Your golf ball of choice for the upcoming season and why?

I haven't chosen one yet as I am going to have fun for the next month doing a full ball test to see what wins out for 2021.

Not decided 100% yet but based on reviews on the "ghost ball" ball I think I will give Bridgestone E12 an honest go.

I've got a lot of Z-Star and B-RX leftover from last year, but I'm very interested in possibly moving the to the CSX LS ball. Seems to fit my swing profile well and I'm a big fan of triple track. Only thing holding me up on it is the near $50 a dozen price tag.

Snell MTB Black. Feel and perform like a $50/12 ball for $28/12.

Early on will be testing out the ERC Soft and E12 Contact head to head to see which works better in that price range (early edge to ERC due to Triple Track). Should things really click with my game so I'm not losing balls so frequently, I'll add the CS and CSX LS to the testing equation.

I've got a stash of Tour B XS that I'll play for a while. It suits my game well and mostly makes me feel good about myself, playing the same ball as Tiger and all. :LOL::LOL:

TT Chrome Soft because I got 4 dozen for free with my Callaway rewards points. After that, who knows.

I've got a dozen each of the THP Championship Flaming Canadian Chicken Truvis CS and CSX. I have not played CS too much in the past, and this was a good excuse to support those that support the forum. Have a dozen TP5x Pix 2, and plan to get a dozen each of new ZStar models. That sets up a 5 way ball shootout, I will see where the dust settles.

Not final since I don’t have them in hand yet but the CSx LS are going to be up against the CSx and Tour B RX

Have been playing taylor made tp5 and tour response. Going to give some Bridgestone a chance.

Titleist folk might want to check out the deal of the day thread. Free balls!

Bridgestone Tour B X is likely to continue as the gamer. Nicely balanced golf ball that pops off driver and doesn't feel like it is a rock around greens. Nice amount of spin. Tour B RX will likely get some early season colder weather use.

I will test the new Pro V1/V1x and TP5/TP5x. Maybe one or two others as well. B X doesn't come in yellow, and I quite enjoyed the times I played the TM balls last year.

Old reliable Pro V1x, preferably in yellow.

Z Star Tour Yellow from last year. I bought 4 dozen just before Christmas.

Being a short knocker of the ball, it will be the Bridgestone e6 for me.

Couple of reasons. ONE- its readily available at just about every store that sells golf stuff. TWO- at $21+/- a dozen, this ball gives me the most bang for my money.

I will continue to try other new balls as they come on the market, but unless they show me some decent, positive changes, the e6 is my standard.

Hopefully Bridgestone won't discontinue the e6 line, just to get people to move to another of their balls.

I’m playing the Cut Blue.

need help with spin to help improve peak height. And I still loose a lot of balls so price is part of the equation.
Bonus, I never need to mark my ball. If I find a Cut, it’s mine.

Looking forward to trying the new Pro V1's this year, but I may go back and forth a bit with the bridgestones

I'm planning on continuing to use the W/S DUO Professional in matte green for league tournaments.

Of course, I wouldn't be a THPer if I wasn't planning on testing other new releases.

More than likely will be 2020 Chrome Soft Truvis again. But I am very open to testing.

For the the first month or two of the season will be any ball that is round. (because I will loose all of these)

Then after that will be Maxfli Tour until Fall. (with a dicks coupon and the 2 dozen for $50 sale its $1.60 a ball that is as good as any tour ball for my game)

Then will be Wilson Duo Soft until winter. (its soft and feels good when its cold out)

Playing through my TP5x practice balls and Snell MTB from last year. All things being equal I like both balls a ton. Probably the Snell's but both are good. I am playing the Snells first and then I will play through the TP5x balls. No reason other than I want to play the same consistently. I haven't lost more than 2 balls in a round other than 1 aberration last week in 6 months. Most rounds are same ball or 1 ball. I am retiring balls for the first time ever. But I should last the rest of 2021 on my current inventory.

I have about 5 dozen balls in the house a mixture of ProV1x, some older ProVs, some TP5X and some Srixon ZStars. That should carry me for a while.

Back