YOUR most disliked pro golfer of all time?

Always called him Bozo. I hated his goofy outfits. I know for a fact I ain't the only one.
Maybe not alone, but that’s a tiny island you all are on 🤣

Maybe not alone, but that’s a tiny island you all are on 🤣
Well before my time, but didn’t he rub a lot of people the wrong way with his hot-headedness early in his career?

Well before my time, but didn’t he rub a lot of people the wrong way with his hot-headedness early in his career?
Oh for sure. And we don’t like hot headedness in this game. 😉

Oh for sure. And we don’t like hot headedness in this game. 😉
Like I said, before my time. The only Payne Stewart I remember was the one from the 99 US Open when I was 9 years old.

Always called him Bozo. I hated his goofy outfits. I know for a fact I ain't the only one.

Bro, Payne’s NFL team colored knickers and kangol hats were a thing of beauty. I staked claim/inherited a half dozen very colorful matching outfits when my teaching pro grandfather died, I still have them today. My wife and I absolutely ran away with a best dressed 1200 hundred couple Christmas party contest that was centered around one of those outfits.

While my wife is a pretty lady, the outfit was a difference maker. You may want to consider venturing into the fashion forum here at THP.;)

Payne …

Aside from his credentialed playing career , from a personal view . Can’t say anything negative about his clothing preference … it breaks the atypical dress style , and refers to golf fashions of previous eras . Sure a little different to the copied players but nothing wrong with , if you back it up too .

If l was anywhere near or even a fraction of his ability , Would comfortably wear that.

May not be everyone’s first choice but still a hell of a good player and horrible way to end .

Back