Back