Your goals in golf for 2021.

Pretty simple for me: play more...

Some lofty goals but #1 is by far paramount, still have some work and recovery before 1st round but have 3 months before tee it up.

1). Stay/play healthy all season
2) Get my 7th HIO
3). Get HC below 5
4). Shoot under par

Get down into low double / high single digit handicap (or better)
Work on my consistency (which will help the above)
Do some Golf related training daily (even if only my Daily 30 putts that I have been posting in the "golf stuff today thread" At least for now the new mat is helping keep that fun.
Get out more often and play even if it is just me alone adding myself to another group.
Play more varied courses. Already starting with (Health advisory permitting) 3 in Kelowna in April booked with a meetup group I am in.
Get fitter in general but also with Golf in Mind.
Got back to lessons when I can.

EDIT: Also booked my first round of the year at another new course close to me with three buddies. Playing Feb 6th.

My goals are to have more rounds under 100 than over and to break 90 at least once. I’m not sure which one is going to be harder to achieve.

I actually have two goals this year that are unlike what I have done in the past.

1. I want to do a full ball fitting for myself. I really want to try and analyze the different new golf balls and truly find the correct ball for my swing and game.

2. Practice more and with a goal. I have gone to the range many times, but seemingly just for fun or to hit balls when I didn't have time to get out and play a round. I would like to make an actual goal of getting some serious practice time with the idea of working on different aspects of my game to improve.

break 90...take more lessons. play more golf.

I’ve been building a garage simulator (got a Mevo+ on order) so a lot of my time will be spent there. My goals are to:

Start collecting data on my game.
Build some consistency in my swing.
Play a real course at least once a month.
Score in the 80’s. (Stretch goal: doubt this one will happen)

get as many rounds in that I can. Buy a whole new set of Taylormade clubs except putter. Hopefully get in to a THP event.

I want my Club Championship title back.

Didn't meet my goal last year of breaking 80 so keep that same goal. Going to get there by improving my putting and playing smarter (course management)

What are your goals in golf for 2021. More rounds, specific courses, game improvement.

For me I’ve set a goal to reduce my handicap to single digit from 15. Lofty goal maybe. If I can eliminate the blowup hole per 9 will help. Sim time is helping with swing flaws. My biggest issue is I get lazy in my back swing and don’t make a full turn. If and when I get lazy it results in a right push due to club face being open.

To make sure I stay committed to this goal
I’m not buying new clubs until it’s attained.
Wish me luck. What are your goals.
Same as any other year: play more golf and have more fun on the course.

Play more for sure. I logged 5, I think, rounds last year and maybe a couple more the year before. I'd like to get to play at least once a month.

-Play more golf. Period.
-Build a set of irons from components. (Gotta do some research on that)
-Try to get to a single digit handicap. (GHIN is 12.9 currently)

Definitely want to walk all my local rounds, plus improve my round count.

Like to break 80 at least once this year as well as try not to go over 90 each round

Play more golf
Get my girls more involved
Qualify for with the Minnesota State Am or Open
Win the Club Championship
Win the belt back at the Grandaddy while have a ton of fun with my teammates

Just to keep playing, and practicing 4-5 days a week.

My game is deteriorating due to age, and I just want to slow that deterioration down as much as possible.

Try to keep my streak of breaking 90 for as many rounds as possible. Break 80 on a few rare occasions. No 6s on my score card.

I think everyone should have a "no #" for their score cards, rather it be 6s, 7s, or 8s based on their golf talents. It's a very "old school" thought, but it has a positive impact on one's final score.

My main goals are to both play more rounds (only got three rounds in 2020) and to be back to being more active on THP after three long years of project work that had me traveling and working long hours that made golf tough. I would love to make it to another THP event, or at least reconnect for a round with some of the great people I have met here over the years.

Reactions: J4U
Main goal is to get handicap from 10.1 to 8. I'm still figuring out the smaller stat related goals to get there. I think the most important thing is figuring out a swing that doesn't bother my back. Had a few rounds that were just absolute crap due to a tight low back. So far this offseason I think I'm on to something.

I knew I forgot a goal. That is to bring 2 people I play with here to THP!!

My main goals are to both play more rounds (only got three rounds in 2020) and to be back to being more active on THP after three long years of project work that had me traveling and working long hours that made golf tough. I would love to make it to another THP event, or at least reconnect for a round with some of the great people I have met here over the years.
I need a rematch! Good to see you around here!

Take more lessons, play as much as possible, have fun.

1) Have fun and enjoy every round.
2) Play at least as many rounds as last year (152).
3) Break 80 at least once.
4) Get handicap below 15.

Play more and play better..

I need a rematch! Good to see you around here!

My friend, a rematch right now might be a 10 & 8, but it is a beating I would gladly take. Hope you are doing well.

Reactions: J4U
At this current moment in time, my aim for 2021 is just to get back on a course to play

But assuming things get back to a bit more normality, I would like to improve a bit more and see if I can get a number of rounds under 80
Once things open up, I expect my handicap to creep up, but I would like to have it at no worse than where it begins the year

Back