Your help is needed...loft

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
Ok, stumbled upon a hybrid and it replaced my Wilson Fybrid (I really like) 19.5. Adams Pro Gold 20* with Matrix Ozik (love these shafts). Basically, the trajectory is more boring and it is longer for me than the Wilson. In my mind, I know the gaps this will help with when my 3w is too long. So...I now am deterimed to snag another one adn replcae my 24* Fybrid.
Problem, the Pro Gold only comes in 23 or 26. MY 5 iron is 27*, but I still am not near where I need to be with the 5i. Obviusly one degree isn't a big difference, but of course a hybrid is going to fly longer than the 5i for me.

Basically, I want the hybrid for those up and over shots when my long iron game isn't on that day. I'm truly leaning towards the 26*, as I'm assuming/hoping the suspected yardage it will cover is going to come up more for me than where I'd need the 23. Like on long par 3's when my irons are pooping out on me.

So, any thoughts? And don't talk me out of it:D

Wait I am confused. Just 4 days ago you had your super long post declaring that the FyBrid was the club for you. Now you are changing?

Wait I am confused. Just 4 days ago you had your super long post declaring that the FyBrid was the club for you. Now you are changing?

Wait a minute - this is Scooter we're talking about JB. This should be EXPECTED! :banana:

I say, ditch the 5 iron and pick up the 26* Hybrid. My game has been a lot better since Ive done it.

I know its Scooter. But he is my friend and I want to see him get better at this game. Changing clubs every week does not help...hehe

I'm the opposite of Scooter, I think. I keep my clubs TOO long!

well seeing as how I just spent 415.00 for those tour edges and I had my 3rd sub 100 round with them today I won't be switching anytime soon, don't have any extra $$$$

So my humble opinion is beware of the shaft length of the hybrid you are looking at for replacement of your iron. In my case I previously replaced my 5 iron for a hybrid, but...the hybrid was quite a bit longer than the 5 iron in shaft length which translated into a BIG gap between my 5H and 6I. I subsequently shortened the 5H shaft length and the gap was dramatically reduced.

This is all old for me because I then bought the A3 irons from Adams which have hybrid down to 5 and are a matching set.

I am not sure if this makes sense, just trying to help.

Does help.
Let me clarify...I will keep the 5i in the bag. Just sorta thinking out loud here with would the 23 or 26 fit my needed gaps better. Sometimes I go to hybrids for anything more than a 7 iron, as i love working hybrids and being easy to hit helps!

Sometimes I go to hybrids for anything more than a 7 iron, as i love working hybrids and being easy to hit helps!

You got that right scooter!

Ha!
I'd love to carry 3 hyrbids, but I truly don't have the need.

Back