Your on course personality/approach?

What is your on course personality/approach? Choose one or many.

• Focused on the golf

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Social, outgoing

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Party mode

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Full pro every shot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Correcting everyone else's flaws

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quiet, reserved

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Grumpy

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Just happy to be not working

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Wishing it was a THP event

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Data scientist

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am typically quiet and reserved. I am conversational and get to know someone, but I don't typically deep dive into anyone's life unless I am playing with them regularly.

But, of course I am always wishing I was at a THP event!! Someday...someday!!

I'm focused on the golf for sure, but not to the point that I take myself too seriously. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Definitely focused on the golf, but also like to have some fun and interact with the people I'm playing. I will never get to the point that I take my golf too seriously.:)

I'm enthusiastic and social but easy going. I focus on the golf but where I can like to get to know the people I'm golfing with. I'm not always a good fit with the party crowd and some of the more reserved, quiet players.

I see so many different personalities and approaches. I wondered if THP calls to some types more than others. I have golf buddies who banter and put each other down all day and others who are best described as grumpy focused. I've also run into total pro types where I felt like I was playing alone. The only ones who get under my skin are the golfers who can't tell me enough times what I'm doing wrong.

I focus on the golf, but also want to have a good time and that is important to me.

despite not being able to shut up off the course, I am usually quite quiet on the course. I am usually fighting my own demons and trying to scrape together a round so may come off as grumpy, but I love getting out.

I focus on the golf, but also want to have a good time and that is important to me.

I totally agree, one of the reasons I like golfing so much is the fun I have doing it. When golf becomes a chore and not fun is the day I will hang up the golf shoes.

Completely depends on the season, my energy level, the gear in my hands, the company, and the wagers/competition. I'm totally happy to just kick back, enjoy the day, and that I'm not working, but I can focus so hard you have to shout my name multiple times before I even hear it, and everything in between too. I'm game for all games.

Try to be a good mix of focused on the golf while still being social and having fun.

I chose focused, social and full pro

Focused because I try with every shot
Social because I like talking and joking between shots
Full Pro not because of the outcome of my game, but my approach to the rounds

I'm usually relatively quiet and don't take the golf too seriously. I'm pretty laid back for the most part.

I am focused on the golf because I love to play, but I also joke around quite a bit and I love the social aspect of the game. I do get in my own way sometimes with over analysis though. One thing I don't do is lose my cool. I just don't like playing with someone who does so I dont do it myself. I do try to win whatever game we ar laying that day though. I am competitive.

Quiet, reserved. Im a pretty introverted person and if I get grouped with randoms, I tend to not really talk to them about anything other than golf unless they try to engage me in conversation. Im there to golf, not to talk. ?‍♂️

Depends. Am I shooting 82 or 102?

I used to be serious on the course. Read a bunch of Rotella books. Now I tend to just be my easy going self regardless of how I’m shooting. Much better.

Social and easygoing, because I don't play well enough to take it too serious.

I enjoy golf.

Even when I play bad golf.

It might actually be my superpower, because I've played some baaaaaad golf with a smile on my face.

i'm the stereotypical "non-golfer" of the group...I use baseball slang and drink lots of beer.

In the past, when I was playing in Sectional PGA events, I was full pro mode on every shot. I really didn't enjoy playing that way, and once I got out of the PGA events, I became more of a social golfer, I still get focused over the ball, but I can turn it off after hitting my shot. I credit playing with my wife and getting my son into the game for helping me take it a little less seriously.

I focus on the golf and love to chat between shots.

I'm pretty focused on golf but not at the exclusion of being social. I certainly focus on playing but also enjoy the chat and banter of playing partners.

Social and happy to not be working.

Im way past the sucking the fun out of the group/day by being the one so hyper focused on things within the golf that I lose sight of it just being a pastime. Toughest rounds for me are with those that take their game way too serious.

Back