Your on course personality/approach?

What is your on course personality/approach? Choose one or many.

• Focused on the golf

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Social, outgoing

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Party mode

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Full pro every shot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Correcting everyone else's flaws

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quiet, reserved

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Grumpy

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Just happy to be not working

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Wishing it was a THP event

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Data scientist

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm happy to be on the course at anytime, it definitely beats being at work!
I am a naturally social guy, but not overly chatty to be a distraction.

I am definitely "Focused on Golf" as I take the game seriously enough to want to do my best every time out. That is not to say I don't socialize at all as we often kibitz and trade barbs back and forth, but the real socializing takes place after the game over a couple of beers. Having participated in one THP event I join everyone else in wanting to participate in another! :)

Was surprised there haven't been a higher % of wishing it was a THP event votes. I went with that and my 2nd choice would be focused on golf.

I haven’t been to a THP. Event but I’ve read enough about the experience. I definitely have to make one of them if not 10.

I’m on the course to enjoy the day, the outdoors, the company and the game. I’ll focus in when it’s time to hit the ball but between shots I just relax and enjoy.

I'm focused on the golf, but fairly social as well. I like a bit of a chat and one liners.

Love the camaraderie and love the game. As we always have something on the line, I relish the competition and opportunity to win money too.

I'm always focused on golf but some are surprised to learn that, LOL. That's because if others wish to socialize, I have zero issue in taking part. I prefer to not think about golf in between shots so if someone wants to talk, I'm all in.

But I'm easy, if someone prefers to keep to themselves or keep conversation at a minimum, I'm OK with that too.

When it's my turn to go, I don't expect silence as noises or voices won't distract me, but I will hit a switch as I'm all-in on the task at hand.

(FWIW, I never talk/move/make noise during others' prep and shot)

I enjoy the social aspect, when I’m playing with others, but I try to focus on my shots. I tend to play better if I can focus on my shots and let it go between shots. So I like talking and socializing while walking/riding to the next ball.

I enjoy the social aspect, when I’m playing with others, but I try to focus on my shots. I tend to play better if I can focus on my shots and let it go between shots. So I like talking and socializing while walking/riding to the next ball.
whe

That's me too. Try to focus once it's my turn to hit. Otherwise, I try relax and enjoy the day :cool:

i was thinking about on course v. online differences. I engage online because I am passionate about golf, enjoy learning about people, and believe two-way sharing about the golf experience increases our enjoyment of golf. Without THP, I don't think I would have continued golfing after taking it up a few years ago. But online is also uncomfortable for me. I feel awkward and uncertain every time I post. The words and the feelings and intent are hard for me to match up, and I fear I can rub some the wrong way. That is never my intent. But the value to me is worth that personal discomfort. That contrasts with a completely different on course experience. In person, I am at ease with just about anybody and balanced and fun. I think most golf partners find me to be social in a laid back and easy going way but also focused on and serious about golf. I banter. I can tease and be teased. I am open and engaged. I would like my real life personality and approach to better match my online words. That's a work in progress. ;)

I am most definitely Social, outgoing

I have to remind myself that not everyone is like me and that they don't like people talking on the tee box or the putting green when they're trying to hit.

Back when I was a 6 on good south Florida courses, I was even keeled and fairly quiet and might say something between green to next tee. I didn't react to a great shot, because that was what I intended and I didn't say anything on a bad shot... I just played whatever the next shot was and moved on, putting it behind me. The closest I would ever come to losing my cool, was 3 putting for par or bogey. For me, the fun was playing and scoring well. I didn't need social interaction with anyone with me, during the round. After the round, if we went to the 19th hole, I was social and enjoyed it. A lot of times though, I would walk off 18 and go straight to the range and work on the issues.

Now, I don't have the expectation of playing that well anymore.... I just enjoy being out and hitting some good shots but scoring is not as important anymore. Don't mistake that for not wanting to improve, as I am working on it but my expectation has changed. I'm not the type that goofs around and acts silly on the course. I like the peace and solitude.

social and fun, but I am trying to shoot a good score and want to do my best.

i was thinking about on course v. online differences. I engage online because I am passionate about golf, enjoy learning about people, and believe two-way sharing about the golf experience increases our enjoyment of golf. Without THP, I don't think I would have continued golfing after taking it up a few years ago. But online is also uncomfortable for me. I feel awkward and uncertain every time I post. The words and the feelings and intent are hard for me to match up, and I fear I can rub some the wrong way. That is never my intent. But the value to me is worth that personal discomfort. That contrasts with a completely different on course experience. In person, I am at ease with just about anybody and balanced and fun. I think most golf partners find me to be social in a laid back and easy going way but also focused on and serious about golf. I banter. I can tease and be teased. I am open and engaged. I would like my real life personality and approach to better match my online words. That's a work in progress. ;)
Thanks for sharing this! Don't worry about it! You come across just fine... be yourself!

By the way, I used to go out and hunt in eastern MT. I would setup in Miles City and then travel to 6 different ranches/ranchers I was introduced to. I was coming from south FL and the ranchers just couldn't understand why I would come all the way up there to hunt deer and antelope. Hahaha...!!! The thing I learned, was to treat their property like it was my own and take care of it. Sit down in their kitchen and have a cup of coffee and talk with them before you go out. There were so many deer (Muleys or WT) that you didn't need to be early or rush. After hunting, always circle back and talk with them about what I saw or fixed on their fences or gates or the trash I picked up. Those people are the salt of the Earth. I thought the world of them. They were cautious and tough as nails but once they accepted you and realized you were a good person, they would do anything for you. Montana used to let you just buy an out of state license and you could go hunt. Then, they changed the regulation where you had to have a guide. This stopped me from going back out. I didn't need a guide on these private ranches. By the way, the ranches ranged from 16 sections, to 49 sections. The big one was magnificent!

Thanks for sharing this! Don't worry about it! You come across just fine... be yourself!

By the way, I used to go out and hunt in eastern MT. I would setup in Miles City and then travel to 6 different ranches/ranchers I was introduced to. I was coming from south FL and the ranchers just couldn't understand why I would come all the way up there to hunt deer and antelope. Hahaha...!!! The thing I learned, was to treat their property like it was my own and take care of it. Sit down in their kitchen and have a cup of coffee and talk with them before you go out. There were so many deer (Muleys or WT) that you didn't need to be early or rush. After hunting, always circle back and talk with them about what I saw or fixed on their fences or gates or the trash I picked up. Those people are the salt of the Earth. I thought the world of them. They were cautious and tough as nails but once they accepted you and realized you were a good person, they would do anything for you. Montana used to let you just buy an out of state license and you could go hunt. Then, they changed the regulation where you had to have a guide. This stopped me from going back out. I didn't need a guide on these private ranches. By the way, the ranches ranged from 16 sections, to 49 sections. The big one was magnificent!

Being uncertain online is being myself. :unsure:

I love hearing your experiences. The working landscapes and people across the state and region are remarkable. I regularly get out to a few ranches across the state working dogs on livestock. I also interact with a larger set of ranchers at clinics and trials. Great community of hard working people. Love 'em.

Being uncertain online is being myself. :unsure:

I love hearing your experiences. The working landscapes and people across the state and region are remarkable. I regularly get out to a few ranches across the state working dogs on livestock. I also interact with a larger set of ranchers at clinics and trials. Great community of hard working people. Love 'em.

Hahaha...!!! Got it!

You know, people always talk about the western side of MT and rightly so because of the Rockies.... but there is a certain beauty of the badlands on the eastern side I came to appreciate. That 49 section ranch that bordered the Powder River near Broadus was stunningly beautiful. 1,500' to 2,000' ridges, then lowland out to the river and up in it's higher elevation was Big Horn sheep and in a high meadow were young Muley's that had no fear of man. Golden Eagles soaring overhead. I was in bliss.

In that high meadow, I heard a rock tumble behind me and turned and saw these 3 Big Horns grazing about 50' up from me.
clsY4WV.jpg

I could get about 20' from these young Muley's.
xTig2mr.jpg

Apologies for the thread drift.

Just happy to be not working

this right here. i still care and can get frustrated, but i'm just happy to be out on the course, doing the thing i love to do even if i'm not very good at it.

Not sure. I am me don't think any 1 category works.

There’s a lot of rounds where I’m focused solely on the golf. I’m so competitive that it’s hard for me to avoid tucking my head and being 100% focused. I’ve worked on being more involved in everything else besides the golf this year. I guess to no surprise, Its led to more fun rounds and less frustration :LOL:

Focused on the golf
Full pro every shot
Wishing it was a THP event
Data scientist

Back