Your golf ball of choice for the upcoming season and why?

Yeah, ain’t doing the one sentence thing.

Most likely I’ll play the TourB RX. Sometimes they’re hard to come by in local pro shops. I’m very intrigued by the Chrome Soft LS (I think that’s the correct name but it’s the new low spin one). I’m sure that’ll see some time. Can’t wait to hit Trackman with one and compare it to the new TourB RX and the AVX.

I still have 7 dozen of the 2018 or 2019 model Bridgestone Tour B XS. I personally didnt see or notice a difference with the new Bridgestone's to warrant changing, but also having that much stock of a ball I haven't been in a hurry to change

for 2021 im most tempted to go back to TP5x since the new one spins a bit more

I have more Srixons to lose before buying anything else -- a mix of Q Star Tour and SoftFeel.

I still have a stash of the CSX TT to go through. After that it will be testing to see which of the new balls I prefer. It will be another triple track ball.

2021 Titleist Pro V1x because it flies noticeably higher and farther, has ample spin and consistently around the green, and the cover is amazingly almost bullet-proof.

Having received them as gifts, and with a stock from previous seasons, I am committing to the ProV1 until I run out.

The last couple of years I have been using QS Tour during the warm weather and Wilson Duo during the cold weather. It has become apparent that I score better with the Duo regardless of season and I’d be better retiring the QS.
For me scoring is mostly about putting, the Duo comes off the putter face soft and true more often than not.

Last edited:
Titleist left dash. Just loaded up on them with the loyalty deal. Spin killer.

OI just picked up a dozen of the Callaway Chromesoft X TT. Gonna see how they do tomorrow morning when i tee of at 740am

Pro V1

....there are other balls?

Like last year, I'm still non-committed as to golf ball.

Balls I've trusted most, in descending order are the Duo-Pro, Z-Star, RB Tour, MTB Black and Z-Star XV.

Never committed to any, not for any real stretch of time.

I don't like the feel of X balls and only give the XV a chance here and there because it has performed well for me. Hate the feel, though.

I'm playing the Titleist AVX and while with the lower ball flight, i may see less distance however, i fight a slice and feel like i keep the AVX in the fairway better and i'm ok with that tradeoff.

Last edited:
Vice Pros at least to start as I have four dozen I got from Half Price golf balls still left from last year. After I lose all of those I'll see what is on sale at the time.

Chrome Soft X is my #1 ball. It's perfect. Great speed, great spin, great feel, great flight - everything I want. I also like the availability of Triple Track and Truvis if I so desire to shake things up at any point.

Chrome Soft is next up. It's not a perfect fit for me but I enjoy using them in the winter/spring when the ground is saturated and the temps are cold.

Also, I've fully locked and loaded with 15 dozen canada cock'n'hot chicken truvis. Errrr....might be down to 14 dozen already.

I play most any premium ball that coincides with my swing speed (92mph), Titlest Prov1/x, Srixon Zstar, TM TP5/x, Bridgestone BRX/S, preferably in yellow. Any one of these balls works well for me. I really do not like non-urethane covered balls. Over the last two years I have won my supply of golf balls during tournament play.

Definitely trying the chromesoft x ls after hearing Jason Finley talk about them!

Maxfli Tour X. You just cant beat it for the performance and price. Im definitely going to check out the new balls from Srixon, Bridgestone and Mizuno though.

Sticking with Srixon Z Star

Snell MTB-X in yellow ,because I can see it and it gives me a higher launch with the driver than the Srixon Q StarTour or Callaway Crome Solft Trivis that I have been using.

Tour B X is the incumbent and will likely stick with that. Only thing I might be interested in trying is the TP5X Pix

Slower swing speed for me, so I am using Chrome soft. Pretty good distance.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Battle between CSX and CSX LS. Best ball all last year

I bought 4 dozen of the Vice Pro Soft and 1 dozen of the Vice Pro last fall. I still have the majority of them left but I like having a urethane covered ball in red so I can see them and have some spin with my wedges.

Back