YOUR most disliked pro golfer of all time?

Also, consider that in the modern day idiom, if you are the least bit critical of anybody, be it an athlete, politician, business person, whoever, what are you then called? A "hater"!
Maybe this is getting a little too deep for a golf forum. But I think this is one of the huge weaknesses in our present culture. People assume they know what is going on in someone else's head all the time--and often when there is little to no evidence, and many possibilities. Baseless accusations have become the norm in some mediums and venues.

Today?
Greg Norman

For 25+ years it was this guy ...

1665016075445.png

Now, it's this guy ...

1665016151985.png

A lot of people don't like Sergio. I always felt like i understood Sergio......He definitely did a lot of dumb stuff but more than most people who do dumb stuff, he genuinely always seemed sorry about it. Plus he gave a lot of great and honest interviews over the years. Not many pro athletes would talk about how sad they were over a breakup and it affecting their performance, stuff like that

I always wanted to see him do well TBH

Payne Stewart, Sabbatini, and I'm getting tired of Tiger Woods.

Sergio can be a two-sided coin... that when you flip it - you don’t know what you are gonna get. He can be a very pleasant, engaging personality.... and then you can get insufferable brat Sergio. Depends on the day and the situation. I still enjoy watching his shot making artistry... but, his down side keeps him from being a favorite.

Sergio can be a two-sided coin... that when you flip it - you don’t know what you are gonna get. He can be a very pleasant, engaging personality.... and then you can get insufferable brat Sergio. Depends on the day and the situation. I still enjoy watching his shot making artistry... but, his down side keeps him from being a favorite.
McIlroy no doubt about it mainly because I dislike hypocrites and he is the biggest one of those.

What an odd thread. I hereby proclaim, fill in the blank, my most disliked golfer!

Hope you all feel better...

What an odd thread. I hereby proclaim, fill in the blank, my most disliked golfer!

Hope you all feel better...

I agree. Not sure why folks display dislike for others when they have never personally met them. Relies way to much on media portrayal.

I could name a host of players I am not a fan of, but I wouldn’t say I dislike them. Pass on this one, next question please.

It's quite simple for me. Any golf who takes their wedge, iron, etc and damages the green. Officially done with them.....

Sergio was DQ'd for doing this. I believe Bryson did this too.

Pat Perez! Yikes to that guy!@

Current crop? Brooksie., then Bryson.

Lee Westwood

It's quite simple for me. Any golf who takes their wedge, iron, etc and damages the green. Officially done with them.....

Sergio was DQ'd for doing this. I believe Bryson did this too.

So anyone who has ever taken a divot out of a green with a wedge, even though it may have been their best way to get it close, is disliked?

I have seen dozens of players take that shot, pros and amateurs alike. Some successful, some not, which sometimes results in damage to a green. Tournament play may warrant it, everyday play does not.

Bruce Cupcake. He is a stain on the Srixon brand.

I’d say James. Real tool. I play with him and he’s not nice to our starter and never tips on the 19th hole.
i realize you don’t know James but I figure you know him as well as the people you seem to dislike on the tour.

So anyone who has ever taken a divot out of a green with a wedge, even though it may have been their best way to get it close, is disliked?

I have seen dozens of players take that shot, pros and amateurs alike. Some successful, some not, which sometimes results in damage to a green. Tournament play may warrant it, everyday play does not.

If you do it out of anger or frustration, yes I can't stand you.

1:11

Several Videos embedded in Twitter.

Dechambeau smashing his putter into a practice green, look behind Beem. The week prior he took a swipe at the lip of the green on course.

I'm big on course respect and thinking of others. I want the other golfers to enjoy the course like I just did....... Some of those greens never grow back the same.

Last edited:
Let's see - where to start? Mickelson, Garcia, Singh, Reed, Poulter or Sabatini. Ok, I pick Garcia!

Never a bad choice, he destroys greens like a baby.

Reed. Just seems like not a cool guy

Not sure I had Phil before, if I did, I want to say Phil again, if not, add him to the list. The only he should be doing at this stage is Caddiesque - keep up, show up, SHUT UP.

Montgomerie …. Has the personality of cardboard and a ass of a man
from a former pro golfer

-Poulter
-Reed
-Norman (similarly, even before the LIV issues; he was always too cocky of himself)
-Mickelson (he used to be my favorite...but I now see him as the opportunist and scoundrel that everyone always said he was; goes hand in hand with his betting, FIGJAM status, false personna for PR sake).

-Daly (mostly from his absence of practice, smoking/drinking on range; little different from the other guys, I just can't stand those others).

I once would have had Montgomerie on there, but I've seen him in a number of interviews or in the golf analyst chair where you got to hear from him a bit and I enjoyed his sense of self-deprecating (English/dry) humor (i.e., "regarding US Open: "well, I was never good enough to even come close enough to sniff one of those...." I thought was hilarious to see him say that in an interview.

Back