Your Most Loathed: PGA Tour

Did Sergio say something about Tiger and fried Chicken? I know that Fuzzy Zoeller did before Tiger's first Master's dinner.

Yeah, this was after their dustup at the Players a while back. Just after, Sergio was asked a question about reconciling with Tiger and he said he'd have him over and feed him Fried Chicken every night (something like that).

Sergio.....but not from recent stuff, although that adds to it now. But back when he regripped over and over before pulling the trigger drove me nuts. Now it's starting to be Cantlay on the putting green. Fidget, fidget, move your feet over and over, then putt. Holy crap, hit it!!!

I have had a few experiences with tour players that were less than ideal, and then some where the people were so much nicer than their TV persona.

I’m tired of seeing Phil try to bomb and gouge every course! Put it in the fairway and stop trying to hit the miracle recovery shots!

After following the Patrick Reed saga and reading and watching the videos, I can say I'll root against him from not until I'm no longer on this Earth. It's really not hard to offer a mea culpa and ask forgiveness and then I know, at least Americans, are the most forgiving people in the world for those who admit their errors. This guy is just beyond the pale and copying what politicians are doing these days by never saying sorry.

Tough choice. I think for me it comes down to Reed, Sergio, or Poulter. The first two are equally disliked and Poulter is slightly behind. I know someone mentioned BK earlier and there are some here who probably expected me to go that route but I think the guy is fine and very talented on the course. It’s his off course stuff that I don’t care for and not enough to qualify him anywhere near the others for me.

Tiger Woods. The man is a marvelous golfer, but the golfer is not a marvelous man.

Have to agree with this one. Possibly the greatest of all time on a golf course, but hasn’t always been a brilliant human being. Though like a lot of ‘prodigies’ I don’t think that childhood helped.

Have to agree with this one. Possibly the greatest of all time on a golf course, but hasn’t always been a brilliant human being. Though like a lot of ‘prodigies’ I don’t think that childhood helped.

Although the current version is quite an improvement.

Bryson for me. I don't mind his approach to the game, but I don't like his so matter of fact attitude that his way is better than any other. It may be better for him (is it? has he ever tried anything else?) but the way he talks, he acts like he's changing the world. It's just annoying.

Reed - not a fan of the whole embrace of being the bad guy. And I think he's a cheater.

Honorable mention: Jack Nicklaus. I cannot stand listing to his ego spew out of his mouth in the form of his shrill voice.

Bryson, simply because he overthinks everything and is a bit full of himself.

Rahm and Sergio for their emotional outbursts. Though Rahm isn't to the same level as Sergio just yet.

Bubba because he's a crybaby when things don't go his way.

Poulter because he's arrogant and not talented enough to be so compared to the field. He's talented, just not to the level he believes he is.

Ian Poulter. Do I have to elaborate? Just grates my skin. Followed him on Twitter for a bit allowing him to irritate me daily - had to unfollow.

Ian Poulter. Do I have to elaborate? Just grates my skin. Followed him on Twitter for a bit allowing him to irritate me daily - had to unfollow.
Poulter is the modern Monty....

I have three:

Patrick Reed is a terrible cheater, and disgraces the game. He shouldn't be allowed to play.

Brooks Koepka irks me when he said he only practices when he's getting ready for a Major. But, then he'll shoot 80s and miss the cuts at regular PGA events. I perceived his demeanor to be pretentious and nonchalant about winning the US Open back-to-back in a filmed interview. To me, he acts like he's God's Gift to Golf.

That’s because he’s Mr Perfect when he knows there’s a camera on him. Heard he’s a complete douche bag away from cameras and to the guys on tour. I’m sure he didn’t get the FIGJAM nickname for no reason.
Phil was my mother-in-law's favorite, and I can understand why she loved him. He was great in front of the cameras, indeed. However, I can recall reading about Phil nearly losing his ability to play Augusta; though it's likely conjecture, evidently Phil lost a very high-stakes match to a Member at the course, and refused to pay up. That didn't go over so well with the other Members then allowing him to participate in the Masters. This in combination of his reported multiple affairs really gets under my skin.

I’m tired of seeing Phil try to bomb and gouge every course! Put it in the fairway and stop trying to hit the miracle recovery shots!
I thought this was so ironic; Phil is definitely dropping bombs, but it looks like his tracking system needs more calibration. Other than his antics on Instagram with Phireside with Phil, he's almost completely lost his relevance.

I once was in the room as a Gentleman golfer who has won majors and many others was sharing stories....About every 3rd word was F......I thought to myself wow, this guy really has the wool pulled over every bodies eyes.....And Tiger the men has been a dark character quite a bit but everybody loves him...Me..not so much.

Tiger Woods. The man is a marvelous golfer, but the golfer is not a marvelous man.
Thank you. You said it better than I could have, and much more diplomatically as well.

Add Patrick Reed as #2 and Bubba Watson as #3. Bubba is a giant richard, and then plays it off with his Jesus stuff.

[ETA:] After reading subsequent posts, add DJ to the list, let's call it a tie for 3rd. No personality and comes off dumb as a rock. Always seems like he's stoned.

Last edited:
Patrick Reed or Rory Sabatinni

Patrick Reed, too easy. Everything about him bothers me from his arrogance to his cheating.

Picking a second place would be much tougher.

For me ....Patrick Reed.....just a total Richard head. Thank goodness I PVR everything, just jump ahead when he appears and avoid.

Reed then Bradley, then Sergio

Dustin Johnson I think has a 💩 attitude. Not that I Loathe him but I have never seen that dude smile!

Sergio is the easy answer so I will skip him.
I actually find myself rooting for Reed from time to time because I think as a competitor he is great to watch, then the whole bunker thing happened and the way he handled it put a sour taste in my mouth.
My number one answer though is Matt Kuchar, and I honestly cannot tell you why. He is a nice guy, I talked to him briefly at the Sentry Tournament of champions a couple years ago but for some reason I just cannot stand watching him.
I think Jon Rahm has cooled his temper some and is starting to become more likable.

Dustin Johnson I think has a 💩 attitude. Not that I Loathe him but I have never seen that dude smile!
Erik Anders Lang did a series with Taylormade trying to hit hole in ones. One of them was with Dustin Johnson and it was easily the worst out of all of them. Just no personality.

I don’t know about “loathe”, but Matt Kuchar rubs me the wrong way. Ever since he stiffed that caddie I just haven’t seen him the same way.

Back