CONTEST Your Gear: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and three teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #3 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

Untitled-24.jpg

The Contest
We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special. Today we are talking about your history with their drivers.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about the last (or current) Callaway driver you used and your thoughts on it. You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your last Callaway driver that you had in the bag. You don't have to be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about equipment, so tell us about the driver.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday).

1638808357990.jpeg

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through Saturday the 7th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant sometime shortly after.

contest time!

Big Bertha, 10*...you read that correctly. Absolutely loved it. Shapeable, solid, dependable. Have tried a Maverik since and it was really nice. I still have a strong 3+ Bertha ;) Good Luck Everyone!

Non-Entry: Rogue ST Max- launches easily and flies amazingly straight holding its line.

Mavrik's my gamer, I love that club so.
My drives they go straight and almost 200 yards!
My RBZ didn't.

:D:D

Next team member coming soon!!!

Epic Max LS.

Very forgiving, great spin retention, easy to hit. Fast ball speeds across the face

Official Entry:

Big Bertha B21

Very easy driver to launch
Very difficult driver to hit a slice
Very happy guy named DataDude

Here we go, THP! Next contest is up. Let's see who joins the 2022 squad.

Official Entry:

Pretty Epic. Mortal Kombat some would say. Last driver that made it longer than a year in my bag.

Last edited:
Also good luck everyone!

Big Bertha was a homer in mid 90's.
Just like High School,
it's time for a reunion.
Granddaddy 2022

Rogue Max LS. Couldn’t believe Callaway could improve over my Epic Max LS but wow, I am amazed and impressed.

Love to see a new contest pop up! Best of luck everyone!

My current gamer is the Epic Flash. It is the most forgiving, consistent and powerful driver I have used.

Big Bertha B 21. The most accurate driver I’ve ever gamed. A point and shoot fairway finder.

Epic (Original) 10.5

It made the ball go far and relatively straight (user error) and looked and sounded amazing doing it.

2015 GBB. Still is one the best drivers I ever played. Amazing ball speed and decent forgiveness. Phenomenal sound.

Epic Max LS

Fantastic when squared up, but I didn't square it up often enough. For players better than myself.

So are people who have never had a Callaway driver ineligible?

B21 a true bomber. Some called it a unicorn. I call on it for long straight bombs. True fairway finder.

Wow it’s been almost forever since I had a Callaway driver in the bag. It was the early days of titanium driver heads. I had tried others and hit moon shots with them. Then I tried the BBB in 6* loft.

1651666212296.png
Finally had something to keep the ball flight down!!! These days of course my drives with that club would look like chip shots but back then I had the club speed to support it, plus the balls were much spinnier off the driver.

Original Callaway Rogue... Bought it used because it was longer and straighter than all the new drivers on the rack.

So are people who have never had a Callaway driver ineligible?
No, certainly I would imagine everybody has at least tried one.
If they haven't, it seems like a great opportunity to head to a store to do it.

Back