Your Home Course Apparel?

Its amazing how much the logo matters to me. I had a conversation with some THPers about that very thing and PGA National, as I am not a huge fan of their logo.

yeah, there are courses whose logo just doesn't do it for me and some are big courses. Then we play a place like Coronado and I really liked the hat with its logo on it.

yeah, there are courses whose logo just doesn't do it for me and some are big courses. Then we play a place like Coronado and I really liked the hat with its logo on it.
I like our club's logo and didnt at all like our previous clubs, it is definitely part of the decision process.

I buy most of my hats and some shirts from the pro shop. Usually I am using credit from tournaments. We actually got some pretty good Puma stuff in a couple months ago. The logo below is our old logo. Supposedly it's Ben Hogan and they never got permission to use it and were told last year to stop.
1637689714980.png
Here is the new logo.
1637689858535.png

I love collecting visors from courses I play, my home course doesn't carry any high-crown visors, but if I play a course, and they sell them, almost guaranteed I am buying one.

Always on the lookout for cool course logos, even on eBay

I am wearing a logo item from my club right now. We have a great logo and I have a few pieces of clothing from them. I haven’t been there that long so I don’t have that much yet.

Non existent! The logo is bad and they don’t like making money for some reason.

I often buy a piece or two each season. Support local and all that. In fact, I am wearing a Foot Joy 1/4 zip with Montcalm logo at work today.

I love collecting visors from courses I play, my home course doesn't carry any high-crown visors, but if I play a course, and they sell them, almost guaranteed I am buying one.

Always on the lookout for cool course logos, even on eBay
I’m a sucker for cool logos, but generally I have to have played the course at least once if I’m going to buy/wear the logo.

I picked up a headcover for my hybrid, but would like a shirt of some kind. The cold weather gear is a bit sparse and all of their polos are too big. I am biding my time, but I will get something.

The two Waukesha County courses I play don't have much of a selection. The club I play at has been around since the 1930s and has a huge selection of shirts and hats. I have a couple of way over priced club logoed hats, no shirts.

I support the club and spend money there including logo bearing items. It's the least I can do since I don't have to pay dues and there is no monthly spending requirement. Please don't ask where since I can't get any of you the no dues deal. I will also buy occasional logo items from other clubs only if I like the logo and the item is reasonably priced.

logo.png

My claimed home course is just a solid local muni. Small pro shop so not a lot of apparel options but I do own 1 shirt.

My home course's selection of shirts and pullovers is either Footjoy or Horn Legend. Caps are Titleist and Titleist. The logo is the Ole Miss script.
1637768952330.png
I have one Horn Legend shirt with it. I have a couple of caps with the same logo but they aren't from the course.

I wish the had this logo on some items.

1637769133015.png

Same as anywhere....

If you are a member of a club or have a course that you call your home course, do you support their pro shop? Have any shirts or hats with the logo? What are your thoughts on course logos?

we have two courses. One very old school traditional and one modern and less traditional.

one of the logos is as expected. A "shield" crest type of logo. The other is a Fox. One is cool and one needs to be updated. I own many items from both courses. I'd much rather support local than big box....at least from an apparel perspective.

I think from a "logo" perspective, I like more crest / shield / traditional style than I do animal etc style.

I was a supporter but will be a free agent after next month and currently not repping their gear.

My claimed home course is just a solid local muni. Small pro shop so not a lot of apparel options but I do own 1 shirt.
Same here. Ours is owned by a nearby town. We're not members, but we play there more than anywhere else, which I guess makes it our home course. It has a very small "pro shop" that's really more of a corner with some stuff for sale. They've never had a shirt in my size when I'm there, or I would absolutely buy one.

I'd also add, if I don't like the brand the logo is on, I simply won't buy it.

Our pro shops are transitioning from Greg Norman, Puma, Nike, Adidas, Under Armour

to more lifestyle brands next season:
Peter Millar, Straight Down, Johnnie-o, Travis Matthew, (keeping FJ), RLX, etc.

for some reason they've been hesitant to make this change. I'm al for it. They're going less hard goods and more soft goods and better brands.

I think it's a smart decision.

I have a couple shirts with the course logo on it, but they're slightly different and they do not match the logo on the web site, either. Seems we have some branding issues.

I have a couple of shirts and 2 hats from my home course MeadowWood GC.
I love the logo (text) on one of the hats. It just says..... The Wood

Yeah, I have a few shirts with the course logo, and also we have custom Truvis with our logo which is cool.

We have some really good stuff in our pro shop. I have a Footjoy wind top with the logo on that I really like. They also have some really nice logo’d Travis Matthew tops, but they are pricey.

Not a member, but if I was, I'd have a shirt or 2 with their logo on it.

I love the vineyard vines polo shirts and buy them frequently. I also bought a beautiful logoed Links and Kings putter cover along with things like my bushnell wingman. If they have clothes, apparel and accessories I like then I prefer to get them there.

I do support, have hats, quarter zips and polos. I am a big fan.

Back