CONTEST Your Gear: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Remember this guy? FT-IQ - Square head. Straight as could be, but not long, now resides in the cabinet.

View attachment 9085769

Holy smokes - I saw a guy hitting one of these at the range last week! I'd never seen one before. My thought was: "What the heck is THAT?!?" The guy wasn't hitting it very well either.

2020 Rogue. Solid performer; laser-straight and long. Will produce a draw if required. Pretty blue color too!

BB Alpha 815. I was fascinated by the flip gravity core and didn't think anyone would top that technology. Wrong! :LOL:

Big Bertha Warbird hand-me-down. I was so excited to graduate from my junior driver to a real club.

2012 Razr Fit. Stiff shaft. Sliced less, didnt go sky high. I was able to start to target shots successfully

X2 hot. That driver helped me with distance so much, and I needed it.

Entry:

I’ve never gamed a Callaway, never liked the look of them. The new Rogue has definitely changed that for me.

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and three teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #3 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

View attachment 9085677

The Contest
We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special. Today we are talking about your history with their drivers.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about the last (or current) Callaway driver you used and your thoughts on it. You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your last Callaway driver that you had in the bag. You don't have to be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about equipment, so tell us about the driver.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday).

View attachment 9085676

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through Saturday the 7th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant sometime shortly after.

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and three teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #3 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

View attachment 9085677

The Contest
We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special. Today we are talking about your history with their drivers.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about the last (or current) Callaway driver you used and your thoughts on it. You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your last Callaway driver that you had in the bag. You don't have to be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about equipment, so tell us about the driver.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday).

View attachment 9085676

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through Saturday the 7th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant sometime shortly after.

Big Bertha Fusion given to me by a friend who bought a new driver. Loved that driver.

Rogue ST Max: Classy looks with modern day performance. Dropping bombs through the fairways because the driver exceeded expectations.

Last edited:
Of the hundreds of golf clubs that I've owned and played, my all-time favorite is The Deuce. Pure brilliance.

Ol’ reliable Epic Flash was recently put back in the bag and now my tee game is no longer sad

Big Bertha Reva – designed for my slower swing speed and incredibly forgiving. Even my misses are better than before.

Epic Driver - Played for a couple years, until I totally wore it out. It was fun while it lasted.

Participants, the next Episode of Off Course features the captain of Team Callaway and you don’t want to miss that.
I'm not a participant, but I'm excited about this! We have a four hour drive to Coeur d'Alene on Friday and I don't care what the wife says...we are listening!

I need to go through here and read these entries...it is always fun!

My Epic Speed TD feels buttery/hot at impact. Add the neutral look at address and it's a perfect match!

Original Rogue was first driver that made it in my bag. It’s time to try out the Rogue ST drivers.

OG Epic.
The dawn of Jailbreak.
Most excited I've ever been for a driver to show up.
Bombs for days.

Official Entry-

Rogue Sub Zero. My first round I hit 13/14 Fairways. I don’t hit 13/14 fairways.

End entry, cue comments on that round.

I thought I’d found my driver for life (or the year at least). I hit low cuts where appropriate, drew the snot out of it on a couple sharp dogleg 5’s. Hit through a 10 yard wide tree gap 270 out to drive a green much further beyond that. My only miss wasn’t even. I clipped a branch while hitting an otherwise perfect tight draw that would have split the FW. It was really the only branch on a dead tree in my flight window and only an inch wide otherwise it would have center cut the FW. Oh well, there’ll be no 14/14 with driver only (I consider driving a green as a FW hit on a 4?)

Obviously this trend didn’t continue, but it was still an excellent driver. 9* with green dot turned to 7*.

Need to get this back to the top where it belongs!

Read some nice entries and see that some have not played a Callaway Driver. For a chance to get in the Grandaddy I would run to Dicks, Golf Galaxy, PGA Superstore, or whatever is local to you and test out the new Rogue St driver. Plenty of time to tell the forum why a Callaway driver is for you.

Rogue St Max 9 degree

Forgiving and confidence inspiring. Long with great sound and amazing appearance. Love it!

Back