CONTEST Your Gear: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Epic Max LS 9*. Longest driver I've ever used by far, and dispersion is really good too. BOMBER!

2014 BB. Love the flexibility the OG APW provides. Love the forgiveness from the Hyper Speed Face. Love Big Bertha.

You hit it well and yet that was the last time the brand was in the bag?

Not the last time, I kept it in play until the mid-90 when the the Titleist Howitzer came out and switched to that for about 4 years. I loved the sound of the Titleist. I still have two of them in the closet.

Epic SZ. Loved the sound. Went for days, but I needed more forgiveness. Or a better driver swing.

Just supporting The G…
——
B21. Weight low forward AND forgiveness is just what this hacker needed to find more fairways without giving up distance.

Rogue ST Max is a high bomber that just wants to go straight!

I've never used a Callaway driver before. Relatively newer to the game. Good luck everyone!

Man, excited to see who is getting picked.

Started back longdriving, LOVE my Callaway Epic Speed LD current long drive is 372 yards, gotta get longer and straighter!
Dont forget to check out the entire first post.
You are going to want to join the Albatross Club to enter THP Experiences.

Contest Time, Geoduck everyone!

The last Calloway driver I used was a Big Bertha. it's been 20+ years since I had that in my bag at least that's how long it feels like!

Dont forget to check out the entire first post.
You are going to want to join the Albatross Club to enter THP Experiences.
You're going to want to join because it's an awesome charity to support.

The potential "winning" is icing on that cake.

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and three teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #3 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

View attachment 9085677

The Contest
We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special. Today we are talking about your history with their drivers.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about the last (or current) Callaway driver you used and your thoughts on it. You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your last Callaway driver that you had in the bag. You don't have to be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about equipment, so tell us about the driver.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday).

View attachment 9085676

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through Saturday the 7th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant sometime shortly after.
Official Entry:

Unfortunately, I have never had a Callaway driver in my bag. I would love to try one.

Last edited:
Bumping to the top.

I love reading about how Callaway drivers worked for everyone's game.

My favorite piece of tech in callaway products is jailbreak. I was introduced to jailbreak in my Epic Subzero and I've been a believer since.

My favorite piece of tech in callaway products is jailbreak. I was introduced to jailbreak in my Epic Subzero and I've been a believer since.
When they introduced it, I think it was DNevs on here talking about how much the head flexes and the top plate and sole move away from each other at impact and it was kind of mind bending.

Just wait til you get to Carlsbad and they are able to go over everything that is planned with AI and the face of the club moving forward!

And, I find it so interesting how using A.I. have changed the jailbreak into a jailbreak frame to make the driver even more stable. Can't wait to hear where Callaway is going next.

I just hope I get that experience Afizzle - everything about this sounds world altering.

Once they explain the long game….you realize it is world altering.

I’ll be rooting for you (and everyone else) to get a spot so you can hear for yourself!

With what was just mentioned above, we still have today and maybe a couple more to get those entries in.

20 words to go test or tell about a Callaway driver and make it stand out. 20 words to take part in the greatest amateur experience of a lifetime.

Rogue Draw was the one that performed the best for me, however most recent was the Bug Bertha B21:

Was great at fighting my slice, but I had some spin and launch issues that forced me to retire it.

Back