Your Home Course Apparel?

Antler.jpg
Kings.jpg

These are the two I play the most outside of the executive course down the road. I only own a hat from King's, nothing from antler.

I support the pro shop and have lots of logo items (head cover, 1/4 zips, shirts, hats, ball marker, etc.). The logo is nice except it's a plant found in the native areas on the course. That &$#@ plant is hard on your scorecard.

No because a) I find the logo incredibly boring
1637782557586.png

and b) I am opposed to it being named after who it is named after. I don't have a choice but to go to work at Fort Gordon, but I likely won't buy their stuff until the installation and (hopefully) the course are renamed.

If you are a member of a club or have a course that you call your home course, do you support their pro shop? Have any shirts or hats with the logo? What are your thoughts on course logos?

This is an interesting question because I have a somwhwat odd answer.

I do, out of guilt, buy a couple of logo polos at least from our pro each year.
But I don't wear them on the course.
They have semi-tails, so I would have to tuck them in.

I wear woven, not knit, Caribbean style four-pocket shirts on the golf course with flat, even bottoms that are made to stay out'
You know, the kind that almost look like barber jackets in shape..

That's because I like to play wearing suspenders under them.
I have my dry cleaner sew suspender buttons on my golf trousers.
That way, I'm not always tugging at them.

Do I look like Xavier Cugat or Dezi Arnez, circa 1955? Probably, but I'm comfortable.

This is an interesting question because I have a somwhwat odd answer.

I do, out of guilt, buy a couple of logo polos at least from our pro each year.
But I don't wear them on the course.
They have semi-tails, so I would have to tuck them in.

I wear woven, not knit, Caribbean style four-pocket shirts on the golf course with flat, even bottoms that are made to stay out'
You know, the kind that almost look like barber jackets in shape..

That's because I like to play wearing suspenders under them.
I have my dry cleaner sew suspender buttons on my golf trousers.
That way, I'm not always tugging at them.

Do I look like Xavier Cugat or Dezi Arnez, circa 1955? Probably, but I'm comfortable.

Wow, thorough and unique answer. Why guilt about buying shirts you won't wear though?

I've got a Polo and a golf towel I carry on my bag. 20211124_182139.jpg

Wow, thorough and unique answer. Why guilt about buying shirts you won't wear though?

I definitely wear and like them. Just not playing golf.
I believe in supporting your club's professional at least a little bit.

He's not selling many golf clubs these days. Caps, polos... you know what pro shops are like in these modern times.
It doesn't kill the members to buy one once in a while.

Peter Millar and FJ

Not my favorites although Millar has some designs I like on their site.

Logos - depends on the design.

All of my hats and bags have my course logo on it

No current course to call home but I support the club on Bald ahead Island and have heat from
The last 5 years of visiting.

UrbanaCountryClubUrbanaOH_1439745929.jpg

I like ours. I have a 1/4 zip with one of the logos.

If you are a member of a club or have a course that you call your home course, do you support their pro shop? Have any shirts or hats with the logo? What are your thoughts on course logos?
I love course logos. I don't own a golf shirt that doesn't have a logo on it from a course I've played. Sadly that doesn't include my home course - I just don't care for the logo.

I try to get a logo’ed hat and shirt from every course I play, it’s kinda my thing, but I don’t have anything from my home course because their design is just gawdawful. Every time I go in I look to see if they have anything decent but even when they change it just gets worse. Still, I hold out hope that someday I’ll get my chance to buy all kinds of stuff from them.

As I have played for a couple of the teams, I have a couple shirts with our course name and logo on

I have also purchased a 1/4 zip and a jacket that I wear whilst out and about or to work

20211125_150821.jpg

I’ve only recently purchased polos with the course logo on it. But they just went with Straight Down apparel this year so that makes the decision easier

My course has a great selection and I do support it more than I should haha. Mostly Travis Mathew, FJ, RLX, Peter Millar but they do sprinkle in some JL and some cheaper C&B options.
My only gripe is that my course's logo is kinda lame, so you'd never go out of your way to have it on your clothes.

My "Home" Course doesn't really have a good logo, so I honestly haven't bought anything from them...

My home course has a small and abysmal selection of women's clothes so no.

My club posted these on the gram earlier. I like it. Will probably pick one up next time I’m down.
0DC665ED-62B9-48A0-B368-69B7724A1421.jpeg

Don't have a home course. I play around. I do love the Straight Down logo.

I have hats and polos with the club logo. I pick the product first regardless of whether it has a logo or not.

Back