YOUR Opinion: Biggest golf fashion faux pas?

I see so many teenagers running around in town now with long black socks and Nike sandals. I get that they are easy to slip on. But, why the socks? Just why?

I tried to explain to my 11 year old that in all likelihood he will be short like his mother and father, and that adding extra horizontal lines like mid-calf length socks isn't going to help him look any taller. He still wears crew socks in long basketball shorts.

I tried to explain to my 11 year old that in all likelihood he will be short like his mother and father, and that adding extra horizontal lines like mid-calf length socks isn't going to help him look any taller. He still wears crew socks in long basketball shorts.

Haha, I forgot the long basketball shorts. Also a summer staple of the American teenager.

I've never seen anyone wear Golf sandals.

I'd probably say cargo shorts. And the best golfer I golf with wears...cargo shorts. But when he hits it the way he does you can wear whatever you want hah.

Golf shirts buttoned all the way up. It just looks weird to me.

That being said, I am storing this thread and will dress in all the wrong ways for one round. SO far, it is sandals, with a bucket hat, mock and cargo shorts, with iron covers.

Anything that Bill Murray wears.

6th photo
Golf-2016_JHSvRummel_Timberlane_09132016_401.jpg

The two guys (one kneeling front center, one standing back right) with the light blue shirt, white shorts, white-and-blue saddle shoes and black socks is pretty typical of the combo I see on young men playing or practicing at my club. Always light colored shorts and many times with white shoes. Just can't understand black socks with that combo but "it's a thing" as we keep saying.

I've never seen anyone wear Golf sandals.

I'd probably say cargo shorts. And the best golfer I golf with wears...cargo shorts. But when he hits it the way he does you can wear whatever you want hah.

Does he keep anything in all of those pockets?

Always been curious if people who wear cargo shorts actually use all of the available space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been curious if people who wear cargo shorts actually use all of the available space.

I quit wearing cargo shorts in general because I realized I was carrying more and more of my wife & kids' stuff.

All jokes aside. He sometimes has his gun strapped to his side while he golfs. When he notices he has it is when he just leaves it in the golf cart.

In the cargo shorts? Probably some Marlboro’s haha

5b49cfd587d933c9049867fc78fc8f97.jpg

This socks talk reminded me, but there are a lot of younger guys on tour who even wear the no show socks with pants which seems odd. Maybe keeps them a little cooler on hot days. I was going to post it in another thread, but since Golf Ghost posted a pic (of an outlier) I thought I’d post it here:

Brooks-Koepka-WITB-putter-shoes.jpg

This socks talk reminded me, but there are a lot of younger guys on tour who even wear the no show socks with pants which seems odd. Maybe keeps them a little cooler on hot days. I was going to post it in another thread, but since Golf Ghost posted a pic (of an outlier) I thought I’d post it here:

Brooks-Koepka-WITB-putter-shoes.jpg

Disclaimer: I am no young guy, nor am I on tour.

I am a no show sock guy in almost all situations. I am so used to them that I hate the feeling of having socks run half way up my leg. Then, to get them to stay, you have to make sure they are tight enough. Just uncomfortable. I can see where they are coming from there.

Disclaimer: I am no young guy, nor am I on tour.

I am a no show sock guy in almost all situations. I am so used to them that I hate the feeling of having socks run half way up my leg. Then, to get them to stay, you have to make sure they are tight enough. Just uncomfortable. I can see where they are coming from there.

I have no idea why I thought it was weird. I’ve always worn longer socks with pants, but not really for any specific reason. I typically don’t wear pants outside of work unless it’s cold outside or a formal event. So I guess it seemed counterintuitive if I was looking to dress warm.

Its awful man, but we are learning its an optical illusion. Its not a thing : )

Maybe it's regional because where I am it is ubiquitous. I hate slides with a passion.

Golf sandals or anything made by Loudmouth.

Teach high schoolers, can confirm high socks with slides. Ugh....

I’m going with the top button. I know there’s a button there, but don’t use it. Just. Stop.

I don't generally wear cargo shorts for golf, but I have one pair of golf cargo shorts. Phone for Arccos in my front left pocket. Tees in my left cargo pocket (and God knows what else). Front right pocket, extra balls. Right cargo pocket, ball marker and pitch tool (and maybe a spare gun magazine, depending on the day. Force of habit)

Teach high schoolers, can confirm high socks with slides. Ugh....

I’m going with the top button. I know there’s a button there, but don’t use it. Just. Stop.

Why you gotta hate on Bubba?

ap_aptopix_china_golf_hsbc_champions_68614106-e1415541969218.jpg

Golf sandals for me.

The tight jogger pant things. HATE them

Back