Your Highest One Hole Score?

Going to guess it wasn’t recorded and we just carded a double hole score or something to move along. Most of growing up I maybe played once a year so it could get ugly really quick.

highest anytime in recent memory was probably a 6 or 7 on a par 3 after going OB and a bad shot again on the 3rd off the tee.

I have carded a 13 on a par 3. Was not pretty. I have had a couple holes i have just picked up in the past it was so bad. Hasnt happened in a long time though. ::knockonwood::

16 on a par 5 when I first started playing. What I thought was worse a 12, at least, on a par 3. 130 yard over with 125 carry, wet, drop zone only 60 and tried to get cute with a flop, wet again. Not going to do that again so long in the bunker, bladed across green, wet again, at least 9 on and a 3 putt. Like another poster said, have tried to erase the memory but it just won't go away.

I'm sure I had higher when I first started back in college, but recently had an 11 on a par 4. This hole gets me every time. 411 yard par 4 with water on the left starting at just under 200 yards. OB down the right and on the left where there's not water. The pond cuts into the fairway, so it gets really narrow beyond 200 yards. Hit driver right and OB, re-teed and hit my second drive in the water hazard, chunked my next shot which rolled into the water, then finally hit one to the green, but it rolled off the edge. Finally got the ball on the green in 8 and then three-putted for an 11. :beat-up::surrender:

12 on a par 4, which involved a couple of lost balls and drops, terrible chip shots (yes, plural), and knocking the ball around the green with my putter like I didn't know what I was doing.

One of those moments when I asked myself why I bother to play this game. A couple holes later, I birdied a par 3.

Its still mindboggling to me so many have never done something like this or similar....
Send a ball from tee into woods and retee and do it again. Then hit 6 to fairway and chunk two in a row 7,8 then hit to bunker 9 then 2 to get out 10,11 but still chip on 12 then 3 putt for 15. or how about lose three balls on one hole , chunk or blade a few shots more and etc and not hit a good shot the entire hole.

I just find it incredible that so many were never at all ever that poor at playing a single hole so badly. Its truly amazing how easy this game has come to so many. It makes me realize yet again how much an anomaly I am as for struggling life long for consistency vs so many others. I mean so many have never played that poorly ever since they began keeping a score? Wow am I a spaz at this game cause i can still do that today after decades. I hope many realize how truly lucky they are that they never had to put up with that much failure.

maybe some of us have holes that just stick out & can remember. Doesn't mean that we haven't made a 12 or 14 on a hole. Just means that there are certain holes that you remember for whatever reason.

Like my story. I've never hit that many balls in the water on one hole. Even though it happened 30+ years ago, I still remember it. And I haven't done that since. But that doesn't mean that I haven't played a hole since where I put a few lost balls in the trees & said the hell with it & picked up.

I made a 15 on a par 5 while attempting to qualify for the club championship a few weeks ago. o_O Was not playing great thru 9 but was keeping it together enough to be in the mix. Then we get to hole 11, a 556 yd par 5 with OB left and right. And punishing fescue. And a menacing fairway bunker complex. A tough freaking hole that I play well 2 in 10 times.

11hole.jpg

So with about a billion bad thoughts racing thru my head on the teebox I proceeded to snap hook one onto the farm that is OB left. Re-teed 3 and blocked that into a backyard OB right. I utilized a local rule to take a 2 stroke penalty and drop in the fairway at the point my second tee ball crossed OB. Still 300 or so yards from the green with these massive bunkers to cover I pull out 3 wood, which is a dicey enough play under the best conditions. When the wheels have fallen off and my head is spinning, it is impossible. So I proceed to stone cold top my next two swings so bad I almost missed the ball completely. They created the saddest little pop ups from the ball being driven directly into the ground with the sole of the club and about 10 total yards advancement.

I can't quite remember what happens after that but it includes a lost ball in the fescue and probably a 4 putt. And a 15 on the card.

I can't recall all of the details of my 13 on a Par 5, but it involved a four putt and four to get out of a bunker.

I know I had a 12 or 13 on a par 4 back in the day. I can't remember the exact shots but I do remember an OB or 2 being involved.

Back