Your golf ball of choice for the upcoming season and why?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
In a sentence... what ball have you chosen for the upcoming season and why?

1 sentence:

Waaay too early for decisions that big when some aren't even out yet.

I guess my go to ball is the Taylormade TP5. But, I also like the ProV1 and ChromeSoft as well. Performance is similar. Comes down to price when needing more balls.

No decision yet. But I want to test some more the new Prov1X, Srixon XV, and Callaway CSXLS when released.

Actually looking for a new ball.
Currently using the oncore elixr, and have a decent stash. I want to move away from them because they are too spinny on approach shots.

Currently testing out both zstar models. Meh.
Will be looking at the csx and csx ls next.

Last edited:
Likely sticking with the Bridgestone RX again. Seems to work well for my game.

It will be the Chrome Softs that I have from last year, but when those are gone, I will try out the new Chrome Soft X LS.

Likely sticking with the Bridgestone RX again. Seems to work well for my game.
I play the Bridgestone Tour RXS and find it outstanding :)

No decision yet since I can’t play or test outside but leader in the clubhouse is Srixon Z-star closely behind is the Bridgestone Tour B RX

Its going to be the year supply of srixon balls i had won from THP in the gram a few weeks back.. I'm excited to get them and put them in play, season looks to be be good to go next week 😎

Actually looking for a new ball.
Currently using the incore elixr, and have a decent stash. I want to move away from them because they are too spinny on approach shots.

Currently testing out both zstar models. Meh.
Will be looking at the csx and csx ls next.
Can't get the Elixr here in the UK :(

Q Star/Tour because they work well enough and I’m stocked up

Srixon Q Star Tour as of now because I have 2 dozen left from last season. After that, 🤷‍♂️

Its going to be the year supply of srixon balls i had won from THP in the gram a few weeks back.. I'm excited to get them and put them in play, season looks to be be good to go next week 😎
Awesome :D

No decisions made yet.

I going to continue playing the Titleist Pro V1 most likely, but I want to get my Morgan Cup clubs in first before finalizing my decision.

Titleist ProV1x. Love this ball

Probably the Srixon Z-Star XV and Snell MTB-X since I have quite a bit of inventory to hit in the woods.

Still going with the OnCore Avant55. Why?: Consistency. I know how it will perform.

However I have been trying out the Cut Orange lately and it is pretty similar.

Ball I used last year and current favorite is the Chrome Soft. But, I just got a dozen Bridgestone Tour B RXS that I'm looking forward to trying.

I’m still undecided at this point. It will probably be either the Callaway Supersoft, Bridgestone e12 Contact, or Srixon QStar Tour.

Supersoft has been it for the last few years even though I’ve tried a few others. We’ll see if anything can unseat it this year.

Main ball will be the Tour B RXS, but will play the new e12 Contact as needed and probably the OnCore Elixr at times.

Srixon Q Star Tour. Found one on the course last year and went quite a few rounds without losing it. Loved the feel with it and felt I was scoring well with it. Probably psychological but it’s worth a try!

I've still got a handful of Wilson Staff yellow ones. When those are gone then it's going to be some Kirkland's I bought at Costco, a dozen Bridgestone, a couple of Mizuno, some Cut blue, and whatever else I have until I have to buy more.:)

2021 will be a Triple Track ball for me; I like the CSX but still want to try the new ERC and the CSX LS.

Back